Start by marking “Be Brilliant Every Day” as Want to Read:
Be Brilliant Every Day

Be Brilliant Every Day

From the authors of the bestselling The Art of Being Brilliant

We all have good days and bad days. Some days we're on form, others we can't really be bothered and feel a little lack lustre. No one enjoys those slump days - so let's do away with them! The wonderful, uplifting and funny authors of the bestselling The Art of Being Brilliant are here to show us how to get mo
Published April 3rd 2014 by Capstone (first published January 1st 2014)

James
Jan 22, 2015 James rated it it was amazing
Wasn't sure what to expect in this audiobook other than the Andy's talking about self help bla bla bla boring, is it over yet. I however found many of the concepts, insights and people categorizations interesting and entertaining. Yes I even picked up a couple more British slang words. (Ok, for a Brit, they are every day words and our US English counter words would be slang to them, fair enough moving on)

Specifically liked the discussion of family, children and spouses. Yes this is a book I woul
Kausar Azam
Aug 30, 2015 Kausar Azam rated it really liked it
At the first few pages and skimming, I liked this book.

By the middle, I was conflicted and averse.

Towards the end, I was in love.

Not a flawless book by any means, but definitely some of the most actionable, useful, and realistically optimistic "self help" advice I've encountered.

I have many favourite quotes from this book, one of them being:

"The book isn't about *what* you want to be. The subliminal question throughout has been, 'what kind of person do you want to be?'"
Lucy G
Aug 24, 2014 Lucy G rated it it was amazing
Another great book from the Andys. A good follow-on from 'The Art of Being Brilliant'. Very very funny and extremely easy to read, I whipped through this book in a couple of days. There is a lot of passion put into the mindset of being brilliant and it's infectious, although it would be great to see a book which has more of an emphasis on the practical action to take. 'The Art of Being Brilliant' very much convinced me of the ethos and I'd like to see a text which is aimed less to newcomers and ...more
Gem
May 19, 2014 Gem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It might be a coincidence but I was much more positive going about my workday today (and it's Monday), and feel that being outwardly cheery made me feel happier inside too. I felt like I was heading into 'mood-hoover' territory before, and this book made me realise how much of a negative effect that must of been having on my colleagues in my office.
I have just given this book to my boss to have a flick through and he seems hooked!
Let's hope that tomorrow will be brilliant too.
Maryam aloumi
'A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.' - Herm Albright
A. Lundberg
Sep 07, 2015 A. Lundberg rated it really liked it
An unusual take on a relatively new and important subject, positive psychology. Very funny and self-deprecating. Can be completely life changing if you're new to this kind of thinking and open to it!
Andre
Aug 16, 2015 Andre rated it did not like it
Way too basic.
Nik
May 03, 2015 Nik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some interesting ideas in a very easily digested format, with a healthy dose of humour!
Romaysaa Yamani
Jul 08, 2015 Romaysaa Yamani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Be patient. Be kind to yourself. And wake up.'
Jesse Lorenz
Nov 11, 2014 Jesse Lorenz rated it it was amazing
Hilariously done. This book had me laughing my bones off(inside my head, atleast).
Diana
Aug 28, 2014 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and was genuinely laughing out loud at times. I've read quite a few of the books form this range by Andy cope and Andy Whittaker. This i think is my favourite, It points you along the way and nudges you along the path until you suddenly realise you are indeed the master of your own happiness you can choose to be miserable an complain or you can look for the best in things and decide that you are going to enjoy them. Happiness isnt just around the corner its here now in ...more
Michelle
Jun 26, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: mind-body-soul
I really enjoyed this book and provided lots of 'food for thought' so to speak. The authors write in such a way that you feel like you're having a conversation with a couple of mates over a few beers down at the local and they draw upon personal and often amusing experiences to reinforce their points. Whilst this is a good way to get their point across, I think sometimes the seriousness of the point might be played down but at least they get their point across. I, have definitely begun to make ...more
Ian Mapp
Jan 14, 2015 Ian Mapp rated it it was ok
Shelves: selfhelp
Very strange book. It's quick to read and written in an ever so slightly non-pc voice, where the author misguidedly thinks he is hilarious.

He's not really, he's like that character out of the fast show who is annoying at parties, wearing wacky ties and cracking inanities.

The way he continually joshes about his co-author - who's purpose is not understood, contributing to a single chapter - is grating.

You would really not want to be stuck in a lift with this man.

