Start by marking “Designed To Die (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Designed To Die (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #2)

Designed To Die (Dallas O'Connor Mysteries #2)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Savvy Texan fashion stylist Dallas O'Connor is back on location and tracking a killer who's turning a big-budget photo shoot from fashionable...to fatal.
Published July 1st 2002 by Kensington (first published July 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Designed To Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Designed To Die

Front Page Fatality by LynDee WalkerKiller Hair by Ellen ByerrumRaiders of the Lost Corset by Ellen ByerrumDesigner Dirty Laundry by Diane VallereDesigner Knockoff by Ellen Byerrum
Fashionable Mysteries
24th out of 35 books — 24 voters
Blue Coyote Motel by Dianne HarmanThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingNumber 13 by M.G. WellsAnnika by Alison Blake
Beach Reads 2012
57th out of 222 books — 168 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathryn
Dallas O'Connor has designs on a high-profile assignment in Seattle in her second outing, Designed to Die. Designing eye-catching sets for a photo shoot featuring the latest wear by highbrow label Tobin Charles, Dallas makes friends quickly and enjoys her work. Her zeal is short-lived, however, with the suspicious death of one of the models -- a one-car accident which may or may not have been meant for one of Tobin Charles's founders.

Despite the pall cast on the set, the show must go on, and Dal
Laura Salas
Bonnie
I usually don't read mysteries like this, which are set in current times in America. I thought this one might be funny, which is wasn't. It was well written, though there was a lot of designing jargon to get through. Way too many descriptions of what everyone was wearing every day. The action was pretty good, with just the right amount of clues.
Babs
Feb 06, 2015 Babs rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mystery lover
Recommended to Babs by: Ati
This is the first book I have read by this author and I loved it. I read this in one day as I wanted to see what all Dallas was going to do. The characters are all so unique and funny. This book was hysterical and I wanted more. I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
Bookwormbelle
A great second entry to the Dallas O'Connor series. After getting over the events in the first book, Dallas finds herself in Washington State on a catalog shoot with things that keep going wrong and a new mystery that begins with a dead model.
MB (What she read)
Re-read 6/4/10

Another reread 10/8/14: Writing chops improved in this book. Still love the fashion styling parts the best.
Nancy S
I liked this book so much I will be looking for more of this series!
Vicky Beltz
Vicky Beltz marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Jen
Jen added it
Jun 13, 2015
Aditi Verma
Aditi Verma marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Lori Scott
Lori Scott marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Megan Scott
Megan Scott marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Tammy Odom
Tammy Odom marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Dominique Cossu
Dominique Cossu marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Morgan Culver
Morgan Culver marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Corris
Corris marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Hema Penmetsa
Hema Penmetsa marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Cati Shott
Cati Shott marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Suzanne Frank is a newspaper and magazine journalist who has traveled extensively in Egypt, Greece, and Israel. A native of Texas, she lives in Dallas. She has written 4 novels under her own name and a short series of light mysteries under the name Chloe Green, which feature a fashionable sleuth named Dallas O'Connor. Her four novels are a linked series of time-travel fantasy that take a woman fr ...more
More about Chloe Green...

Dallas O'Connor Mysteries (3 books)
  • Going Out In Style (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #1)
  • Fashion Victim (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #3)
Going Out In Style (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #1) Fashion Victim (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #3) Going Out In Style (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #1)