Start by marking “Live and Learn and Pass It on: People Ages 5 to 95 Share What They've Discovered about Life, Love, and Other Good Stuff” as Want to Read:

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  12 reviews
This inspirational and humorous collection of life-learned lessons proves that wisdom knows no age. From ages 5 to 95, people share what they've discovered about life, love, and other things.
Published October 1st 1991 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Live and Learn and Pass It on, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live and Learn and Pass It on

Emran
کتابی عالی که تجربیات افراد مختلف را نه در قالب پند بلکه در قالب صحبت هایی دوستانه بیان می کند و مخاطب احساس همزاد پنداری با تمام گویند گان جملات این کتاب می کند . من این کتاب را از یکی ازعزیز ترین دوستانم هدیه گرفتم و جمله او را که در آخر آن نوشته می نویسم ، البته لازم به ذکر است این کتاب با نام من آموختم با جلد آبی زیبایی توسط خانم سمیرا رنجبریان ترجمه و توسط نشر میترا چاپ شده است.
دوست عزیرم در اخر این کتاب نوشته بود که من آموختم بالاترین و فو ق العاده ترین احساس در یک رابطه این است که خدت باش
Lesley
A breezy little read. Some of the quotes are pretty clever. A couple of my favorites:

"I've learned there's no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs."

"I've learned that meeting interesting people depends less on where you go and more on who you are."
Erin
What can you not learn from this book?

Ok, there are a katrillion things, but it is seriously wonderful. To be cliche: it makes you laugh, it might make you cry, and it's wonderfully pure and simple.
Tracey
Fun little quips about events people have found important to remember.
Pam
This was a quick hour read but one that has made me think. How would I end the sentence, "I've learned that......"? Some of the quotes from the book reflect my same opinion at different times in my life. I particulary enjoyed reading the quotes from the younger and older people. A six year old noticed that peas spread out over his plate look smaller than when left in a pile. An ninety year old stated that he wasn't sure what the most important thing about living life is.
HeavyReader
Nov 11, 2008 HeavyReader rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who have a few minutes and need other people to suggest how they should live
Shelves: misc
This is one of those little inspirational advice books. I got it for free at the tail end of the Fall '08 Friends of the Library book sale.

It was ok. Some of the advice made me smile, especially the advice from little kids. However, I would never spend money on a book like this.

Maybe I will send it to my mom for Christmas.
Emma (Miss Print)
Jun 01, 2007 Emma (Miss Print) rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: quote collectors
It's a fun little book to flip through. Some of the stuff comes off as cliche, but a lot of it rings true. I even have my own information to add: I have learned that headphones melt if you store them wrapped around your desk lamp.
Sharon
I love to keep this little book around. I like to just open it from time to time and read a few "lessons."
Farzaneh
Feb 18, 2008 Farzaneh rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Farzaneh by: my cousin
So nice ...every body can get some special from it
Saad Khan
How do i download it? On my iphone app?
Faraz
a weird, wrong book. and very akward
Sharon
Fun book to have around.
 Gen
Gen marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Mandie Crago
Mandie Crago marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Jill
Jill added it
Jan 14, 2015
Khomotso Phala
Khomotso Phala marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Lis Lawlor
Lis Lawlor marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Denise Toibes
Denise Toibes marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Abbey
Abbey marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Jessica Murfin
Jessica Murfin marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
  • In Paul Klee's Enchanted Garden
  • Get Thee to a Punnery: An Anthology of Intentional Assaults Upon the English Language
  • Viva la Repartee: Clever Comebacks and Witty Retorts from History's Great Wits and Wordsmiths
  • Aloha Betrayed: Native Hawaiian Resistance to American Colonialism
  • An Outline of Philosophy
  • The Spooky Tail of Prewitt Peacock
  • The Rejection Collection: Cartoons You Never Saw, and Never Will See, in The New Yorker
  • Colonial Latin America
  • Write Better, Speak Better
  • Some Answered Questions
  • Critical Theory Since Plato
  • Whiteout: The CIA,Drugs and the Press
  • 'Isms & 'Ologies: All the Movements, Ideologies and Doctrines That Have Shaped Our World
  • Encyclopedia of Bad Taste
Date of Birth: 1940

H. Jackson Brown, Jr. is an American author best-known for his book Life's Little Instruction Book which was a New York Times bestseller. Before becoming famous as a writer, Brown acted as a creative director of an advertising agency in Nashville, Tennessee. It was simple words of wisdom gathered from other people and his own experiences that made him a best-selling author.

Brown
More about H. Jackson Brown Jr....
Life's Little Instruction Book: 511 Suggestions, Observations, and Reminders on How to Live a Happy and Rewarding Life Complete Lifes Little Instruction Bk Leather Bound إرشادات الحياة القصيرة P.S. I Love You Life's Little Instruction Book, Volume II