Start by marking “River Rising” as Want to Read:
River Rising

River Rising

Ellie Coleman wants justice.

Her father Aaron was viciously assaulted by Robert Lee Maggard six months earlier, and she is obsessed with making sure that Maggard pays, and pays dearly.

Robert Lee Maggard wants revenge.

He meant to kill Aaron Coleman, but came up short. And now Aaron's daughter is pushing his trial forward, a trial that he thought he'd avoided with a plea barg
Published January 14th 2012

To ask other readers questions about River Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River Rising

Kimberly
Mar 09, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kimberly by: Bookrooster
This book has a tremendous amount of potential. While the suspense begins to build from the first page, I felt it fell flat about halfway through. Maggard was a strong villain, believable and fairly fleshed out, though I would have enjoyed more focus on his psychology and less on descriptions of trees and buildings and rivers and boats. That goes double for our two protagonists. Aaron was an interesting character, and I feel much more could have been done to bring his story alive emotionally. I ...more
Faye Heath
May 21, 2014 Faye Heath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, so much so that I finished it in two quick sittings. Despite some rather dismal editing in the process of creating the eBook (read it on Kindle) the storyline is gripping, may I even add nail-biting, fun. I was whipping through those pages as fast as my little finger could tap the screen.

Is it Literature with a capital L? Nope. Is it entertaining? Yes. Does it get your heart pounding? Oh hell yeah. This would be the perfect audio book for a road trip and I really hope
Dana ****Reads Alot****
Not a book i normally would pick but after a chapter i was hooked. Definately glad i gave this a chance. I thought it would be full of violence but only mildly so. One dangerous pyschopath seeking revenge on an employer who he thought in his mind wronged him.this was also a story of a father and daughter coming together again after a brutal attack against her father.
Cassandra Hemesath
Jun 08, 2013 Cassandra Hemesath rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
About halfway through, this book lost me. Up until then, I thought it was superb. It just fell on its face and I couldn't hold interest any longer.

I felt things became bogged down with too much detail, and detail described instead of shown. There is potential to this story, it just needs some work and development to keep my interest.
Ellayne Elias
Sep 16, 2012 Ellayne Elias rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A real page turner. I couldn't put it down. Some editing issues (I read it on Kindle), but I'm learning to ignore these as they are quite frequent, especially with Kindle bargain books. This was a terrific read.
Richard Ross
Apr 22, 2013 Richard Ross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've truly enjoyed this book. It's got excitement and drama from beginning to end. The suspenseful ending was a bit surprising, but thoroughly satisfying. I'll be looking for more books by this author.
Melody
May 21, 2014 Melody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story has potential. However, the dialogue felt awkward and the story seemed a bit underdeveloped.
Kathy Worrell  ツ
Jun 21, 2016 Kathy Worrell ツ rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
I expected the story to be a little more scarier and intense than it actually was presented in the synopsis. I probably wouldn't recommend it to my friends or family.
Kristina Franken
Kristina Franken rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2012
Corinne
Corinne rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Randall Tamerius
Randall Tamerius rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Benita
Benita rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2012
Lisa Radloff
Lisa Radloff rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2012
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2012
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2012
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
A William Brown
A William Brown rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2016
Arleen Brown
Arleen Brown rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2015
Shanna Glaspey
Shanna Glaspey rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Heather Siino
Heather Siino rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Robin Stapelfeld
Robin Stapelfeld rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Theresa
Jul 15, 2012 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kept my interest, loved it
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Jean
Jean rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Pamela Pipkin
Pamela Pipkin rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Dave Savage
Dave Savage rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Making Connections: 587. RIVER RISING by Kevin Kearney 1 14 Oct 05, 2012 03:37PM
  • Two Shots
  • Death by Facebook
  • The Crimson-Eyed Dragon
  • The Delilah Complex (Butterfield Institute, #2)
  • The Weight of Glass
  • Trial and Terror
  • Secrets, Lies, & Love
  • What Tangled Webs
  • North Slope
  • Drowning
  • Murder Over Easy
  • The Pineville Heist
  • The Blood Puzzle (Redemption, #3)
  • Price of a Bounty
  • Listen to the Shadows
  • Deadly Road
  • Silent Kills
  • Latitude 38
Kevin Kearney is an award winning writer living in Santa Cruz, California. He studied at the University of Iowa Writers Workshop.
More about Kevin Kearney...