Start by marking “Berpikir dan Berjiwa Besar” as Want to Read:
Berpikir dan Berjiwa Besar

Berpikir dan Berjiwa Besar

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  30,814 ratings  ·  760 reviews

Millions of people throughout the world have improved their lives using
The Magic of Thinking Big.

Dr. David J. Schwartz, long regarded as one of the foremost experts on motivation, will help you sell better, manage better, earn more money, and -- most important of all -- find greater happiness and peace of mind.

The Magic of Thinking Bi
Published 2001 by Kharisma Group (first published 1959)

An inspiring book that will teach you to think beyond the mundane, every day, status quo. The enemy we call "average" threatens to take away the hopes, dreams, and meaning in our lives. Strive for excellence in everything you do. If you want something you've never had, you'll have to do something you've never done.
Dec 05, 2008 Tracy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tracy by: Ryan Godsey
I know several people who feel that this book has changed their lives. I'm not certain I can make that claim for myself, but this was the first time I'd heard of the three failure diseases: Procrastonation, Excuse-itis and detail-itis. I think at some time or another, I was guilty of all three. Now I tend to catch mysef in the midst of them and think "a-ha! Stop that."
David Rosage
Feb 21, 2008 David Rosage rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with dreams
Recommended to David by: My Father
This book changed the way I look at the world, and will remain a powerful reminder of the great things that can be accomplished with the right attitude.
Anthony Fox
A Review of The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz

Think success, don’t think failure. The mantra of believe in yourself is the premise of this book. The copy I have read was first published in 1960. This was one of the books I found in my grandfather’s bookcase and one which I kept after he died. This is second time I have read this book with many years between the readings. I know the book has been re-published many times since and is available. The reason I selected this book to write
Brady Bunte
I have to admit, I have read this book about 8 times. I make it a goal to read this book every six months because of the powerful influences that come from Dr. Schwartz. I read this book initially in 1999 and was taken aback by how powerful the thinking process is. As a result of applying the book, I was able to get a better job, attain certifications in my field (Computers), buy a house and feel much better about myself. If you find yourself in need of a change, look no further than this book.
I don't really like self help books, but this was a really good book. Simple, quick read, and actually had intelligent content. I would recommend this book to anyone, but if you like self help books, then this is a must read.
I came away from this self-help book with a few useful/helpful tidbits, namely in the "stay positive," "love what you do" and "work hard" categories. However, as helpful as the book was in the 1960s for millions of people, I don't think I represent its ideal audience.

Because, in order to truly glean more than just a few tidbits of advice from this book, I imagine you would have to subscribe to the thinking that "success" and its cousin, "happiness," are defined the way Dr. Schwartz defines it:
Asep Sambodja
Nov 16, 2007 Asep Sambodja rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Temanku yang sedang putus asa di sana...
buku ini aku baca saat aku mengalami kegagalan pada 1986. buku ini pula yang membangkitkan aku dari kegagalan itu. aku sangat berterima kasih dengan penulis buku ini. karena begitu membantu aku bangun dari keterpurukanku. bayangin, ketika aku gagal, kepala sekolahku di sma 1 ungaran langsung melecehkanku. untung aku lari ke buku, bukan ke narkoba. ah, ternyata buku juga sama dengan narkoba. sekarang aku kecanduan buku. bahkan, ketika stress saat mahasiswa dulu, saat tugas menumpuk, aku baca juga ...more
Mohammed Al-Abdullah
I got the recommendation for this book from Anthony Robins in his famous book (Awaken Your Giant Within) , and he quoted lots of sayings and mentioned them in his book ..

Then I decided to read it as soon as I could .. Although, it's shorter than Robins's book but really it's an amazing book, full of essential concepts and secrets ..