There are humorous elements to th
Rod
Jan 27, 2015 Rod rated it it was amazing
The follow-up to the wonderfully simple art of Being Brilliant, Andy Cope, with help from Andy Whittaker (you'll recognize Andy W's contribution by the accent)

More in depth and although a good book to stand alone, it appears to me that it is best suited as a follow-up to the original Art of Brill. Exploring in more depth the factors that make the art of Brilliance philosophy work, reminding the readers of points that may have faded with time and leaving the student of brilliance refreshed and r
Dalila TM
Sep 22, 2015 Dalila TM rated it did not like it
-The first chapters are the typical introduction of "we will talk about that later/in the following chapters, etc" and he never gets to the point.
-Tiring book, messy, pep talk that doesn't add anything
-Typical sentences, repeated sayings, nothing new
-Not feeling more positive or brilliant after reading it
-There are way more better books for a change of attitude toward life. Don't waste your time on this one.
Kathryn West
Apr 27, 2015 Kathryn West rated it really liked it
4 stars is maybe a little high, but for sheer entertainment value, it rates. I got the audiobook which was very funny and uplifting. The authors have done a lot of reading and quote quite a few brilliant people. What they present isn't earth shattering but that's not their intention, they are telling us that we can be brilliant every day if we choose to be, simple really. This is not going to be life changing unless you choose to make it so, that's why it's called 'self' help.
Mar 22, 2016 Laura rated it liked it
Its a self help book (that I got for Christmas - not sure how to feel about that) but actually it was an interesting read. There wasn't any amazing new skills or proposals in the book, but it does make you think as you read it, just about the little things in everyday life. The book takes a humorous view, which made it, at least for me, more readable than I would have thought for a self help book
Alex Reborn
Dec 17, 2014 Alex Reborn rated it it was amazing
This book is brilliant! And I'm not saying that under the influence of its title. Not only did it make me look a bit different upon the world, but it was also a fun read. The authors' style was truly easy to understand and I enjoyed reading it. I'm certainly keeping it around some more, because there are plenty of things to be remembered.
Mimi Webb
Oct 04, 2016 Mimi Webb rated it liked it
This book was no out of this world self help book, but ather a nice conversation with two Andy's. The writing style is very simple, quirky and quick

I quickly read through the first 200 pages appreciating several theories included,.. but the remaining pages were awesome! What a wonderful way to finish that conversation and inspiring me to think positively.
Helen Strand
Jun 30, 2016 Helen Strand rated it it was amazing
The first and possibly last self-help book I'll ever read. I'll just listen to this on an eternal replay loop. It wasn't until I nearly finished book that I realised that I was taking life advice from someone who's surname is "cope " and the other with a surname reminiscent of "sh!t-taker". Brilliant!
Misha
Sep 26, 2014 Misha rated it really liked it
Very engaging funny book that makes you feel good and lifts you up from the doom and gloom you can find yourself on occasion. Recommended for those people who constantly tend to bitch about life and make themselves and the ones surrounding them miserable.
Helen
Oct 06, 2014 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing, best self help one so far. everyone and I mean everyone should read it, it has a bit of everything. I need to get a copy of my own and carry it with me everywhere.
Emma Bailey
Jan 13, 2016 Emma Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some great golden nuggets in this book! Can be used on a daily basis, little anecdotes are very funny & puts life into perspective. Anything is possible
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Bo
Feb 26, 2016 Bo rated it really liked it
A fun and inspiring book with some helpful tips to help live happier and be more positive.
Zaya Bold
May 07, 2016 Zaya Bold rated it really liked it
A book about happiness. Fun feel-good book, a bit messy.
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Rob
Rob rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2014
Adrian Plunkett
Adrian Plunkett rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Cindy Lloyd
Cindy Lloyd rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Become a Key Person of Influence: The 5 Step Sequence to Becoming One of the Most Highly Valued and Highly Paid People in Your Industry
  • The Tao of Abundance: Eight Ancient Principles for Living Abundantly in the 21st Century
  • How to be a Brilliant Thinker: Exercise Your Mind and Find Creative Solutions
  • Neuroscience of Personality: Brain Savvy Insights for All Types of People
  • Youtube: Online Video and Participatory Culture
  • Ninja Innovation: The Ten Killer Strategies of the World's Most Successful Businesses
  • Nine Minutes on Monday: The Quick and Easy Way to Go from Manager to Leader
  • The Jet Sex: Airline Stewardesses and the Making of an American Icon
  • One Nation Under Stress: The Trouble with Stress as an Idea
  • From Barbie to Mortal Kombat: Gender and Computer Games
  • Soft City: A Documentary Exploration of Metropolitan Life
  • Reform Your Inner Mean Girl: 7 Steps to Stop Bullying Yourself and Start Loving Yourself
  • What It Means To Be Human
  • State of Emergency: The Way We Were: Britain, 1970-1974
  • Essays, First Series
  • Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture: Media Education for the 21st Century
  • The Wisdom Paradox: How Your Mind Can Grow Stronger As Your Brain Grows Older