Start by marking “Traitor's Kiss” as Want to Read:
Traitor's Kiss

Traitor's Kiss

An English trawler strays into Russian waters. When it returns, the captain has a package to deliver to British intelligence.

For the next four years a high-ranked Russian naval officer, Viktor Archenko, passes valuable information to MI6. Suddenly the flow of information stops. His contacts in London know nothing about him but they know that he's under suspicion. The time
Published April 6th 2006 by The Overlook Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Traitor's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Traitor's Kiss

Ginnz
Dec 02, 2012 Ginnz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Slow, ponderous and when the action was supposed to be kicking in, it still felt slow and ponderous.
What is it with authors killing everyone off at the end. The story had promise but I just didn't get into the story. Ironically the character I disliked the most in the was the one who showed the most growth and became less of a pratt.
Craig
Feb 26, 2010 Craig rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really hard to get into..........seemed a little long winded as in too descriptive at times. Once the characters started to come together I really started to enjoy this book.

Different from what I have read before but by the end I could not put it down!
Barry Bridges
Feb 16, 2017 Barry Bridges rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Seymour has this way of storytelling that starts slow and slowly builds, dragging you in, taking you along, until the final crescendo which leaves you stunned by the reality of the denouement. Beautiful.
Sujeetha
Jul 29, 2011 Sujeetha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the stirring books I have read in recent times. Maybe old-age is catching up to me and I am becoming sentimental but still Seymour has a way of giving blended and blistered edges to his characters. Nobody is described as being larger-than-life, and at the end of the story pragmatism rules. When I was younger, I used to avoid his books like the plague, and his writing style used to give me splitting headaches. Now I am able to appreciate the melancholy in his writing, and the feeli ...more
Kev
Nov 05, 2013 Kev rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reasonable read but took a while to get into. I came close to giving up but in the end I persevered and was rewarded with compelling page turning at the end but still somehow felt disappointed. I never really understood who I was rooting for, there was no clear hero. I am guessing that if you have the time to site down and read more than a few pages at a time then it would have been far more rewarding. Young family and bus job make this difficult for me. I still recommend it though as I usually ...more
Bob
Jan 14, 2013 Bob rated it it was amazing
Complex story. Well developed characters. Fiction/nonfiction/historical/mystery/thriller. The very best stories are ALL of these. Seymour is among the best of the best in the spy/historical fiction space. I made all sort of excuses to not put down this book, and now I miss it. I think there is more truth and insight and wisdom in this sort of work than any other, with the possible exception of the incredible exploration stories such as Endurance and Jo's Anything Worth Doing...
Caroline
Jan 21, 2008 Caroline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spy-espionage
Cold War intrigue can seem a bit "last century" these days, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. I like spy thrillers and this one had enough plot twists and turns and interesting characters to keep me flipping the pages.
Jon
Aug 19, 2013 Jon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I was enthralled most of the way through but found the ending landed far too softly and conveniently. He could've saved himself about 100 pages by cutting out details that I didn't find added to the storyline.
Debbie
Jan 05, 2015 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific thriller, very enjoyable.
Lynette Barfield
I liked this book. This author writes excellent psychological thrillers. All I have read are diferent and hard to put down. I intend to read all of his that I can find.
Thrivi Subramanian
Typical Gerald Seymour stuff

Heroism, the pointless of life, bitterness, melancholy, nostalgia and some hope.
Jim Ballengee
Aug 01, 2010 Jim Ballengee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a real master of the spionage novel
Stuart Chambers
This is the second Gerald Seymour book I have given up on very recently. Long, slow, long winded, if there was a reason to keep reading I didn't find it but it will not put me off this author!
Patricia
Oct 12, 2013 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Gerald Seymour's books - although they are usually depressing.
Andrew Jones
Oct 02, 2009 Andrew Jones rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Got about half way through then gave up. Story took a long time to get started and never had me hooked.

First time I have ever failed to complete a book.
Prejo Sunny
Prejo Sunny rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2014
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2008
Vijay
Vijay rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Dan Seffens
Dan Seffens rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2011
Brian McCusker
Brian McCusker rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2010
Krzysztof Hippe
Krzysztof Hippe rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2014
Sunrise
Sunrise rated it liked it
May 18, 2017
Kit Waal
Kit Waal rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
David
David rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2013
Matsini1
Matsini1 rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Con Mercer
Con Mercer rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Matt Macoboy
Matt Macoboy rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2011
David
David rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Cj Ehrich
Cj Ehrich rated it did not like it
May 29, 2014
Mr craig gordon
Mr craig gordon rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Lure
  • The Eyewitness
  • The Veteran
  • Faith (Bernard Samson, #7)
  • Visibility
  • The 13th Apostle
  • Toll For The Brave
  • The Increment (Matt Browning, #2)
  • The Geneva Trap (Liz Carlyle, #7)
  • Remembrance Day
  • Zero Hour (Nick Stone, #13)
Gerald Seymour (born 25 November 1941 in Guildford, Surrey) is a British writer.

The son of two literary figures, he was educated at Kelly College at Tavistock in Devon and took a BA Hons degree in Modern History at University College London. Initially a journalist, he joined ITN in 1963, covering such topics as the Great Train Robbery, Vietnam, Ireland, the Munich Olympics massacre, Germany's Red
More about Gerald Seymour...