Start by marking “Out of the Ashes (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #13)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Ashes (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #13)

Out of the Ashes (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #13)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Tom Clancy's Op-Center is back with this new thriller written by the New York Times bestselling authors of Tom Clancy's ACT OF VALOR and featuring a chilling, ripped-from-the-headlines scenario.

Before 9/11 America was protected by a covert force known as the National Crisis Management Center. Commonly known as Op-Center, this silent, secret mantel guarded the American peop
Published May 20th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Ashes

Shane Amazon
It is clear from the very get-go that this book is simply a rehash of what had once made Tom Clancy the best military writer ever. Back in the day there was once a book called Sum of All Fears. It was a simple story of a man bent on setting Russia and the US against each other in a nuclear conflict. There were key parts of that book, and movie, that I will list here. There is a scene in the movie (Sum of All Fears) that showed the President and his staff in a nuclear war drill, a scene where an ...more
Chris
Even though this book is written by 2 different authors, it was created by Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik and it reads much like a traditional Clancy novel we are used to picking up. Op-Center is the newest series in this military action, suspense filled story where the authors pull the story from the headlines and create a decent read.

One of the things I noticed is that while Clancy had innate ability to tell and craft interesting in depth characters, the characters that the authors created in
Tom Donaghey
TOM CLANCY’S OP CENTER: OUT OF THE ASHES, written by Dick Couch and George Galdorisi is too long a title and too long a book. There could have been 100 to 200 pages edited away from this manuscript and the story would not have been harmed. The seemingly endless discussions about reopening Op Center appear to drag the narrative like an anchor to a boat.
I also felt the rush to war against Syria was not to be believed. I realize this is but a reflection of the Bush White Hose but even then there
Lindsey Silvestrini
I just finished The Kraken Project read by Scott Sowers so I was happy to see his familiar name on the newest Tom Clancy Op-Center: Out of the Ashes.

We begin with the horrible beating of a couple from the Middle East leaving the wife in a coma and the husband in a rage. Clancy makes you feel compassion and sympathy for this couple and what they go through simply because of their race. But then what happens next will leave you feeling sick and enraged.

Instead of seeking revenge on just the men re
Maureen
Jean Poulos
The original “Op-Center” by Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik ended in 2005. Tom Clancy died in 2013. I see that the “Op-Center” has been brought back to life by authors Dick Couch and George Galdorisi, but still under the Tom Clancy copyright. In this story a new President Wyatt Midkiff decided to reactivate Op-Center after a devastating attack to NFL stadiums while games were in progress. Chase Williams, a four star Navy Admiral is appointed to head the new center. After the center is up and runn ...more
Heath Henwood
Tom Clancy’s Op-Center: Out of the Ashes
By Dick Couch, George Galdorisi, Steve Piecznik
While I have loved the Tom Clancy books, particularly his early works. This book however carries his name, but was not written by him, in fact published well after Clancy’s death.
The story follows an attack on four football stadiums in America which causes the president to reinstate the Op-Centre to hunt down terrorist. The book rapidly introduces new characters and floats around a predictable plot.
There are a
Vaughan
Dialogue is written for outsiders, not how people actually talk. The action was mild, and the plot took turns in the last 1/3 weren't compelling and kind of defeated the whole purpose of an Op Center...
Kevin Long
Very weak writing. I read half and returned it. Dialog is about as wooden as it gets.
Charles
I hope the author kept his day job
Anne
I read the entire series in the past and enjoyed it quite a bit. It stopped in 2005. Now this new book came out 9 years later.

It has all new characters pretty much. We only see a glimpse of a main character but otherwise we don't get any info about the people from the rest of the series.

There are lots of details and people and I don't really care about any of them. I ended up skimming at the end, last few chapters as it just wasn't all that exciting.
Belinda Brooks-davis
Good finish

Good finish

Beginning to almost midway this one was so dry and stilted, I almost put it down several times. I'm so glad that I stuck it out though. The last half of the book brought it to a jaw clenching edge of my seat finish that left me conceding for more.
Doug
Dick Couch & George Galdorisi have done a great job of bringing Tom Clancy's Op-Center back. The book is one that you will want to continue reading. The best part was that you are left with is that there will be more books. Hopefully that will happen soon.
Melva
Wish the author had been Clancy himself. Not up to his standard and would have been better off if I hadn't went into it with that in mind. It was a good read but had hoped for better.
PWRL
May 20, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
O
Brad
2.5 stars.

I was not too impressed. Felt really disjointed.

Not anywhere close to what Clancy used to write.
Katarina
DNF

I haven't read any Tom Clancy but had heard great things. I tried to read this, but I just couldn't get much past the 50 pages.
Ryan Hillis
The all new op -center book! A top notch thriller
James
James is currently reading it
Dec 25, 2014
Billy Dean
Billy Dean marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
John Davies
John Davies marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Dec 14, 2014
  • Full Force and Effect (Jack Ryan, #10)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • The Missing (Tom Clancy's Endwar, #3)
  • Changing of the Guard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #8)
  • Zero Six Bravo: The Explosive True Story of How 60 Special Forces Survived Against an Iraqi Army of 100,000
  • Command Authority (Jack Ryan, #9)
  • EndWar (Tom Clancy's Endwar, #1)
  • Sting of the Drone
  • Honor and Betrayal: The Untold Story of the Navy SEALs Who Captured the "Butcher of Fallujah"--and the Shameful Ordeal They Later Endured
  • Conviction (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #5)
  • The Last Israelis
Mr. Couch graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1967. He graduated from BUD/S training in Class 45 in 1969. He was a case officer for the CIA.
More about Dick Couch...
The Warrior Elite: The Forging of SEAL Class 228 Tom Clancy Presents: Act of Valor Chosen Soldier: The Making of a Special Forces Warrior The Finishing School: Earning the Navy SEAL Trident Down Range: Navy Seals in the War on Terrorism

“To be a leader, you must first be a team player, and you must care for the men you lead.” 0 likes