Start by marking “Blue Christmas Balls: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Novella” as Want to Read:
Blue Christmas Balls: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Novella

Blue Christmas Balls: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Novella

Published November 16th 2013 by Notting Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Blue Christmas Balls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Christmas Balls

Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
Twenty Seven year old Matt is a virgin. Determined to get it over and done with and lose his virginity, he gives himself a date to have the deed done and dusted by, this Christmas.

We are firstly introduced to Matt as he tells us about his disastrous love life and failed sexual activities. We then follow him on his journey of sexual findings which for Matt only ends up in continuous disasters.

I like Nick Spalding, I've enjoyed his previous work, but Blue Christmas Balls is advertised as a laugh o
Gayle
Nov 21, 2014 Gayle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Crass, predictable & disappointing. 2nd by this author I've read & the repeat phrases & stock character traits are immediately apparent. Won't bother reading a 3rd
John Handy
Dec 02, 2016 John Handy rated it it was ok
Maybe worth 3 stars, fun read.

I feel I may have been slightly harsh here with my review score (maybe 5.5/10), it does provide a few good laughs, in fact it is very funny in sections, but I found that you could tell the ending from a mile away and it seemed to try and tack on some unneeded sentimentality at the very end.
Kerry Frith
Nov 18, 2013 Kerry Frith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Merry Christmas!!

I saw this was a short story and was skeptical because I'm not a short story reader. However, it's by Nick Spalding and it's about Christmas so I had to!

One mans mission to lose his virginity before Christmas. Being a Nick Spalding novella it was bound to be funny and not end how you'd imagine. It never disappointed either. This had me laughing my head off. The friction burn willy made me laugh the most. I love this man's ability to write with such whit and humor and I actuall
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Dec 23, 2013 Kelly Willcoxbrackeen rated it it was amazing
Funny,cute, and a little crude

I have to admit I really liked this book. It was totally unique. I can't compare it to anything else I ever read. It is a good example of the old saying, " You want to hear God laugh? Tell him your plans!" So many funny characters with funny hang ups. Some of the humor was crude but that didn't stop me from laughing. Make sure you exercise your stomach muscles a lot before reading this because you'll be laughing a lot. I definitely recommend people buy this book bec
Lorraine Sears
Nov 25, 2013 Lorraine Sears rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nick Spalding does it again with another hilarious tale. This time a short story about one man's attempt the do away with his virginity before the Christmas festivities commence.

This book details each one of his embarassing endeavours to sow his seed in cringing detail so you don't know if your eyes are watering in pain, or they're tears of laughter. After the second disaster you might suspect how things will end up, although this takes nothing away from your enjoyment as the book reaches its ..
Stacey
Feb 22, 2015 Stacey rated it did not like it
I've read a few books by this author. The first one I read had me laughing out loud in public. Since then it's been steadily downhill with this short story being the worse. The stories are all too similar with crass characters who somehow manage to get themselves into ridiculous scenario after ridiculous scenario. Not only was this not a laugh out loud funny book it didn't even make me crack a smile at any point.
Thankfully I read this with my kindle unlimited subscription. If I had paid $2.99 f
Michelle Read
Jan 03, 2015 Michelle Read rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious is all I can say. I couldn't put it down so it was just as well it was a novella and didn't keep me up all night. Poor Matt, you really feel for him and grow to love him. I didn't hesitate in downloading the next instalment as I was desperate to see how it ended. I love all of Nick's books as he writes with such humour and honesty and it's so down to earth, you feel as if you really know the people he is writing about.
Samantha Tonge
Apr 03, 2014 Samantha Tonge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read with a naughty side, bound to put a smile on your face. Poor Matt does his best to lose his virginity before his 27th Christmas and it is a laugh-a-minute journey to finding out whether he achieves this. Along the way he meets a diverse list of women, him becoming ever more desperate. An easy-to-read story.
Thegirlintheafternoon
Read for the Popsugar Reading Challenge - a book based entirely on its cover

Some cute bits, but on the whole, it felt a little try-hard - like another reviewer said, like someone's idea of a funny book rather than a book that was actually funny. I don't regret reading it, but I won't be seeking out any of the author's other books, either. 2/5 stars.
Martina
The novella was quite funny at times, but remarkably different if compared to spalding's other books, which are usually a lot funnier and more enjoyable. Might also be for my lack of sympathy for the main character!
Nicola Jamieson
Dec 12, 2015 Nicola Jamieson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was pretty disappointed with this one and glad it was such a short read. It filled in some time before a flight at least. I thoroughly enjoyed Bricking It & Fat Chance but this just didn't live up to expectations :(
Becca F
Dec 26, 2013 Becca F rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had me laughing a lot. It's about Matt Bunion, self confessed nerd who has made a pact with himself to lose his virginity before Xmas.

