Start by marking “The Losers, Vol. 5: Endgame” as Want to Read:
The Losers, Vol. 5: Endgame

The Losers, Vol. 5: Endgame (The Losers #5)

The seemingly unstoppable C.I.A. mastermind Max is about to play his final hand, and he's sitting on a whole pile of aces. With a brand-new country under his feet and a nuclear arsenal within his reach, Max is going all in—and the stakes are nothing less than the global balance of power itself.

As all the other players are folding, though, the Losers are still holding their
Published September 27th 2006 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about The Losers, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Losers, Vol. 5

Tays
Aug 13, 2015 Tays rated it really liked it
In a way, the rating I'm putting up here would be for the whole series. Like what I previously stated on the review I did for the last volume, this title has grown on me. The characters were all interesting in their own ways and well they were written brilliantly. The growth and depth they all have individually was well polished and every bit decent. One more thing about these characters, well technically, they're not righteous pricks or exemplar champions of heroics, they are afterall The Loser ...more
Lauri
Feb 11, 2015 Lauri rated it it was ok
Losersi viimseks köiteks on mul lõplikult kopp ees kildurebivatest õilsatest ex-eriüksuslastest, jaburast jaburama süžee käänakutest ja pöörakutest, maailma uskumatuimast verejanulisest araablasest nais(!)rambost ja eriti Kaiser Soze'st nimega Max kes on kogu asja taga aga kellest keegi vähimatki ei tea. Muinasjutt, ja kehvakene selline, aga sealjuures stiilselt teostatud. Mulle meeldisid Jocki räpakad lohakad jooned ja pruuni ja määrdunud moega värvigamma, ja ega ka külaliskunstnikel viga polnu ...more
Mike
May 28, 2011 Mike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-and-read
What do you say to the end of a series that always knew that it had a finite end, and write itself exactly where it needed to go?

Loved it.

Can't believe I forgot entirely where this story was headed since the last time I read it. This is pretty much the poetic finale to the story that always needed to come out of where it started.

I really can't believe someone like Diggle exists - more paranoid and insightful than me, with one of the sharpest writer's pens I've ever read, and a wicked sense of hu
Joseph
Dec 19, 2007 Joseph rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Losers
What a letdown. Up until the end, this was a basically solid series -- not necessarily great, but an easy, fun read.

And then the villain creates an island fortress in the middle of the Persian Gulf. It's not improbably that he has (or rather, they have) a hairless kitty and a death ray.

It's a shame, too, because Max could have been a somewhat interesting character. I liked the revelation that he was actually a pair of twins, and I like the idea of a rogue agent who takes his mission more serious
Mike Jensen
Mar 04, 2015 Mike Jensen rated it really liked it
This final LOOSERS collection is a fitting ending to a superior series.
Vikas Khair
Feb 21, 2014 Vikas Khair rated it it was amazing
Endgame for sure .. all the mysteries are resolved and sacrifices are made. What an awesome Story .. now I would finish watching the movie too. This has been a wonderful read. Never miss.
Sergejs Timonins
Jan 04, 2015 Sergejs Timonins rated it liked it
Somehow I wasn't that satisfied with the ending as I hoped to be.
Jamil
May 16, 2007 Jamil rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
so, i'm not sure why, but this series just sorta wasn't my thing. i kind of sped through the last two volumes today (gotta know how the story ends - i'm a completist that way). but yeah, just not to my taste, the overall story i guess. the final page though was killer. almost makes reading the whole series worth it, just to get that line.

oh yeah, and jock's cover design work is aces. so if you're into that, just flip through the books and look at the covers he did for the individual issues. pret
Caroline
May 05, 2010 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
While this whole series was very well done, I personally didn't care for the direction of the final volume. It went in a grandiose, Bond-villainy direction and the large-scale conspiracy plots sort of overwhelmed the smaller touches of characterization that I'd enjoyed so much in the previous couple volumes. It still ends well if not, for me, particularly satisfyingly. I don't know if the creators were rushed to finish off the book or if this is really the way they wanted to wrap up.
Alan
Apr 11, 2010 Alan rated it liked it
With the movie opening in 2 weeks i decided to burn thru the five TPBs that had been loaned to me. While Max's plan, well part of it, seems a bit too outrageous I can sum the series up as a good solid action read. In the final volume, yes the good guys win, sort of. But we again get double crosses, and betrayals, and again if you're planning to see the movie I refuse to spoil it for you.
Mark Desrosiers
Mar 01, 2009 Mark Desrosiers rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
OK, I'm of two minds about this conclusion. Yes, the plot is daffy and maybe even cribbed from a Saturday morning SuperFriends episode: identical twins as bad guys, a new island rising out of the ocean floor, etc. BUT if you read it as an over-the-top parody of American hegemony in the Bush era, it's pretty hilarious. Great stinger in the very last panel too.
William Thomas
Feb 10, 2010 William Thomas rated it liked it
An over-written ending to what was a fantastic book. This volume, however, was the weakest of them. Seems as if it were written to be on the big screen as some big budget summer blockbuster with all of the hackneyed lines and same double-cross scenes... just wasn't up to par.
Mac
Apr 21, 2010 Mac rated it did not like it
All right, look. I know it's a comic book. I'm not expecting something great, here. But no one, NO ONE, likes a secret-twin ending. Oh well, the series as a whole was fun, a decent way to kill an afternoon, but secret twins? Really, guys?
Stephen
Dec 27, 2009 Stephen rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Got a little James Bond super villainy is this last volume, but ultimately the pay off was quite good and far more bleak and cynical than I expected it to be. The last page summed the whole series up nicely.
Dru
a pretty good ending to a pretty good series.
erin
May 09, 2010 erin rated it liked it
I wasn't pleased with the ending.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Troy Mantz
Troy Mantz marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Scott Mills
Scott Mills rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Chuck Childers
Chuck Childers rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
MB
MB rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Mahabubur Rahman
Mahabubur Rahman marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Jack
Jack added it
Jul 14, 2016
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Brady Smith
Brady Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Matt Peters
Matt Peters marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
All Graphic
All Graphic marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Liz BooksandStuff
Liz BooksandStuff rated it liked it
May 12, 2016
  • Sleeper, Vol. 4: The Long Way Home
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 9: Strychnine Lives
  • The Flash, Vol. 2: Blood Will Run
  • The Authority: The Magnificent Kevin
Andy Diggle is a British comic book writer and former editor of 2000 AD. He is best known for his work on The Losers,Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Adam Strange and Silent Dragon at DC Comics and for his run on Thunderbolts and Daredevil after his move to Marvel.

In 2013 Diggle left writing DC's Action Comics and began working with Dynamite Entertainment, writing a paranormal crime series Uncanny. He is
More about Andy Diggle...

The Losers (2 books)