Start by marking “Mistletoe Magic (Copper Mountain Christmas #3, Bar V5 Dude Ranch #2)” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe Magic (Copper Mountain Christmas #3, Bar V5 Dude Ranch #2)

Mistletoe Magic (Copper Mountain Christmas #3)

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  1,528 Ratings  ·  236 Reviews
Spending a quiet Christmas housesitting and reading novels about hot cowboys sounds perfect to Caitlin Butler. Until a stray kitten brings her face-to-face with Noah, her crush from college. Watching the handsome vet in action melts Caitlin's heart and brings back long forgotten emotions. She would be safer back at the house lost in the pages of a book. But a toe-curling ...more
Published November 21st 2013 by Tule Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe Magic

Crystal~BIG book addict~

I was in the mood for a little holiday read.

Caitlin and Noah had dated in college, he was a senior and she was a freshman. He breaks it off with her just before graduation to go to veterinary school and he didn't think a long distance relationship would work out. He always regretted never giving it a shot with her. She was the only woman he could ever see himself being with long term.

Fate played them a good hand when Caitlin shows up at his veterinary clinic with an almost frozen stray kitten
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
This has got to be one of the sweetest little books I have ever read. And just look at the cover. How can you resist?!

"Life takes you to unexpected places. Love brings you home."

Seven years ago Caitlin was a freshman in college and had fallen in love with a senior, Noah. But Noah had his sights set on Vet school and thought he was doing the right thing in ending the relationship before he moved away. He didn't think a long distance relationship would work. But he never forgot Caitlin and alwa
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Extremely fluffy meet-cute short story about a couple that runs into each other again several years after they broke up in college. Add a kitten, and some mistletoe.

No surprises here. No deep thinking. It's okay for a freebie, if you like this kind of story.
♥Rachel♥
Dec 22, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Mistletoe, kisses and second chance romance. *sigh* Such a sweet little story!

"I'm not a kid, but I wish it were already morning."
He laughed. "Me too, but Santa already delivered my presents."
"What?"
Tenderness filled Noah's eyes, a look she could get used to seeing. "You and Mistletoe--and maybe a second chance."

It's free on Amazon!
Jen
Jan 02, 2014 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So cute and just in time for the holidays, Freebie on Amazon.
Brenda
Dec 22, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it
As Caitlin Butler readied herself for her week of relaxing, reading and enjoying the housesitting she was doing for her best friend and her family, she relished the thought of not being in her cramped apartment above the garage with her grumpy landlord for a whole week. Caitlin was a pre-school teacher and her apartment was within easy walking distance to the school, but she’d lived in better accommodation. With the holidays upon them, and Christmas Day the next day, she was all set.

That was unt
Home Is Where the Wine Is Book Blog
5 cute and fuzzy stars!

photo warmfuzzy_zpsa7970dfc.gif

If you need a chapter break during the holidays like most people do. Then this is the perfect book! Such a sweet little read. Well done Melissa!
Bethany
Dec 12, 2013 Bethany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bethany by: ♥Rachel♥’s
Sigh....Mistletoe Magic was a sweet and cute holiday story. I think Catlin had about the best Christmas! She found a baby kitty and reconnected with an old boyfriend. Win, win!! Thanks Rachel for recommending Mistletoe Magic. It was a sweet story.
Sue
Dec 10, 2013 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

In Mistletoe Magic by Melissa McClone, the last person Caitlin expects to ever see again is just who she does see when she rescues a hypothermic kitten and rushes her to the vet. The vet is no other than her college sweetheart Noah...the man she gave her heart to and who devastated her when he decided that he couldn't have a relationship with Caitlin and focus on his career...so it would be best for Caitlin if they broke things off.

Caitlin eventually go over Noah...or so she thought until all th
Dianne
Was it fate? A reward for an act of kindness? Or the magic of the Holiday Season that brought two former college sweethearts back together on Christmas Eve? Mistletoe Magic by Melissa McClone is just sweetly warm enough to melt even the cold heart of the Grinch! Two people, destined to spend another Christmas alone are reunited, all because of a lost little kitten named Mistletoe.