This follows his last fortnight and the exploits he gets up to in order to succeed.

A very quick, funny read by Nick again.
Ally Sell
Apr 24, 2015 Ally Sell rated it liked it
Silly

This was simply a short humorous novella. It was enough to keep me entertained for a brief period of time.
claire driscoll
Dec 26, 2015 claire driscoll rated it really liked it
A short, laugh out loud story which I thoroughly enjoyed. Will make even the dullest of personalities laugh out loud and entice you to read more from the author.
Jane Polzin
Aug 23, 2016 Jane Polzin rated it it was ok
Short

This is rather short and not the best.I have read more of his story's.This is the shortest story I have read in quite a while.
Sonja Rhody
Feb 03, 2016 Sonja Rhody rated it really liked it
Laugh Out Loud Funny

Quick read and so funny that I laughed until my sides ached! Although the subject matter in the novella is a Tracey and humorous, it ends on a cute note!
Pauline Ashley
Apr 03, 2016 Pauline Ashley rated it really liked it
Very funny quick read

Laugh out loud silliness, I didn't quite get all the nerdy references but didn't make the book any less enjoyable.
Ilaria
Aug 25, 2015 Ilaria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Mini Recensione: http://airalsbooks.altervista.org/tri...

letto per la 2015 Book Challenge
BillieJean Kelsey
Dec 27, 2015 BillieJean Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Fun

It was fun to read this story. It progresses humorously and the prose flows smoothly. The length was perfect. I'd recommend the book to someone looking for a light read.
Tracey
Dec 28, 2013 Tracey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've really liked Nick's other works, but this one didn't do it for me. It was alright, but if you're looking for a funny, quirky read, check out his other works. Like Love and Sleepless Nights.
Karen
Apr 08, 2016 Karen rated it did not like it
I have read 4 books by the same author and loved them, really LOL stuff but this was a let down for me. Too over the top for me although I did find some parts funny.
Julie Watkins
Nov 07, 2014 Julie Watkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. It's funny rude and Christmassy what's not to like! Brilliant. Will be reading more of his work
Elisabeth Hall
Elisabeth Hall rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Jenny Staples
Jenny Staples rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2015
Fiona
Fiona rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Alison Dvornicich
Alison Dvornicich rated it did not like it
Apr 15, 2016
Ravinder Kettenis
Ravinder Kettenis rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
  • Saving Grace (Beyond Time, #3)
  • The Baby Trap
  • Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)
  • K is for Knifeball: An Alphabet of Terrible Advice
  • While I'm Still Myself
  • The Invasion
  • The Advice Girl (Dalara, #1)
  • The Divine Secrets of the Whoopie Pie Sisters 2 (Whoopie Pie Sisters #2)
  • Circle of Light (Light, #3)
  • I Loved You First
  • The Facebook Diet: 50 Funny Signs of Facebook Addiction and Ways to Unplug with a Digital Detox
  • The Little Things
  • No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday
  • Sigrun's Secret
  • The Christmas List
  • 21st Century Dodos: A Collection of Endangered Objects: and Other Stuff
  • The Customer Is Not Always Right: Hilarious and Horrific Tales of Customers Gone Wrong
  • Now and Forever
Nick Spalding is an author who, try as he might, can't seem to write anything serious.

Before becoming a full-time author, he worked in the communications industry, mainly in media and marketing. As talking rubbish for a living can get tiresome (for anyone other than a politician), he thought he'd have a crack at writing comedy fiction - with a very agreeable level of success so far, it has to be s
More about Nick Spalding...

“Clasping your erect penis so hard it turns the head an alarming shade of red, and taking a selfie of it with your iPhone can't be all that attractive to the women on FishInTheSea.com” 0 likes