Start by marking “Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids: Practical Ways to Create a Calm and Happy Home” as Want to Read:
Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids: Practical Ways to Create a Calm and Happy Home

Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids: Practical Ways to Create a Calm and Happy Home

Internationally respected and recognized educator Naomi Drew offers the first proven action plan for conflict resolution by parents at home. The strategies in "Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids" are based on the revolutionary program Drew developed for the classroom. She uses concrete situations, hands-on examples and testimonials from real mothers and fathers to guide paren ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids

Brandie
I started this book with great hope. The beginning spoke to me, but then the book just felt too long, too complicated, too many things I was supposed to remember in the long run and too many things in there.

I appreciated the sections on learning to be in the moment, accepting things as they are, and I love how it had that note of positive parenting and not necessarily doing the same old.

However, this wasn't the book for me. It didn't speak to my heart the way other books have.

That said, pick it
Claudia
Oct 17, 2012 Claudia rated it really liked it
Shelves: mind-opening, writing
As someone who didn't have the greatest of conflict resolution training as a child, this book was a wonderful reminder that healthy family systems are accessible at any time. Provides 17 keys to peaceful parenting, tips for raising emotionally intelligent kids, and easy steps for taking on conflict resolution - particularly between siblings and dealing with sibling rivalry - which was not a strong point in our home growing up. Good home resource.
Faye
Mar 23, 2009 Faye rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be super helpful, but it was geared for people with children that were all 5 and above mostly. It had lots of great tips in it. I would love to do a book group on this book so that it will help me to learn from others and keep me on target with it. It has a great daily lesson plan almost in the back to share with the kids and to work on with your spouse.
Apr 01, 2008 Laura rated it it was amazing
I'm constantly reading this book. It's one of the most useful and applicable parenting books I have read. Full of relevant insights and realistic ideas for developing a more peaceful family life.
Damore
Mar 02, 2012 Damore rated it it was ok
Waaaay too self-helpy and preachy for me. Some good reminders in there, but overall, this is a book I could have passed on.
Jeremy
Aug 29, 2008 Jeremy rated it it was ok
I'm not going to finish this book. I find the examples lame and the general style of writing nauseating. sorry.
Ximena
Ximena rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2009
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2011
Chelsea Nash
Chelsea Nash rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2008
Mandy anderson
Mandy anderson rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2010
Anne Dillon
Anne Dillon rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Meghal
Meghal rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2009
Alpha
Alpha rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2008
Laura rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2010
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
May 16, 2013
Gracia Mahfoud
Gracia Mahfoud rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2008
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Jen Caughron
Jen Caughron rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2016
Jennifer L
Jennifer L rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2012
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2009
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2008
Aurelie
Aurelie rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2011
Camille
Camille rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2008
Diem Dangers
Diem Dangers rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2015
Paul Gourhan
Paul Gourhan rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015