Start by marking “Knit One, Felt Too: Discover the Magic of Knitted Felt with 25 Easy Patterns” as Want to Read:
Knit One, Felt Too: Discover the Magic of Knitted Felt with 25 Easy Patterns

Knit One, Felt Too: Discover the Magic of Knitted Felt with 25 Easy Patterns

Easy enough for beginners and exciting enough to inspire experts, felted knitting offers endless possibilities for creative crafting. The method is simple and magical — knit the project large and loose, wash it in hot water, and see it transformed into a soft and cozy garment or accessory. Kathleen Taylor encourages you to explore the possibilities of felted knitting with ...more
Published November 1st 2003 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Knit One, Felt Too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit One, Felt Too

Anne
Sep 10, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
A good book to start felting with. The projects are attractive & useful, and meet the title's promise of being easy. There's interesting info about the designers as well.
Ruth
Jul 01, 2015 Ruth marked it as to-read
Shelves: knitting-books
Purchased 6/2015. Classic felted mittens (double cuff)
Brandy
Dec 14, 2008 Brandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
I'm using this book for my knitting class. It's full of neat project ideas. I like felting my knitting because it's so much more durable, and it hides all my little mistakes. :) Great book for knitting/felting projects. The directions are for 3-point needles, which I don't use...so a bit of conversion is necessary. I would not have figured the patterns without a guide.
Andrea
Apr 28, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts
This book gives a good introduction into the art of felted knits. It contains a number of projects that can be considered "The usual suspects" for felting, i.e. bags, hats, slippers, plus some extras like pillow cases, a tea cozy, a toy, bottle bag. The projects are well structured, and can be followed easily. This is solid fare, no surprises.
Aquit
I finally realize that I really don't like felting yarn. Don't get me wrong--it's just my preference. I rather just stay to knitting and leave it at that. But for anyone who likes to felt this book do have a couple of good patterns. Just not my taste.
Kelly
Apr 13, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it
I've already knit and felted the classic cloche. Now my mother and sister both want one. The directions were clear and easy to follow. I'm looking forward to trying more patterns from this book.
Kathleen Dixon
Jul 15, 2012 Kathleen Dixon rated it liked it
Shelves: craft
There are some very nice projects in this book, and when I do finally decide I'm going to do some felting, I'll be heading back to the library for this nicely presented book.
Mckinley
Nov 27, 2014 Mckinley rated it it was ok
Looked at for a goof. Some nice patterns and ideas. However, I wont be felting anytime soon (so only 2 stars to remind me not to look up this book again).
Ivy
Jul 13, 2008 Ivy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: knitters
good felting ideas and a great selection of knitting patterns.
Miss Mouse
Jun 30, 2008 Miss Mouse rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-crafty
There are some nice patterns in this book.
Maylin
Dec 18, 2013 Maylin rated it liked it
Good guide for beginners in felting
Judy Desetti
Aug 21, 2011 Judy Desetti added it
Shelves: knitting
Great book to learn to felt.
Kathleen
Jan 06, 2010 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009, knitting
worth a purchase
Catherine
Jan 18, 2013 Catherine rated it liked it
Meh
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
LitaVore
LitaVore marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
C
C rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Carole
Carole rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Kolzow'S
Kolzow'S marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Victor Canfield
Victor Canfield marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Jeanie
Jeanie marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Marilyn H Crout
Marilyn H Crout rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Dommdy
Dommdy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Za
Za is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2016
Dalia Nirenfeld
Dalia Nirenfeld marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Jess Jaime
Jess Jaime rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Debbie Brown
Debbie Brown rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
  • Felted Knits
  • Weekend Knitting: 50 Unique Projects and Ideas
  • The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
  • One Skein
  • The Knitting Experience Book 1: The Knit Stitch, Inspiration & Instruction
  • Scarf Style
  • Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles: A Manual of Elegant Knitting Techniques and Patterns
  • The Knitter's Stash
  • The Knitter's Companion
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters' Guide: Stories, Patterns, Advice, Opinions, Questions, Answers, Jokes, and Pictures
  • The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques
  • The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook: Dyeing, Painting, Spinning, Designing, Knitting
  • Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book
  • Folk Socks: The History & Techniques of Handknitted Footwear
  • The Opinionated Knitter
  • Sensational Knitted Socks
  • A Gathering of Lace
  • Victorian Lace Today
Kathleen Taylor is a freelance knitwear designer and a prolific writer. She is the author of the popular book Knit One, Felt Too, and her knitting designs have appeared in more than 50 different magazines. She lives in Redfield, South Dakota.

Note: There is more than one author on Goodreads with this name. This profile is for Kathleen^Taylor.
More about Kathleen Taylor...