Do you like Holiday Romance novellas? Do you like warm and fuzzy little kittens who need a home and love? If those ar
Melinda Garza
Dec 10, 2013 Melinda Garza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mistletoe Magic is the cutest holiday read. Caitlin, the Patterson housesitter, was more than excited to housesit so she could enjoy the "homey" feel of their home at Christmastime. She then finds a hurt kitten and takes it to the local Vet to try to save its life when she realizes the Vet is an old colege flame. This college boyfriend once broke her heart. As soon as they both realized who the other was, the feelings they both had started to ignite.
When a coworker points out they are standing u
Maria
May 12, 2014 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
When Caitlin Butler rescues a stray kitten from the cold winter of Montana, she does not imagine that the handsome vet is her first love, Noah Sullivan, who dumped her seven years before! Will she be able to resist him? Will the magic of Christmas bring them back together? Perhaps they just need to be under a mistletoe!

This is a very delightful short story, perfect for Christmas. There is snow, Christmas decorations, holiday music and mistletoe, of course! The author created a special atmosphere
Janine
Dec 10, 2013 Janine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very sweet and short Christmas story.

Caitlin Butler is staying at her friend's house while her and her family are out of town for Christmas. She is bringing in the trash can when she sees a tiny lifeless kitten laying in the snow. She quickly brings the kitten to Copper Mountain Animal Hospital trying to save it's life. Little does Caitlin know, the new vet in town is none other then her first love, Noah Sullivan, who broke her heart when he broke up with her seven years ago. He had d
Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
Dec 10, 2013 Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah* rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to get into the holiday spirit!
Recommended to Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah* by: Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Despite being a little lonely, Caitlin has happily resigned herself to spending Christmas alone while housesitting for her friends. But when she finds a tiny stray kitten out in the cold, she rushes it to the nearest vet clinic and comes face to face with her first love who broke her heart-veterinarian Noah Sullivan.

This was a very short, sweet tale to brighten up your Christmas! It was super adorable and absolutely the perfect read for the holiday season! :)
Shannon Peterson
What A wonderful sweet and short Christmas read! If your an Animal lover you will love this story! It's such a cute story about Caitlin who is house sitting for some friends on Christmas when she finds a kitten frozen outside and rushes it to the vet. When she gets there she finds out the vet is an old flame that still burns pretty hot!
Nancy Kelley
Dec 10, 2013 Nancy Kelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm an easy sell when it comes to Christmas themed romance. Add a cat to the mix, and it's pretty much an autobuy.

However, a romance short story is hard to pull off without resorting to the dreaded insta-love. McClone avoids that trap handily by giving Caitlin and Noah backstory. They dated in college and then broke up; this Christmas Eve is the first time they've seen each other in seven years.

This story had everything a nice Christmas short story should have: holiday music, cookies, Christmas
Denise Stout
Caitlin's spending Christmas vacation housesitting for friends with only books to keep her company until she finds a kitten in the snow. Noah's a veterinarian working the holiday and thinking mistletoe is not an appropriate decoration in the office.

In walks a woman asking for help, the voice sounds familiar--it couldn't be--a voice from the past. Caitlin and Noah come face-to-face after years apart. Fate steps in to help these former loves find happiness with help from an infirmed cat. As the n
Anna Marie
Dec 30, 2013 Anna Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A *VERY* short e-book for the holidays... so short that page one is 4% of the book! But it's cute.

They met in college. He had big dreams of the big city and a big-time veterinarian practice with specializations, and told her that it was bad timing. She'd been hurt, but moved on with her small town goals. Then came the day she found a kitten half frozen in the snow, hurried it to the vet... and bumped into him, doing his residency in her little town. No such thing as accidents - it was a second c
Kimberly
Dec 10, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a sweet short story.....this 9000 word story combined 2 of my favorite things, kittens and Christmas! I was in love with it before I even started reading it for the cover alone.

Mistletoe Magic is a delightful addition to the Copper Mountain Christmas Collection. I loved Melissa McClone's Home for Christmas too.

