Start by marking “Virtual Justice (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #7)” as Want to Read:
Virtual Justice (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #7)

Virtual Justice (Lorne Simpkins #7)

P.I. Lorne Warner is back in Virtual Justice, the seventh installment in the Justice series.

The strangled body of a gorgeous woman draws Lorne into an intricate investigation that swiftly expands when a second beautiful innocent is murdered. Victims are being plucked from internet dating sites. A serial killer is on the loose. But when a third victim is discovered—this one
Published January 3rd 2014 (first published November 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Virtual Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virtual Justice

Jun 08, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Seventh in the Lorne Simpkins series, Virtual Justice is yet another gripping read.

In Virtual Justice Lorne is asked to investigate the disappearance of a woman. A pattern soon emerges between murder victims and internet dating sites.

The author as usual takes us through a fast paced and gripping ride with one twist that I certainly did not see coming.

I loved the mother/daughter bonding going on between Lorne and Charlie. Having read all seven books in the series it's been nice to see Charlie gro
Joseph - Relax And Read Reviews
If I could give it 10 stars I would !

I have just finished reading Virtual Justice and I'm already missing Lorne. I read all the Justice series and I really loved this fantastic character with all her trials and tribulations in which she had to show her courage, perseverance and determination to solve the various personal problems and the often gruesome crime cases coming her way.

Virtual Justice is absolutely the best novel in the Justice Series. This indicates that the author's ever superb writi
Vicki - I Love Reading
Feb 10, 2014 Vicki - I Love Reading rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
This has become one of those series of book's where i just can not wait for the next one.
Each one has just gotten better and better, and i know i have said it before but i didn't think it could get better.
I just seemed to have found myself really liking the characters, and constantly wanting to know more about them, the story in this one, was gripping, i read this over 2 nights as i just needed to know what was happening. But i can honestly say I was shocked when i realised who it was...........
Linda Prather
Feb 10, 2014 Linda Prather rated it it was amazing
Lorne and her husband, Tony, who run a small PI business are contacted by the sister of woman who has been missing for several days. Lorne, with the help of her former DI partner, Katy, start an investigation when the woman is discovered murdered the next day. Another body appears and their investigation leads them to an internet dating site. The case becomes confused when the victims turn from female to male. Two killers? A bi-sexual? With an on-line shopping center of lonely people seeking ...more
Sibel Hodge
Feb 10, 2014 Sibel Hodge rated it it was amazing
Contacted by the sister of a missing girl, Lorne is quickly plunged into an investigation where the killer seems to be choosing his victims through internet dating sites. But not everything is as it seems, and Lorne discovers that she's not just dealing with one serial killer but two. Adding to the complication, Lorne is still dealing with the death of her father and trying to get help for her sister, Jade, who's not coping well.

I've enjoyed all the books in this series and they just keep getti
Euphonos
Feb 10, 2014 Euphonos rated it it was amazing
I haven't had the chance to read the series but I must say, the book is impressive. The characters are portrayed so well and there lies a strong substance to get a grip of the problems encountered and the most dark corners of the unseen world. Thoroughly thrilling piece of work and a good read.
Craig Gillan
Nov 16, 2016 Craig Gillan rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic justice book
Ethan McKenzie
Feb 10, 2014 Ethan McKenzie rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-fiction
Are you ready for another thrilling ride of justice?

