Start by marking “Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids: Practical Ways to Create a Calm and Happy Home” as Want to Read:
Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids: Practical Ways to Create a Calm and Happy Home

Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids: Practical Ways to Create a Calm and Happy Home

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Internationally respected and recognized educator Naomi Drew offers the first proven action plan for conflict resolution by parents at home. The strategies in "Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids" are based on the revolutionary program Drew developed for the classroom. She uses concrete situations, hands-on examples and testimonials from real mothers and fathers to guide paren ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids

Brandie
I started this book with great hope. The beginning spoke to me, but then the book just felt too long, too complicated, too many things I was supposed to remember in the long run and too many things in there.

I appreciated the sections on learning to be in the moment, accepting things as they are, and I love how it had that note of positive parenting and not necessarily doing the same old.

However, this wasn't the book for me. It didn't speak to my heart the way other books have.

That said, pick it
Claudia
As someone who didn't have the greatest of conflict resolution training as a child, this book was a wonderful reminder that healthy family systems are accessible at any time. Provides 17 keys to peaceful parenting, tips for raising emotionally intelligent kids, and easy steps for taking on conflict resolution - particularly between siblings and dealing with sibling rivalry - which was not a strong point in our home growing up. Good home resource.
Faye
I found this book to be super helpful, but it was geared for people with children that were all 5 and above mostly. It had lots of great tips in it. I would love to do a book group on this book so that it will help me to learn from others and keep me on target with it. It has a great daily lesson plan almost in the back to share with the kids and to work on with your spouse.
I'm constantly reading this book. It's one of the most useful and applicable parenting books I have read. Full of relevant insights and realistic ideas for developing a more peaceful family life.
Damore
Waaaay too self-helpy and preachy for me. Some good reminders in there, but overall, this is a book I could have passed on.
Jeremy
I'm not going to finish this book. I find the examples lame and the general style of writing nauseating. sorry.
Lindsey Hosford
Lindsey Hosford marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Guera Herrera
Guera Herrera marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Dianna Caley
Dianna Caley marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Frankie Saucier
Frankie Saucier marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Christi Fredricks
Christi Fredricks marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Chelsey Williams
Chelsey Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Genevieve
Genevieve marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Suzannah Shogren
Suzannah Shogren marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Nicole
Nicole is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2014
Tracey
Tracey added it
Apr 18, 2014
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Kerry
Kerry added it
Mar 15, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Kids' Guide to Working Out Conflicts: How to Keep Cool, Stay Safe, and Get Along No Kidding About Bullying: 125 Ready-to-Use Activities to Help Kids Manage Anger, Resolve Conflicts, Build Empathy, and Get Along Learning the Skills of Peacemaking: A K-6 Activity Guide to Resolving Conflicts, Communicating, & Cooperating The Peaceful Classroom in Action: A K-6 Activity Guide on How to Create One and How to Keep It! Hope And Healing: Peaceful Parenting in an Uncertain World