Always Fresh

Always Fresh

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published 2006 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Always Fresh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always Fresh

Crystal Gao
Tim Horton is more of a symbol of culture than anything else for me. Like many other Canadians, we as a family start our days with Tim Horton's coffee and donuts. We love Tim Horton because the food is fresh and healthy, unlike the typical fast food.

I am very curious about the man who made Tim Horton Tim Horton. The book is a easy read, trails Ron Joyce from his poor childhood to his departure from Tim Horton. It is inspiring to read about how Mr. Joyce formulated the brilliant yet simple strat...more
Chequer
This book is truly a pleasant surprise as it proved to be a "very good read" (that phrase can be comfortably used with the down-home writing style used) that was interesting, insightful and honest. It touches on topics of business, self-improvement, hockey, love, self-discovery and much more.

During this journey, Ron Joyce sets the record straight about a lot of topics and does not hold back names. While done gently, he shows that the pen truly is mightier than the sword and through it all we cle...more
Jasmine Roque
I read this book as a result of participating in my college library's "Blind Date with a Book" event (hey, it was Valentine's Day and you'd get free chocolate!), so this wasn't something that I would normally read.

Interesting "date." Pretty insightful about the history of both the Tim Hortons business and Ron Joyce's life. Did you know that Tim Horton was a hockey player as well as a partner in this company before he died in a car accident? Or that Ron Joyce began life in poverty and worked as a...more
Teena in Toronto
I like reading non-fiction and who hasn't heard of Tim Hortons?

I'm not a coffee drinker but rarely say no to a donut!

Joyce grew up poor in Nova Scotia (I'm from NS too). So it was interesting to read how he achieved what he has.

Realizing we are just hearing his side of the story, I still found it entertaining. I enjoyed the writing style (though there were some typos). It wasn't too deep or detailed ... just right for me.
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
Have you ever wondered how Tim Horton's came to be, then this is the book to read. Learn how Ron Joyce turned Tim Horton's into what it is today.

One thing Canadians might not know is that Tim Horton's is owned by Wendy's.
Miles
Mildly entertaining in areas. Could have done without the axe grinding but I very much enjoyed the business aspects and the story behind the coffee cash cow.
Keith Powell
Only in Canada would a national magazine feature a cover story called "Donut Wars." And this books explains why. Good business read.
Kenneth Lorence
Kenneth Lorence marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
John
John added it
Aug 08, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Patti
Patti added it
May 18, 2014
Dong Kaizen
Dong Kaizen marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Bizaaron
Bizaaron is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2014
Amanda Drummie
Amanda Drummie marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Prakhar Vasishtha
Prakhar Vasishtha marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013