Start by marking “River Rising” as Want to Read:
River Rising

River Rising

Ellie Coleman wants justice.

Her father Aaron was viciously assaulted by Robert Lee Maggard six months earlier, and she is obsessed with making sure that Maggard pays, and pays dearly.

Robert Lee Maggard wants revenge.

He meant to kill Aaron Coleman, but came up short. And now Aaron's daughter is pushing his trial forward, a trial that he thought he'd avoided with a plea barg
Published January 14th 2012

To ask other readers questions about River Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River Rising

Dana ****Reads Alot****
Not a book i normally would pick but after a chapter i was hooked. Definately glad i gave this a chance. I thought it would be full of violence but only mildly so. One dangerous pyschopath seeking revenge on an employer who he thought in his mind wronged him.this was also a story of a father and daughter coming together again after a brutal attack against her father.
Kimberly
Mar 09, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kimberly by: Bookrooster
This book has a tremendous amount of potential. While the suspense begins to build from the first page, I felt it fell flat about halfway through. Maggard was a strong villain, believable and fairly fleshed out, though I would have enjoyed more focus on his psychology and less on descriptions of trees and buildings and rivers and boats. That goes double for our two protagonists. Aaron was an interesting character, and I feel much more could have been done to bring his story alive emotionally. I ...more
Faye Heath
Jun 14, 2012 Faye Heath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, so much so that I finished it in two quick sittings. Despite some rather dismal editing in the process of creating the eBook (read it on Kindle) the storyline is gripping, may I even add nail-biting, fun. I was whipping through those pages as fast as my little finger could tap the screen.

Is it Literature with a capital L? Nope. Is it entertaining? Yes. Does it get your heart pounding? Oh hell yeah. This would be the perfect audio book for a road trip and I really hope
Cassandra Hemesath
Jun 08, 2013 Cassandra Hemesath rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
About halfway through, this book lost me. Up until then, I thought it was superb. It just fell on its face and I couldn't hold interest any longer.

I felt things became bogged down with too much detail, and detail described instead of shown. There is potential to this story, it just needs some work and development to keep my interest.
Ellayne Elias
Sep 16, 2012 Ellayne Elias rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A real page turner. I couldn't put it down. Some editing issues (I read it on Kindle), but I'm learning to ignore these as they are quite frequent, especially with Kindle bargain books. This was a terrific read.
Richard Ross
Apr 22, 2013 Richard Ross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've truly enjoyed this book. It's got excitement and drama from beginning to end. The suspenseful ending was a bit surprising, but thoroughly satisfying. I'll be looking for more books by this author.
Kathy Worrell  ツ
Jun 21, 2016 Kathy Worrell ツ rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
I expected the story to be a little more scarier and intense than it actually was presented in the synopsis. I probably wouldn't recommend it to my friends or family.
Melody
Feb 14, 2012 Melody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story has potential. However, the dialogue felt awkward and the story seemed a bit underdeveloped.
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie, 09/13/12.
Theresa
Jul 15, 2012 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kept my interest, loved it
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Jackie Shuman
Jackie Shuman rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Cath White
Cath White marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Donna Allen
Donna Allen marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Autumn Brown
Autumn Brown marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Alice Yoder
Alice Yoder marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Cubabi
Cubabi rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Knottynana
Knottynana rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Mike Pentico
Mike Pentico marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
⚜Chalmation⚜
⚜Chalmation⚜ marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 04, 2016
Heather Siino
Heather Siino rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Making Connections: 587. RIVER RISING by Kevin Kearney 1 14 Oct 05, 2012 03:37PM
  • Two Shots
  • Death by Facebook
  • The Crimson-Eyed Dragon
  • The Delilah Complex (Butterfield Institute, #2)
  • The Weight of Glass
  • Trial and Terror
  • Secrets, Lies, & Love
  • What Tangled Webs
  • North Slope
  • Drowning
  • Murder Over Easy
  • The Pineville Heist
  • The Blood Puzzle (Redemption, #3)
  • Price of a Bounty
  • Listen to the Shadows
  • Deadly Road
  • Silent Kills
  • Latitude 38
Kevin Kearney is an award winning writer living in Santa Cruz, California. He studied at the University of Iowa Writers Workshop.
More about Kevin Kearney...