Holy Bible: One-Minute Bible: New International Version

Holy Bible: One-Minute Bible: New International Version

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  319 ratings  ·  52 reviews
- For young adults seeking a Bible that deals with contemporary issues and helps them apply biblical truths to their lives

- Addresses three common complaints about the Bible: I can't understand it (Highlights and Insights), I can't find it (Subject Guide), I get discouraged (3-Track Reading Plan)

- 100 People You Should Know gives insight into the lives and faith of import

Published September 1st 1992 by Garborg's Heart 'n Home (first published January 1st 1920)

ماهر الرحمن

كتبت هذه الكلمات فى 20 فبراير 2013 وها أنا أعود إليها اليوم لا لكتابة ما وعدت به، فإن الوقت لم يحن بعد، لكن لإضافة رافد مهم فى تكوين ثقافتى عن المسيحية غير تلك التفاسير التى أشرت إليها، وغير كتابات الأب متى، وغير أفضال مكتبة معهد الدراسات الشرقية للآباء الدومنيكان، إلى الأب وليم اليسوعى راهب الفقراء. وهذا بمناسبة قراءتى لكتاب من تحريره عن لاهوت التحرير.. وأنا أعرف عن الأب وليم من زياراتى القليلة لمكتبة الجيزوت وبعض عروض الأفلام من وقت لآخر.ولد الرجل فى قنا 1948 وحصل على ليسانس الفلسفة من آداب ال...more
Alyssa
This book is all over the place! At the very least it should have been published as two different novels - I don't really see much of a connection between the first half and the second half. Completely different characters and tone. The first half was too violent for me, but the second half wasn't too bad. For some reason I kept getting the feeling that we weren't getting the WHOLE truth about Jesus though...hmmm, perhaps some chapters were edited out by the publishers?
David
Although the King James authorised version is the most poetic it is something of a plod at times, and I found this one with its explanatory notes and easy-to-read text a lot more elucidating in terms of what's going on. I have to admit that what drew me to it in the shop two years ago was the recommendations by Melvyn Bragg and David Suchet, who I admire as writers and broadcasters. Suchet, a leading Shakesperean actor, tells how a few years ago he was lying in his bath in a hotel in America, wh...more
Mahmoud Adly Ezzat
قرأت الكتاب من وجهة نظر محايدة ككتاب يتبعه ملايين البشر على الأرض. قرأت حتى سفر القضاة في العهد القديم و الأربعة أناجيل الأولى في العهد الجديد (هي متماثلة مع فرق السرد بين كل إنجيل)

العهد القديم: كتاب تاريخ مليء بالسرد المطوّل في وصف العائلات و مقتضب في قصص أنبياء الماضي! و من أعظم ما أدهشني هو وصف هؤلاء الأنبياء, فكيف أتبع دينا حمله أنبياء قتلة و زناة و سارقون ؟! كما أحاطت بالوصف نزعة من القبلية للإله الخاص بقبيلة واحدة دون غيرها. بجانب العنف الشديد تجاه الأمميين. كما تعجّبت من الإله الذي يندم و...more
Alona Mae
This Bible is profoundly close to my heart. Ever since year 2007, the Lord has been faithfully using this in equipping and encouraging me in my walk with Him. This Bible has been with me in this life's roller coaster ride for 5 years now. It gave me strength and encouragement when i desperately needed the push. It gave me comfort during periods of pain and grief. It accompanied me when i needed to wait in line for a long time, when i'm waiting in between classes and at times when i just have no...more
Judah Davis
Read this from cover to cover. I loved the way the beginning of each book explains the author, when he wrote it, and why he wrote it. Little interesting tidbits of info are dispersed throughout leaving me constantly saying, "Wow, I never knew that ..." I haven't found a Bible yet that I love as much as this one.
Velvetink
1977 edition
Carol
I am taking a year to use my bible reader's journal to read through the entire bible and to try and absorb and understand it. In hopes of better understanding me and my own way of thinking and understanding God, religion, Christianity and Starbucks coffee.

I am now 3 1/2 months into reading through the bible, I have not missed a day, sometimes the stories are good and make me forget to stop at a cetain verse, sometimes, like in Numbers, I am bored stiff with all the RULES.

One thing I have really...more
Kimmo Korpela
Sep 23, 2010 Kimmo Korpela is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Finished the old testament and I really can't see what this part of the bible has to do with Christianity today. The God depicted here is more or less a bipolar sadist with a massive inferiority complex.

He does bad things to good people, then gets angry when said people get upset. He doesn't seem to have any concept of cause and effect. Basically, he acts like a 5 year old on drugs.
Ken Badertscher
How does one review the Holy Bible? I have the Kindle edition. It is a good edition, with useful links to every chapter of every book as well as links to notes. I've always liked the New International Version best, as it seems the most straightforward for just reading. I'm a devout athiest, but this is still an important book.
Kara
I like the size, coloring inside and out and the portability factors of this Bible. The devotions...not at good as my Mom's or True Identity...but certainly a good solution for someone wanting a small Bible to total places without worry.
Amanda
Jun 21, 2012 Amanda is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I will always (well not always but constantly) be reading, widely my understand of God's Word.
Elaine D
This is truly amazing. I'm convinced that it has revolutionized my relationship with God. By following the structured lessons and self-reflections, I have had some of the most defining moments in my faith doing my devotions each night. Included in each daily "lesson" are: scripture reading, coordinating anecdote and thoughts, quotes, related biblical readings, and reflection questions. I think every woman should choose this because its written by women, for women and everything about it is like...more
Lizzy B
A perfectly sized, handy pocket bible.