I recommend everybody to read it deeply and apply it's concepts
Tifa maharani
ayoo kita berpikir besar,, karena segala sesuatu berasal dari pikiran kita.. Kenapa harus takut berpikir besar... kita UNLIMITED looo,,,jadi manfaatkan untuk berpikir lebih,,lebih dan lebih...
Pikiran kita milik kita sendiri!! jangan menyamakannya dengan orang lain..:D
David P.
My Dad assigned me to read a book sometime in late November. The book he assigned me to read was The Magic of Thinking Big by Dr. David J. Schwartz, one of the leaders on the art of motivation (according to the back of the book, anyway. According to my Dad, this book would give me great principles on how to be successful in life. In this regard, the book succeeds greatly. Along with that, Dr. Schwartz makes it interesting to read about the success principles.

So, what is The Magic of Thinking Big
The Chicago Tribune asked all the local primary candidates what their favorite book was. Of course, the liberal wonks put in stuff by Lincoln or Locke. The right wingers were typically imaginative in their selection of "The Bible." The tea party candidate, Adam Andrejewski, chose this book which intrigued me. Also, his choice for "the book you would take on a desert island" was "How to survive on a desert island." So, I liked the cut of his jib.

I'm a fan of self-improvement books and this one pr
David Garza
Third time through. It's amazing how a person's thinking is always in the process of becoming small and marginalizing itself. This is a must read for anyone wanting to increase their thinking and pull the weeds out of their life.

[The second time reading this book was very helpful. It's amazing what you can forget and need to be reminded of. I absolutely love the final 2-3 pages. A great summary of what it takes to be successful in any endeavor.]

[This book is just what the doctor ordered. When yo
David Hooper
This is a kick ass book. I've read a lot of this kind of thing over the years, but this one did a good job of explaining the core concepts of "thinking big" in a new way I hadn't heard. Great examples to relate to as well as steps you can take when you really want to make things happen in your life.

Like a lot of books in this genre, this one seems geared toward people in business. However, what he's talking about will work in all aspects of life-- relationships, happiness, health, fitness, etc.

Buku ini keren, self development yang bagus banget.
Mengajari banyak hal dan gw rasa bagus dibaca untuk anak2 SMA karena disaat2 itu kepribadian gak stabil dan mereka perlu mengetahu arah mana yang ingin dituju dalam hidup
Scott Brelsford
This was the first personal development book I ever read when I was encouraged to do some self-help. Although initially I was very reluctant to do some self-help (I realise now I was afraid about what I'd discover about myself), this book did honestly impact me emotionally and spiritually.

This book helped me to realise that I had been living a life where I had placed un resourceful meanings to events and about my place in the world, I was hiding behind excuses and stories, I was blaming everyon
Cathy Allen
This one has some good ideas in it, but I guess I expected more from a classic. First published in 1959, the book appears on many "must read" lists, and is sometimes quoted by modern authors. I enjoyed it, but maybe not as much as I expected to.

There is something very appealing about the simple idea that we can all direct the course of our lives by choosing thoughts that lead us toward achievement and happiness. Napoleon Hill wrote about it in the 1930s and Wayne Dyer has churned out a couple do
Garland Vance
The Magic of Thinking Big was horrible for several reasons (some of which are my fault):
1. It was recommended by Michael Hyatt on one of his podcasts, so I went in with very high expectations due to his recommendation.
2. The audio book must have been recorded in the late 1980's. It was horrible audio quality and very cheesy music throughout it.
3. The title of the book should have been "The Magic of Thinking Big About Yourself." It had less to do with big thinking about your visions and dreams an
This is a good book only if you read it to yourself in the voice of a 1950s tv announcer. First published in 1959, this book is chock full of sound advice for the young gentleman looking to get ahead, acquire the secrets of success, make more money for his family, think like a leader, etc. etc. Where are the women? Why, they're at home, of course, cooking and cleaning and raising those children.