Disclaimer : I was given a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

There is this quote that I saw while reading this book that really made me think that this author really has a way to describe the characters. Here it is , "However, it makes no odds to me if you go in there or not. However, what does matter to me is that I get my sister back. I don't want to keep walking on eggshells around you. None of us do." This quote tells me that Lor
Lynda Kelly
Apr 23, 2015 Lynda Kelly rated it liked it
When I reviewed the last one of this series I said it was the least favourite for me but this one is worse. I read it all and quickly (as they're getting shorter as well) but she has definitely changed her style and not for the good, sadly. There are a couple more to come and I love the characters and know them now so I'll probably stick with it but it's a real shame to see them so rushed and changed.
One of the victim's sister was maybe one of the vaguest characters ever....she knew nothing abou
Debbie Saraceni
Feb 10, 2014 Debbie Saraceni rated it it was amazing
Lorne and her husband Tony run a small PI business and were hired by a woman to investigate her missing sister. Lorne is helped with this investigation by her former partner Katy and they find the missing woman murdered. As the investigation moves forward they learn that there is some connection to an internet dating site. Before long it's not just women that are being murdered but men as well. Lorne is not sure how this adds to the investigation. Is it one killer or now are there two involved? ...more
Damian Stevenson
Feb 10, 2014 Damian Stevenson rated it it was amazing
Author M A Comley is rapidly becoming my favorite Kindle author, especially for the thriller genre. I recently read 'Sole Intention' and loved it so was excited to download this book. From the first chapter on - which plays out effectively as a compelling teaser before the main feature - I was completely hooked into this dark, juicy story about the hunt for a serial killer preying on gullible lonely women he meets on Internet dating sites. The writing is fantastic and strikes that perfect ...more
Tom Elder
Feb 10, 2014 Tom Elder rated it it was amazing
Mel Comley. 7th in series
Virtual Justice
The problem with this series of books is that 5 stars is not enough praise for the justice books.
The story on this book is gripping as always, with Lorne's father now dead her daughter Charlie is working extra hours at the sanctuary. Lorne gets a phone call regarding a missing lady and this starts a whole new investigation.
This book will have you gripped from early on and as the murders get more and more frequent you will love the workings of Lorne. And as
Tara Lyons
Sep 05, 2015 Tara Lyons rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed Virtual Justice - especially as I found it had a new take on the series.

As a reader, i felt like I was more privy to the killers - their actions, conversations and feelings. That was really interesting, it was like two parallel stories running alongside each other. Lorne and Katy frantically searching for answers, while the readers are let in on the "behind-the-scenes" actions of the killers... Not all of course, and M.A Comley writes with great suspense.

Another superb addition
Oct 03, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
A woman approaches Lorne to ask for help in finding her twin sister who is missing. It soon transpires that the woman has been murdered. Lorne tags along onto the police investigation to look for the murderer. Soon there is another victim and both have been users of Internet dating sites but the confusion comes because the second victim is a man which causes Lorne and the team to surmise that the murderer is actually a pair of murderers.

Lorne and her family are still recovering from the death of
Mary
Feb 10, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
This is book #7 in the Justice series and I am still just as excited reading these books as I was from the very first. So much has changed in Lorne's life since that first book, but Comley keeps the stories fresh and exciting, keeping the reader captivated from the very first pages to the very last paragraph. This time there is a predator on the internet, preying on people looking for love on line. Lorne is on top of her game, as always, with the help of husband Tony, Katy and some other ...more
Marti
Mar 19, 2014 Marti rated it really liked it
P.I. Lorne Warner is the main character here. She has a teenage daughter who helps get dogs ready to go to new homes. There is one really great dog that she doesn't really want to go for special training. Lorne's new husband has an artificial leg and lets an infection get really bad, so he ends up having to be in the hospital. I had problems getting onto goodreads today, so I have forgotten some of the criminal aspects. Morris persuades his new girl friend to kill a stranger, but the second time ...more
Desley (Cat fosterer)
Jun 26, 2014 Desley (Cat fosterer) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This series just keeps getting stronger.

I really enjoyed this, a good twist on serial killers, although slightly scary. And of course, quite a bit of focus on the dogs, which I really like. It was nice to have Carol's involvement too, I like her character.

Very good twist at the end, which I sort of saw.

