Start by marking “O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook” as Want to Read:
O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook

O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook

Who wouldn't love to put fantastic food on the table--extraordinary pleasures for everyday eating; delicious treats that can be prepared in record time; comfort food that brings family and friends together; luxurious meals that cost barely more than fast food; divine dishes perfect for guests or just for quiet nights at home? Now you can have all that and more with this ...more
Published April 29th 2008 by Hachette Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook

Kellea
Apr 03, 2012 Kellea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
One of my most recent library book finds is The Oprah Winfrey Magazine Cookbook. Where do I begin? First, it's Oprah so we shouldn't expect anything less than great. Second, while the recipes are gourmet, they are not so much so that regular folks like you or I couldn't make them. Third, it's a very colorful cookbook with fantastic photos on each page, just like I like them. For someone like me, cookbooks are like children't picture books and The Oprah Winfrey Magazine Cookbook will appeal to ...more
Jessica
Jul 13, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
Recommends it for: cookbook "readers"
Shelves: cooking-food
I like Oprah and her magazine, but it often seems like a lot of the food featured in her magazine is very gourmet and complicated. I really like "reading" cookbooks, even if I don't think I'll be able to replicate the recipes, but I did find a few recipes from this one that I'll try out. It does have beautiful pictures, which is VERY important in a cookbook, and there is a section in the back about which of the dishes are quick, which would work the best paired together, etc.
Jamie
Feb 03, 2011 Jamie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
One of the only cookbooks I have gotten from the library and thought "I should just buy this cookbook." I've got almost every page marked as one that I need to copy for a later date (and it's convenient that they're all online so I don't have to actually *write* each recipe down. Haven't cooked any of them yet, though. It actually makes me think I should subscribe to the magazine, but since all the recipes are online, I don't think that's really necessary.
Christina
Aug 07, 2008 Christina rated it it was amazing
I get O Magazine and I love the recipes, so when I saw this book I had to buy it! There are a ton of full page, color photos and there is an index in the back that organizes the recipes by categories such as Healthy Choices and Dishes to Impress Guests. I have yet to actually try the recipes, but I will update my review when I do.
Marsha
May 14, 2010 Marsha rated it liked it
A beautiful cookbook to look at but not especially inspiring to use. Given the magazine's audience and Oprah's emphasis on health, I found it disappointing for lack of nutritional information including calories per serving for each recipe.
Megan
Jul 07, 2008 Megan rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
I'm a little dissapointed with this one because there are so many recipes I love from the magazine and only a few in the book that I'm willing to try.

I made the LEMON CHICKEN SCALLOPINI and it was Amazing! I will add this to my list of all time favorite recipes.
Bethany Lockhart
Aug 02, 2011 Bethany Lockhart rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
I haven't cooked a single thing out of this book. But I have stared at every incredible photograph again and again. The pictures of these dishes are truly amazing. That makes this one a keeper.
 Barb Bailey
Sep 01, 2008 Barb Bailey rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, 2008
I got a few new recipes out of this cookbook. Unfortunately the first one I tried I would not make again. Hopefully the others I copies will be better. The book was nicely done with good visuals.
Anonymous
Jul 11, 2012 Anonymous rated it did not like it
Found 3 recipes from 175 that interested me: Crostini with Wild Mushrooms & Mozzarella, Spaghetti al Limone (lemon) and Soy Cream Cheese frosting.
Melissa
Jun 02, 2010 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Another book that I'm using only for mini food inspiration, not for cooking, but the recipes all sound delicious, and the photography is wonderful!
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Yvonne Crawford
Yvonne Crawford rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Jaime
Jaime rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2012
elizabeth
elizabeth rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Charese
Charese rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Kim Plato
Kim Plato rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Kaye
Kaye rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2008
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
May 13, 2013
Elle
Elle rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2010
Ibtisam
Ibtisam rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Kathy Smith
Kathy Smith rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2011
Jake Akawayne
Jake Akawayne rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2010
Catherine Kimm
Catherine Kimm rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2011
Athena
Athena rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Gail
Gail rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2008
Richelle
Richelle rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
brenda  belg parlaman
brenda belg parlaman rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2014