Each chapter is an examination of a different successories-style motivational lecture: Believe You Ca
Undrakh Ganzorig
Хуудас бүр нь урам зориг өгсөн маш сайхан ном .Ихэнх хувь хүний хөгжлийн номнууд дээр гардаг шиг л өөртөө итгэх , амьдралыг өөдрөг нүдээр харах гэхчилэн зүйлсийн тухай өгүүлсэн хэдий ч сонирхолтой бөгөөд сэтгэлд амархан хүрч байсан .Өөртөө байгаа бүхнээ ямар үнэтэй гэдгийг улам хүчтэй мэдэрч байнаа
One of the best business books I've read.
Jyoti Aggarwal
AWESOME book :) must read for all..
Lucas Remmerswaal
Good thinking if you are thinking BIG!
Nicholas Piva
What a game-changing book. This book holds the power to transform your mindset and mindsets are your life. The Power of Thinking Big is akin to How to Win Friends and Influence People – these two books are the hallmark of my home library. The foregoing books have the power to change your life and metamorphous you into another being. A person of wild success – you just need to implement a tiny fraction of the perpetual truths that they state.

The lessons in this book are myriad – no wonder how th
On the one hand, this book had some good advice about things like thinking positive, treating people well and setting a good example. On the other hand, the author's misogynistic views on women is prevalent throughout the book and is really a sign of when this book was written (the 1950s). Women cannot be successful business people - they are allowed to work menial jobs or be wives, but nothing more.

I'd like to think that since they are still publishing this book that they would update it every
Manoj Arora
(1) Does success not demand a price? No, each step forward pays you a dividend. You pay a price if you do not pursue your passion.
(2) There is lot of competition at the top? Will that be worthwhile to reach the top? Where is the competition? Competition is all at the bottom.
(3) One must learn from our mentors, watch them, study them but need not worship them, I must leave the doors open to surpass them.
(4) I am going to live until I die. I am not going to get life and death confused.
(5) The thin
Aaron Jones
Chapter 1, pg 13: The author states: "Believe, really believe, you can succeed, and you will" - Although it is true that belief is the cornerstone of religion, and countless wars have been waged in the name of one God or another, I know that belief without action is a fools game. The power of positive thinking is is essential to success, as the author infers... But I hope this book does not become another "if you wish upon a star" tirade.
Chapter 1, pg 15: The author quickly turned my impressions
Not my usual kind of book, and yet being always interested in the mind I do pick up books like this when they cross my path. In helping clear out some old stuff from my parents' house I found a 60's copy of this book and started reading it.

What I find interesting about this book is when one compares it to any of the many current books on "magical thinking". The latter tend to explain the power of thinking in terms of "energy" and these theories are too easily dismissed by a critical mind. Schwa
Wenny Kohongia
My lifetime favorite book is The Magic of Thinking Big.

This book is AMAZING, inspires me every time I feel down, and make me really believe that nothing impossible.
At first, I don't really believe at Dr. Schwartz’s “theory” but after some practices, I know that it’s not just a theory, he is absolutely right.

I’ve got what I want only by dreaming and really believe that i can make it!
Well, work and pray are other issues, at first i just need to believe – really believe – that i can achieve my goal
★1740 Investments★

Millions of people throughout the world have improved their lives using The Magic of Thinking Big. Dr. David J. Schwartz, long regarded as one of the foremost experts on motivation, will help you sell better, manage better, earn more money, and — most important of all — find greater happiness and peace of mind.

The Magic of Thinking Big gives you useful methods, not empty promises. Dr. Schwartz presents a carefully designed program for getting the most out o
  • LIFE
  • Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself
  • Resolved: 13 Resolutions for LIFE
  • Voyage of a Viking
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling
  • How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life
  • Less Is More: An Anthology of Ancient & Modern Voices Raised in Praise of Simplicity
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • Put Your Dream to the Test: 10 Questions That Will Help You See It and Seize It
  • 1913
  • What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
  • The Psychology of Winning
  • The Magic of Believing
  • The Go-Getter (a Story That Tells You How to Be One)
  • See You at the Top
David Joseph Schwartz (March 23, 1927 – December 6, 1987) was an American motivational writer and coach, best known for authoring The Magic of Thinking Big in 1959.

He was a professor at Georgia State University and also began his own work as a self-help coach and life strategist. Later, he founded his own consultancy firm focusing on leadership development called 'Creative Educational Services Inc
More about David J. Schwartz...

“Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.” 75 likes
“The mind is what the mind is fed.” 46 likes