Start by marking “You Are Dying, and Your World Is a Lie” as Want to Read:
You Are Dying, and Your World Is a Lie

You Are Dying, and Your World Is a Lie

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  316 ratings  ·  23 reviews
What is pain? What is discomfort? Is it something terrible, something to be avoided... or is it the very thing that lets us know that we are alive?

The modern world has sold us on a lie. The lie says that to live is to be comfortable. To live is to be free of struggle. The lie says that the ultimate existence would be to never want for anything, to never be pushed so far th
Published January 14th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services (first published March 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Are Dying, and Your World Is a Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Dying, and Your World Is a Lie

Lesa
Johnny B. Truant knows just how to get to the point in the most blunt and forceful way. Live life, pain and all, because that's what's real.
Omkar Abnave
"To escape the matrix, first you gotta see the matrix"

The thing i liked about this book is authors opinions about 'matrix'.
Now when i saw that series long ago i felt the same but couldn't express that with words.
and it feels good to see someone doing it and sharing it with the word.
"You are doing it right man"

Definitely going for his next book.
PS Gupta
Nothing new, I am constrained to say

Your time is limited . Each moment is precious . The moment which is now, is never going to come back. Face fear head on, plunge into things which make you afraid. That's about it !!
michaelcharlseblackford
Sound logical reason for do more and fearing less

Sound logical reasons for doing more and fearing less. Makes you ask if your willing to deal with discomforts in order to achieve real happiness.
Kerenza
“as our lives become less and less genuine, we require bigger and bigger thrills to scare us, for just a moment, into feeling human again.”

Despite its dry wit this book really does make you think. Well worth the read!
Mrfixit1170
Motivational speaking, the way I here the world. Raw and in your face. I think that for me it told me that I need to get my butt in gear if I want to say whaat I want to say.
Lloyd K
Feb 10, 2014 Lloyd K rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone I care about.
Shelves: favourites
Recommended reading for anyone who needs a proverbial kick up the a55! It won't take long and I for one am glad I gave it my time. And what precious little we have of it left.
Gita Sturtevant
Amazing

This writer is the best I have read in four hundred pieces it is funny and real and I am hooked willingly as a fan of his books
hailey burkhart
Wow

I've always thought like this, he gives a new perspective of an opinion I've has for years. I absolutely loved it
Carol
Jan 30, 2014 Carol added it
Entertaining and just enough

Recommend for the brevity and light hearted glimpse into our shared non-reality. Quick read. Refreshing and brings back memories of more shares.
Janis Lai
it was really epic. took me 15 minutes to read, maybe a lifetime worth of lessons. it'd be something that I'll spend the rest of my life trying. summing up the book: embrace the fear, be uncomfortable and in pain. feel alive.
Jitka Egressy
Well done! Great "wake up" call for everyone. Read it! ...more
Ann Mclees
OK, not sure what to say about this book.
Darius A. Vesa
Huge impact ! More people should read this !
Stephanie
I liked the first book "The universe doesn't give a flying fuck about you" (although there is one point made in the entire book and the author just keeps repeating it, throughout the book) but i don't think this book is any news, so based on originality, it sucks. Got some interesting quotes out of it but everything else was just a load of bs if you ask me. And I repeat; I don't think this book is any news. What you read/ will read, is nothing you don't already know.
J K
Not quite up there with the epic rant that 'the universe doesn't give a flying fuck about you' but a timely reminder all the same...Life. Is. Short. What you choose to do with that time is the big question here. Gulp.
Cyn
I love his brutal honesty in these essays-turned-ebook. He doesn't waste time getting to the point. More 'self-help'/'inspirational' stuff should be like this.
Shawn Ingram
Not really a book, more a medium length essay this book is inspirational and brutally honest. I enjoyed reading it and will read it again some day.

Onna
I think this one was better than his first essay. He does have a way to make you pause and think a little.
Eddie
Another shot blog/book on how to approach life. Goddamn I needed these books!
Krissyt
I'm enjoying all the free kindle books.
Luca Conti
short but good and free
A.R
A.R marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
TLM Mhlongo
TLM Mhlongo marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
  • Universal Laws: 18 Powerful Laws & The Secret Behind Manifesting Your Desires (Finding Balance)
  • The Good Energy Book: Creating Harmony and Balance for Yourself and Your Home
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 4 (Yesterday's Gone, #4)
  • 8 to Great: The Powerful Process for Positive Change
  • Secrets of a Working Dog: Unleash Your Potential and Create Success
  • Why You're Stuck: Your Guide To Finding Freedom From Any Of Life's Challenges
  • The Way to Wealth
  • Simple Living - 30 days to less stuff and more life
  • Inspired Creative Writing (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Hour of the Wolf
  • The Emotional Eating Rescue Plan for Smart, Busy Women: Make Peace with Food, Live the Life You Hunger For
  • The Dalai Lama: A Life Inspired
  • Secrets of True Happiness
  • A Guide to the Present Moment
  • That Is That: Essays About True Nature
  • Be your own best life coach (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • On the Edge of Twilight: 22 Tales to Follow You Home
  • Life Hacks
Johnny B. Truant is an author, blogger, and podcaster who, like the Ramones, was long denied induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame despite having a large cult following. He makes his online home at JohnnyBTruant.com and is the author of the Unicorn Western series, the Fat Vampire series, The Bialy Pimps, and a handful of other properties and growing every week.

You can connect with Johnny o
More about Johnny B. Truant...
The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You Fat Vampire (Fat Vampire, #1) Disobey Tastes Like Chicken (Fat Vampire, #2) All You Can Eat (Fat Vampire, #3)

“We are not averages and statistics. We are not the upper, middle, or lower class. We are not citizens, or constituents, or the governed. We are not megaplex Christmas shoppers. We are human.” 0 likes
“But if you think your deadline is real, go out in the woods and get a grizzly bear to chase you. Which of your pressing concerns seems more real now?” 0 likes