Start by marking “Grieving the Child I Never Knew: A Devotional Companion for Comfort in the Loss of Your Unborn or Newly Born Child” as Want to Read:

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When the anticipation of your child's birth turns into the grief of miscarriage, tubal pregnancy, stillbirth, or early infant death, no words on earth can ease your loss. But there is strength and encouragement in the wisdom of others who have been there and found that God's comfort is real.
Having experienced three miscarriages and the death of an infant son, Kathe Wunnenb
Published June 1st 2010 by Zondervan (first published March 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Grieving the Child I Never Knew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grieving the Child I Never Knew

This is the most helpful book on the topic I've found so far. It's not perfect, but it is amazing. Her personal experiences are varied and tragic enough to make me believe that she understands what I'm going through. Her Christian perspective and Biblical applications are thought-provoking and personable rather than preachy. She is incredibly concise and gives you a lot of time and opportunity to think and write for yourself. This time I just read it straight through, but I want to start right o ...more
Marlene Hekkert
A great resource for anyone who has lost a child through miscarriage. The progression of the readings is right on target for someone who is starting to process their grief and needs a friend to walk them through it. The author becomes a true friend who has been to the depths but also has survived, offering hope and sustenance.
Angel R
This book really helped me learn to grieve over my stillborn son and learn to deal with it and accept it. It shows you that a lot of the feelings you have after having a stillborn child are normal even though you might not think they are. I highly reccomend this book for anyone that is dealing with a stillborn baby.
Rhonda
This book helped me deal with the most difficult thing I have EVER experienced.....a miscarriage. I would recommend this to anyone who has lost a child whether through miscarriage or another circumstance.
Kayla Lightsey
Great devotional book to get you started on the road to recovery after the loss of a pregnancy or new born ! I lost my newborn son one hour after birth and this book helped me work through my grief!
Wannie Michelmann
The early part of the book ministered to me more. later part is more about worshiping God and channeling our energy into evangelising others through our loss. do not feel I am ready yet
Danielle
This book has brought me great comfort latley. It helps me walk thorough my grief gently. I appreciate the questions Kathe poses after each devotional - you can't just answer yes or no.
Dina
For anyone who's gone through a similar experience. I highly recommend this.
Roxanne Dekker
Roxanne Dekker marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Meghan
Meghan is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2015
Heather
Heather is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2015
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Mandy
Mandy is currently reading it
May 26, 2015
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Vanessa Rocha
Vanessa Rocha marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Les
Les marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Katarina
Katarina is currently reading it
May 04, 2015
Katrina Goodman
Katrina Goodman marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Krys Jackson
Krys Jackson marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Angelica Jara
Angelica Jara marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Leanne
Leanne added it
Apr 09, 2015
Chassity
Chassity marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Grieving the Loss of a Loved One: A Devotional of Hope Hopelifter: Creative Ways to Spread Hope When Life Hurts Longing for a Child: Devotions of Hope for Your Journey Through Infertility Grieving the Loss of a Loved One: A Devotional Companion