Start by marking “Deception” as Want to Read:
Deception

Deception

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Twins are supposed to have an unbreakable bond, but Patti and Jamie have serious relationship issues. They haven't spoken since Jamie ruined Patti's upcoming nuptials years ago. When a niece she knows nothing about telephones, Patti must unravel the yarn of Jamie's life and her mysterious disappearance.Detective Carter Caldwell takes his job seriously, and it's his job to ...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Harbourlight Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Anna Weaver
Took me a while to get into the story, but I loved the ending, so to me, it was worth it. The “identical twin masquerading as her sister” concept was interesting to watch unfold. The suspense was tight and the story was solid.
Nike Chillemi
Patti Jakowski’s life is super boring, until she gets a phone call from a terrified four-year-old claiming to be her niece. Although Patti feels for the little girl, she believes the claim is preposterous. She hasn’t seen her twin sister in years, but even so, she feels that if she had a niece she would’ve known about it. So, the child must be mistaken. The author’s skill comes through at the outset, as this phone call between Patti and the frightened child is both tender and heartwarming, but a ...more
Marianne
i love reading about twins...they have a close bond that most of us have never experienced. Jamie and Patti are identical twins, which makes them even more unique. From the very first scene where a phone call introduces an unheard of niece to Patti - right to the epilogue, Lillian drew me into the novel of suspense and intrigue. The imagery she uses as Patti slips into heart stopping situations puts the reader right there.
Patti is a strong individual (and sad to say, I can see myself in this ch
Heidi
A mysterious phone call from a little girl sends Patti Jakowski packing and on a flight out of town. Soon after, with the help of a friendly cop, Patti sets out to find her missing twin sister. A dangerous game of deception ensues.

Deception truly is the perfect title for this fast-paced romantic suspense novel written by Lillian Duncan and published by Harbourlight Books. A quick read, it was hard to put the book down.

Lillian did a good job of describing the scenes, and there were several sett
Sharon
This book is easy to read in a few hours. It is a well written Suspense with a hint of Romance woven in, too. I really liked the poem Patti found in her twin sister's journal titled "The Master Gardener."
SirenBookReviews
This is a suspenseful and sweet story that I couldn't put down. I'm always drawn to a book that involves twins, especially if one is in trouble. Deception didn't disappoint. Right from the get go I was drawn into the plot. Patti makes for a strong heroine. She has to face her past, and also find her sister.

Lillian Duncan is an author to watch. She spins tales of mystery and drama with characters that you can relate to. They are believable and bring the pages to life with the dialogue and action
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Mary Lou
Mary Lou marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Jacquie Lewin
Jacquie Lewin marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
diana burns
diana burns marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Stephanie D
Stephanie D marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
June Austin
June Austin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Kristen Mayfield
Kristen Mayfield marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Missie
Missie marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Natalia Sulca
Natalia Sulca marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Charity U
Charity U marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Lillian Duncan
Sep 29, 2012 Lillian Duncan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Pursued Geese Mate For Life The Christmas Stalking (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza) Until Death Do Us Part Betrayed