Start by marking “How to Beat The Police Interrogation: Learn Their Dirty Tricks & Tools” as Want to Read:
How to Beat The Police Interrogation: Learn Their Dirty Tricks & Tools

How to Beat The Police Interrogation: Learn Their Dirty Tricks & Tools

Published February 19th 2012

To ask other readers questions about How to Beat The Police Interrogation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Beat The Police Interrogation

Justin
Aug 22, 2014 Justin rated it really liked it
A cop tells all of his dirty tricks of the interrogation room. Not just to get confessions, but how to decide who to focus on and who to let go, when to push, and how. This books is basically a street-level summary of the Reid interrogation method, with no bullshit attached.
David
Jul 16, 2016 David rated it really liked it
A fun read, even if some references date themselves quickly.

It was a bit revealing, and allowed me some insight to an incident from my own past. The officer back then was definitely not very experienced, and this book revealed tips for surviving poorly-trained interrogators. I wish it also included tips on what to do if the interrogator tries to play psychiatrist (especially if they reveal a magnitude of ignorance).

Some minor spelling and punctuation errors aside, I'd encourage this for anyone
Jim Newland
Jun 19, 2016 Jim Newland rated it it was amazing
Poor editing but valuable information and advice

Great advice and a very entertaining read when you understand what the author is saying? Unfortunately, there are a great many cases where you will not simply be unsure what he is saying...no, you will throw your hands up in the air and give up trying. It appears to me that the book was probably dictated by the author and then handed over to a computer for voice-to-print translation, but some of the dictation was too much for the program to handle
Janet
Dec 17, 2014 Janet rated it liked it
A quick and often amusing read about what to expect if you are questioned by police, and how to avoid making it easier for them to put you in jail.

I have no idea how accurate it is, but the lessons make sense. In brief, the rules are: don't talk to police in an interrogation situation beyond providing your name, address, and other basic ID info; ask for your lawyer; remember that the police are allowed to lie; don't trust anyone at the police station, since even people not connected to your case
Kevin W. Davis III
Aug 23, 2016 Kevin W. Davis III rated it it was amazing
Great info. Good stories. Sound advice. I obay the law, to a fault at times... All the more reason i needed this information.

If you are not a breaker of the law... You may need this more than anyone else. I could have fell for many of the tricks they use. And I did not know they could lie and deceive you legally. Well worth the price.
Jeanne
Apr 01, 2016 Jeanne rated it really liked it
Informative

Very well written with a great sense of humor. I wish I had read this year's ago. I remember just these interrogation techniques, and the lies when they were used on me and I was totally innocent. Remember SAY NOTHING, and ask for a lawyer.
Joanna Wertz
Joanna Wertz rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Chris Hunnewell
Chris Hunnewell rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2016
Michael King
Michael King rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
Casey
Casey rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2014
Anil M Vichare
Anil M Vichare rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Lindy
Lindy rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
Tash Robb
Tash Robb rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Mitchell
Mitchell rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Charles Moore
Charles Moore rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2014
Cathy L Donaldson
Cathy L Donaldson rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Cher
Cher rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2014
Jim Newport
Jim Newport rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2016
David W Sewart
David W Sewart rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
George Smith
George Smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
Kim Warren
Kim Warren rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
mary-kay richardson
mary-kay richardson rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Dariel Wicks
Dariel Wicks rated it did not like it
May 15, 2016
Jeff Delezen
Jeff Delezen rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2014
wayne talley
wayne talley rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2016