Start by marking “River Rising” as Want to Read:
River Rising

River Rising

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Ellie Coleman wants justice.

Her father Aaron was viciously assaulted by Robert Lee Maggard six months earlier, and she is obsessed with making sure that Maggard pays, and pays dearly.

Robert Lee Maggard wants revenge.

He meant to kill Aaron Coleman, but came up short. And now Aaron's daughter is pushing his trial forward, a trial that he thought he'd avoided with a plea barg
Published January 14th 2012

To ask other readers questions about River Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River Rising

Dana ****Reads Alot****
Not a book i normally would pick but after a chapter i was hooked. Definately glad i gave this a chance. I thought it would be full of violence but only mildly so. One dangerous pyschopath seeking revenge on an employer who he thought in his mind wronged him.this was also a story of a father and daughter coming together again after a brutal attack against her father.
Kimberly
Mar 09, 2015 Kimberly rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kimberly by: Bookrooster
This book has a tremendous amount of potential. While the suspense begins to build from the first page, I felt it fell flat about halfway through. Maggard was a strong villain, believable and fairly fleshed out, though I would have enjoyed more focus on his psychology and less on descriptions of trees and buildings and rivers and boats. That goes double for our two protagonists. Aaron was an interesting character, and I feel much more could have been done to bring his story alive emotionally. I ...more
Kathy Worrell  ツ
I expected the story to be a little more scarier and intense than it actually was presented in the synopsis. I probably wouldn't recommend it to my friends or family.
Faye Heath
I really enjoyed this book, so much so that I finished it in two quick sittings. Despite some rather dismal editing in the process of creating the eBook (read it on Kindle) the storyline is gripping, may I even add nail-biting, fun. I was whipping through those pages as fast as my little finger could tap the screen.

Is it Literature with a capital L? Nope. Is it entertaining? Yes. Does it get your heart pounding? Oh hell yeah. This would be the perfect audio book for a road trip and I really hope
Cassandra Hemesath
About halfway through, this book lost me. Up until then, I thought it was superb. It just fell on its face and I couldn't hold interest any longer.

I felt things became bogged down with too much detail, and detail described instead of shown. There is potential to this story, it just needs some work and development to keep my interest.
Ellayne Elias
A real page turner. I couldn't put it down. Some editing issues (I read it on Kindle), but I'm learning to ignore these as they are quite frequent, especially with Kindle bargain books. This was a terrific read.
Richard Ross
I've truly enjoyed this book. It's got excitement and drama from beginning to end. The suspenseful ending was a bit surprising, but thoroughly satisfying. I'll be looking for more books by this author.
Melody
Story has potential. However, the dialogue felt awkward and the story seemed a bit underdeveloped.
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie, 09/13/12.
Theresa
kept my interest, loved it
Juanna
Juanna marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Cindy Feldhiser
Cindy Feldhiser marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Sarita
Sarita marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Rachel Helwig
Rachel Helwig marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Laura Protheroe
Laura Protheroe marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Angela Johnson
Angela Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Glenda Taylor
Glenda Taylor marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Jennifer Lynn
Jennifer Lynn marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Btutner
Btutner marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Victoria Pendergrass
Victoria Pendergrass marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Ann Agostini
Ann Agostini marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Shannon Velazquez
Shannon Velazquez marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Making Connections: 587. RIVER RISING by Kevin Kearney 1 14 Oct 05, 2012 03:37PM
  • Two Shots
  • Disappear
  • The Reluctant (Crayder Chronicles #1)
  • Two Graves: A Kesle City Homicide Novel
  • North Slope
  • Drowning
  • Mindbenders
  • The Weight of Glass
Kevin Kearney is an award winning writer living in Santa Cruz, California. He studied at the University of Iowa Writers Workshop.
More about Kevin Kearney...
Cold Cash - ABNA 2013 Entry