The TNIV translation of the original texts allows for a legitimate wording today, that is culturally understandable to the context of how it was written, doesn't loose the meaning of the text and doesn't write in "he" or "man" or "brother" where the original text was not gender specific. At first i thought it was just being P.C. but now having studied some greek i see its actually just taking our understanding back to the original text rather than a patriar...more
Ginny
The Bible is by far the best teaching instrument on the Christian faith. Every line has nooks and cranies hiding jewels that will speak to the soul and lovingly guide your path. However, I could not have done it without a book that breaks down the passages written in Chronological order and dates that guide me through the reading process of 15 minutes per day.

It's fascinating how it truly is one text- the story of God - with foreshadowing, a climax, and a resolution, despite the many authors.
Rei
I just started reading the bible again in January 2011. This time around I have seen things that I didn't see the first few times before. Although this time I will read the whole book I usually stop reading the last six books of the bible I was always scare to read Jesus on the cross and revlations but this time I'm going to read the whole bible and fear the lord like everyone should and educate my children to do the same. God is good all the time!!
Mark Uncommon Valor
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

I Corinthians 13:4-8
Aiko
Jun 29, 2011 Aiko rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Aiko by: Angeline Susilo Hentri
Shelves: everyday-read
A collection of verses from the Holy Bible for every emotions or situations you might encounter in your everyday life. You could relate to the short "devotional thoughts" shared by the contributors, thinking "Ah.. I'm not the only one."
A soothing read when you are troubled and need a little message to get through the day.
Leigh
I've never read the Bible in it's entirety, front to back....which is embarressing to admit as I've been a Christian for 14 years AND went to Bible college! I've started my journey through the Bible last month and am finding that I have so many questions I never thought about asking before. I'm loving it!
Sonia
I finally read straight through the bible!!!!! it took me two years, but I did it..now I'm gonna see if I can do it in one year.:) This book is: INSPIRED BY GOD! AMAZING! PERFECT! WONDERFUL! WITHOUT FLAW!
It has adventure, advice, prophecy, romance, history, you name it...and its all true!

Tracy
this Bible has been through it all. Through a divorce, through the military, through the dark times, and now. I am surprised it has held up this long considering it is a paperback. I love it. Its translatation is awesome, and it has a great reading program in it. I LOVE It.
Jason Reeser
I finally sat down and read this through in Jan of 2002. It did not take as long as I had thought it might. Having studied so much of it piecemeal over the years, it was a nice change of perspective to read it from cover to cover.
Safey
قرأت الإنجيل العهد الجديد - انجيل متى .. أما المزامير و الأسفار لم أكملها ..
يوجد تقاطع واضح مع القرآن و خصوصاً الاصحاح السادس و السابع نفس التعاليم الموجودة في الديانة الإسلامية
Renee
I have great vision at 26 years old, and I could not read the type. I can't speak for the contents because it was too small to read without straining my eyes.
Emallie Magoon
There is no way to write a review on the Bible.. It speaks for itself if it is the best seller and stays that way then there is no doubt in my mind that it is true..
DJ =^^=
Starting the Daily Reading Plan-hoping to finally read the entire Bible. Have started many times but never have finished the 'One year daily reading plan'.
James
Dec 22, 2010 James rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every Christian
Recommended to James by: every Christian
The life of Jesus as described in the Four Gospels is the model for Christian behavior—our relationships with others and how to live in the world.
Jessie
So I've read most of the Bible, but I don't think I have read it in its entirity. It's a difficult read and a constant work in progress;)
Diana Nelson
I've been on the three-year read-ever-word track for seven years now. I am renewing my commitment to finish this study bible!
Cara
I followed the reading plan on www.oneyearbible.net ~ so proud that I finally read the bible cover to cover! :-)
  • What the Bible Is All About Bible Handbook NIV Edition
  • Halley's Bible Handbook
  • Know What You Believe
  • The Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • Women of the Bible
  • The Preacher and the Presidents: Billy Graham in the White House
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • What Is a Healthy Church?
  • Biopsychology
  • The Bible as History
  • How to Study Your Bible: The Lasting Rewards of the Inductive Method
  • The Case for Christ, Youth Edition: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence of Jesus
  • Cracking Da Vinci's Code - Digest
  • Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim's Progress
  • Concepts of Programming Languages
  • Truffles By The Sea
  • A Survey of the Old Testament (Second Edition)
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights The Epic of Gilgamesh Holy Bible: New International Version The Bhagavad Gita

“[The family] is the one institution in which it is possible to say “we” without any loss of individuality. It is each for all and all for each, as is never the case in a secular society and seldom in a religious society. To say “we” and to mean it, is a very great spiritual achievement for the nominative plural is the noblest of the personal pronouns. A family in which each does what he can, each receives what he needs, wholly without financial calculation of earning or merit, represents the highest known ideal, our only true approximation to the Kingdom of God, yet countless families, made up of fallible persons, demonstrate this ideal in great measure every day of their lives.” 0 likes