Mistletoe Magic is a reunion story, which is one of my favorites. This story is about Caitlin who is looking forward to house sitting for her friends and curling up to read the late
Donna
Dec 10, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wouldn't it be great if we all had that second chance with our first love. Hey it might not work out but the magic of Christmas and the joy of seeing them and add to that the soft, cuddly, cuteness and heart wrenching adorableness of a helpless kitten with just a touch of a mistletoe, you have the makings of the best Christmas present EVER! Very cute story line, strong and well defined. Cast of characters are so right for this story, I was even drooling over our hero. VERY cute and touching ...more
Jean
Caitlin is house sitting for friends over Christmas when she finds a kitten freezing in the snow. She takes the kitten to the vet to try and save it, and it turns out the vet, Noah, is her 'one that got away'. They dated their freshman year in college and then never saw each other again. What were the odds they would both end up in small town Marietta?
This is a sweet short story about second chances. I loved both Caitlin and Noah and their obvious love for animals. I highly recommend reading thi
Christyn
Cute, sweet and short Mistletoe Magic will leave you feeling light and happy. It's a perfect lunch break pick-me-up with a holiday, and second chance theme (along with animals - mustn't forget the kitten that brought them together again). We get both Caitlin and Noah's perspectives (and enough background) that despite it's short length we can still like and understand them. My only complaint is it was over too soon! This could've been a full story but I think it also works well as a novella. A ...more
Rosemary K
Dec 10, 2013 Rosemary K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caitlin Butler, a pre-school teacher, is spending Christmas alone, but a stray kitten changes those plans. She finds a kitten outside in the cold. Caitlin rushes him to the Copper Mountain Animal Hospital. Here she sees her first love, Noah Sullivan, the new veterinarian. They share a kiss under the mistletoe. Will it lead to a second chance at love? Melissa McClone has written a novella that makes you happy. A perfect story to refresh your spirit. I loved to visit Marietta Montana.
Valerie
Dec 10, 2013 Valerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Planning on a quiet Christmas alone Caitlin goes out to bring the trashcan in and finds a kitten. Rushing to the vet's office she runs straight into her past. Her college crush come straight to Marietta. What will happen over this Christmas Eve? Will it be merry and bright?

Melissa McClone delivers with this short story. A definite recommend to help get you into the Christmas mood.
Emily
This is a very short story (under 30 pages), but it is very cute & really captures the holiday spirit (a vet, a preschool teacher & a kitten wrapped in a Christmas story- could it really get any cuter?). For the length the story was very well done, my only wish was that it would have been longer because I thought the story had potential for a lot more development.
Elisabeth
Dec 10, 2013 Elisabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mistletoe Magic by Melissa McClone is a delightful sweet story written in an easy to read flow. It captures you from the first page.
Such a sweet great short story with a lot of Christmas magic.It's situated in the fictional town of Marietta in Montana and I'm enjoying all the lovely stories from this fictional town.
Short but great.
Mary
Apr 03, 2014 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this as a recommendation from a new GR friend...I probably would have never seen or read it otherwise. When I saw how short it was I immediately downloaded and read it before bed. Mistletoe Magic was such a sweet story even with it being so short. I felt Melissa McClone gives more than enough background on Caitlin and Noah to understand them, and love them. I loved Noah and Caitlin!
Shari
Dec 10, 2013 Shari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet short story of a little Christmas magic. A kitten nearly frozen, found outside brings Caitlin to the new vet in town, Noah, her college sweetheart. Can he bring her under the mistletoe in the office. A wonderful story packed into a short read. Highly recommend. I received ARC for an honest review.
Tiffany
Dec 10, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very short and sweet story. The couple new each other from college and manage to find each other with a little help from Mistletoe. The only thing that could have made this story better was if it was a full length story. But in all I really liked it.
Sincere

2.warm-hearted story

thing I dont like
2. This is too short :3
Bargain Basement: Mistletoe Magie: Free Short Romance 1 15 Dec 03, 2013 09:10AM
  • A Cowboy For Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas #1; The Scott Brothers of Montana #1)
  • Christmas at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain Christmas, #4; Taming of the Sheenans, #1)
  • A White Hot Christmas
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
  • The Christmas Honeymoon  (Holiday Luv, #1)
  • Kissing Santa
  • Love Me, Cowboy: The Copper Mountain Rodeo Anthology (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #1-4)
  • Montana Darling (Big Sky Mavericks, #3)
  • Second Chance Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway #2)
  • She's the One (Island Bliss, #2)
  • A Family for Christmas
  • The Christmas Ball
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Her Mistletoe Cowboy (The Wildflower Ranch #2; A Marietta Christmas #3)
  • Home for Christmas
  • Beauty and the Cowboy (Big Marietta Fair #1)
  • Marry Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #2)
  • Perfect (Love Series, #1)
292027
I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, two daughters, son, dog and too many cats! I write "sweeter" contemporary romance novels for Harlequin and Tule Publishing.
More about Melissa McClone...

Copper Mountain Christmas (5 books)
  • Home For Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas #2; Bar V5 Dude Ranch #1)
  • Her Christmas Cowboy (The Scott Brothers of Montana Book 5)

“Life takes you to unexpected places. Love brings you home.” 6 likes