Start by marking “The Rosary Bride: A Cloistered Death” as Want to Read:
The Rosary Bride: A Cloistered Death

The Rosary Bride: A Cloistered Death (Grace Marsden #1)

During the 1940's the women attending Regina College insisted a beautiful young woman wearing a 'fancy dress' haunted the halls near the chapel. Many claimed to see the apparition often entering, sitting, and softly crooning a mournful melody. Stories of the 'Rosary Bride' continue from generation to generation. Fifty years later, during the renovation of the college libra ...more
Published May 1st 2003 by Echelon Press Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Rosary Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rosary Bride

Mae
Oct 26, 2016 Mae rated it liked it
A great short read. Though mysteries are not always hard to figure out it was still a good tale. There was action, love, frustration, pain, all mixed into one. Good read!
Patricia Rockwell
Jul 05, 2010 Patricia Rockwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is primarily a mystery with a hint of "ghost" thrown in for good measure. When a fireplace is dismantled at a college library, Grace Marsden has the misfortune to be there when bones and rosary beads come tumbling out. Who could these bones belong to? Could it be the college's mysterious Rosary Bride? For years, students have reported "seeing" a mysterious figure dressed in white and carrying a rosary roaming the halls of Regina College.

Grace throws herself into unraveling the mystery--alo
Nicole
Jul 11, 2012 Nicole rated it it was ok
As a graduate of the university that this book is based off of, I felt really compelled to read this. I really enjoyed reading about all of the familiar locations on campus and its surrounding neighborhoods, but the story itself was just so-so. Not only were the characters kind of bland, but the book is FULL of typos. Very obvious typos. It got to the point where I became aggravated at how badly edited this book was and it became a distraction.

I enjoyed the mentions of the familiar sites on cam
Betty
May 26, 2011 Betty rated it liked it
I was hooked from the first paragraph and stopped reading only for absolute necessities. I enjoyed the plot and most of the characters. The dueling husband and ex-boyfriend, however, got on my nerves and detracted from the story, but not enough to make me put the book down. I just rolled my eyes and kept reading because the story of the skeleton in the grand fireplace and its connections to skeletons in Grace's family closet was so intriguing.
Gloria
Sep 09, 2015 Gloria rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This was a nice surprise from a local author. Recognizable location, likable characters and an offbeat plot came together quite well. There are some improbable developments in the story along with some unlikely coincidences, but that said, it sailed along nicely with bits of humor interspersed. This is a cozy mystery with a ghost theme.
Teresa
Sep 08, 2009 Teresa rated it it was amazing
This was the first of Luisa Buehler I have read and I loved it. Great plot, interesting characters, and a fun read. It keeps you guessing to the end. I'm adding more of Buehler's books to my "to read" list.
Shannon
Dec 18, 2009 Shannon rated it it was ok
This book was okay for a short read. The plot did develop fine but I didn't like the interspersing of the 'love triangle' portion. It would have been much better developing the characters of the suspect(s) in this case than focusing on the wierdness of the main character.
Maureen
Sep 16, 2007 Maureen rated it liked it
Having gone to school at Rosary, it was interesting reliving the hyphen, the Dominicans, etc. but to you Georgetown graduates, you won't get much from this book
Karen
Dec 09, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Good mystery, held my interest throughout. Didn't leave any questions unanswered.
Amber
Jun 25, 2014 Amber rated it did not like it
I was expecting so much more from this book and I was sadly disappointed. I really thought I was going to enjoy it, but I found it to be kind of boring and difficult to get through.
Nick Anderson
Nick Anderson rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2007
Patti Zywiec
Patti Zywiec rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2010
Denise
Denise rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2010
Fredric
Fredric rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2013
Lady Kovach
Lady Kovach rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
May 06, 2014
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2008
Caron Brennan
Caron Brennan rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Carley Sullivan
Carley Sullivan rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2011
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Sunda
Sunda rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2009
Vicki Gooding
Vicki Gooding rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2016
Marc
Marc rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2008
Gramma
Gramma rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2010
Jules
Jules rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2011
Peggy
Peggy rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Susan Furlong
Susan Furlong rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2011
Rhonda Wunder
Rhonda Wunder rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Chicago suburbs mom, wife, business owner and author. I write the Grace Marsden Mystery series. Grace is an amateur sleuth who is obsessive compulsive--think Monk in a skirt!
The new book in the series, The Lighthouse Keeper: A Beckoning Death" is out."
More about Luisa Buehler...

Grace Marsden (7 books)
  • The Lion Tamer: A Caged Death
  • The Station Master: A Scheduled Death
  • The Scout Master
  • The Lighthouse Keeper: A Beckoning Death (Grace Marsden, #5)
  • The Inn Keeper: An Unregistered Death (Grace Marsden, #6)
  • The Reenactors: A Staged Death