Looking forward to the next one.
Chris Troy
Aug 28, 2015 Chris Troy rated it it was amazing
Book 7 of the Justice Series, once again another good book. I have found this series intriguing with the difference of how the British go about the way the solve crimes, the idea that they are not allowed to arm themselves, finds this American stupefied. Mel really knows how to catch the readers interest and make this book impossible to put down until the end.
Lammi Hearne-Sirman
Jan 01, 2016 Lammi Hearne-Sirman rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to hear about the lovely M A Comley's work through a book club and couldn't wait to start her Justice series. I was not disappointed. This is the seventh book in the series and they just get better and better. The character development is ever present; i feel like Lorne and co. are good friends already! Im hooked and can't wait for the next one!
Bob Ely
Dec 10, 2015 Bob Ely rated it really liked it
This was another good book by this author. I really enjoy reading some of the English novels as I can identify with some of the places they are talking about. The book weaves different stories together while solving murders. As with most of her books, the reader is not sure who the killer is. I liked this book.
Marlene Taylor
Aug 26, 2016 Marlene Taylor rated it it was amazing
Have only discovered these books and have had a lovely time reading all about Lorne, Tony and Charlie plus the other characters. Had to force myself to keep awake as I wanted to find out how the baddies were beaten by the good guys.
Natasha du Plessis
Mar 06, 2016 Natasha du Plessis rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star read by Mel Comley. Loved the storyline. It seems that Charlie is finally growing up. Love the relationship that Lorne and Tony has so much better than Lorne's relationship with her ex. Looking forward to the next book
David
Nov 18, 2015 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
As with rest of series it is a good pacy read. It is a bit far fetched in that I don't think the police would allow a civilian (albeit an ex DI) to be so close to the action. Even so for me an enjoyable read.
Beth
Jan 10, 2016 Beth rated it it was amazing
A police procedural (with a bit of psychic thrown in) solving a series of murder mysteries. The killer is choosing from various dating web sites. The twists and turns and the ending are a large surprise.
Rob
Feb 10, 2014 Rob rated it it was amazing
Everything about this story is superb. l loved the abrupt ending. The characters are truly believable as is the plot. Highly recommended.
Marilyn Lawrence
Apr 23, 2016 Marilyn Lawrence rated it really liked it
Review of. "Virtual Justice"

Another interesting fast action read by this author. Dropping the unnecessary dialogue between characters has helped the content a lot.
Jed
Aug 22, 2014 Jed rated it it was amazing
I'm really enjoying this series and this book was no exception. The story grabbed my attention and kept me turning the pages to the very end.
Katy
Katy rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2014
James W Lochner
James W Lochner rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Dolores Ayotte
Dolores Ayotte rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
UK Book Club: New Release- Virtual Justice - M A Comley 26/10/13 1 5 Oct 26, 2013 09:43AM
  • Pray for the Dying
  • Stop Dead (DI Geraldine Steel, #5)
  • Trapped
  • Operation Eagle Strike (Navy SEAL Grant Stevens - Book 11)
  • Defiled, featuring John Tall Wolf (Ron Ketchum Mystery, #2)
  • Ghost Sub: The Complete Novel (Danny Jabo #2; Ghost Sub #1-4)
  • Playing with Fire (Jessica Daniel, #5)
  • Lady 52 (A Jack Daniels/Nicholas Colt Novel)
  • The Eye of Shiva (The Project, #8)
  • Earth Has Been Found
  • Two Days in Caracas (Titus Ray Thriller #2)
  • Ruthless (Annie Carter #5)
  • Irretrievably Broken (Sasha McCandless, #3)
  • Hit (Codename: Chandler, #0.1)
  • Devil in the Detail (Scott Cullen Mysteries 2)
  • The Proteus Cure
  • Tipping Point
New York times, USA Today, Amazon Top 20 bestselling author, iBooks top 5 bestselling and #2 bestselling author on Barnes and Noble. I am a British author who moved to France in 2002, and that's when I turned my hobby into a career. I'm fortunate to be represented by a top New York agent.

I share my home with two crazy dogs that like nothing better than to drag their masterful leader (that's me) ar
More about M.A. Comley...

Lorne Simpkins (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Blind Justice: A Lorne Simpkins Justice novella (prequel to Cruel Justice) (Justice Series)
  • Cruel Justice (Lorne Simpkins, #1)
  • Impeding Justice  (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #2)
  • Final Justice  (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #3)
  • Foul Justice (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #4)
  • Merry Widow
  • Guaranteed Justice (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #5)
  • Ultimate Justice (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #6)
  • Hostile Justice (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #8)
  • Tortured Justice (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #9)