Start by marking “Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels” as Want to Read:
Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels

Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels

Published June 18th 2013 by Avalon Travel Publishing (first published May 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels

Negin
Jul 04, 2015 Negin rated it really liked it
An excellent guide for a trip that we hope we’ll make someday soon, not sure when!
Ashleigh Harris
Aug 18, 2014 Ashleigh Harris rated it really liked it
I used this book to help me navigate around Amsterdam. I would highly recommend doing some serious pre-planning with this book before you get there, because the last thing you want to do is waste time trying to figure it all out from your hotel room once you're there. Oh yeah...and listen to the book (and other smart people) who tell you not to drink the water when visiting. I was cheap and didn't want to pay for the bottled water, but I paid for it for like 3-4 weeks of misery when I got back ...more
Snsiddiqui91
Jul 02, 2015 Snsiddiqui91 rated it it was amazing
Steves does a good job of making you feel comfortable with a place before getting there. Super useful in all three cities - especially in Amsterdam where the streets are seemingly impossible to navigate. He also has useful recommendations for eating and organizing your time. If your trip is time constricted, definitely use his tips.
Keith Little
Great book but a poor eBook translation. On the Kobo ePub version, none of the maps and images can be zoomed-in on. A large part of what make this eBook useful is the handy maps, diagrams, and images that Rick Steves provides. Without the ability to properly view these images, this book is not worth its price.
Miranda (M.E.) Brumbaugh
Now that I've finished the guidebook, I'm all set to experience the Netherlands in all its glory! Love me some Rick Steves, great book, glad to have it in eBook format so I can take it along on the adventure. Highly recommended.
Rebecca
Dec 09, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
I only read this thoroughly for Brussels and Bruges, but every suggestion was spot-on, from B&Bs to restaurants. I found the 3-4 hour Brussels tour to be especially helpful, since that was exactly how much time we had to spend there and it really helped us pick what to visit and what to skip.
Kerry
Apr 04, 2015 Kerry rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel
We are going here for the holidays later this year and I've already planned the itinerary and found some good places to stay. I love Rick Steves' recommendations as they're always spot on and geared towards experiencing the culture fully.
Sally
Oct 05, 2015 Sally rated it it was amazing
Added this to my Kindle Fire before going on vacation. It was great having it along while traveling.
Lorri
Jul 12, 2014 Lorri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I'm a big fan of Rick Steves but think a separate book just on the Netherlands would be great. There really are so many more places that could be included.
Bob
Bob rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Ted Mabry
Ted Mabry rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Karen Borushok
Karen Borushok rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Rachel Sharf
Rachel Sharf rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
Jenny Lindsey
Jenny Lindsey rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Michael Chong
Michael Chong rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Ryan Tandler
Ryan Tandler rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Maria Iordache
Maria Iordache rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Peter W
Peter W rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Carolfoasia
Jan 21, 2016 Carolfoasia rated it really liked it
So valuable. Really helped us navigate Amsterdam and Haarlem.
Kathi
Kathi rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
 john
john rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2013
Catharine Bramkamp
Catharine Bramkamp rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Genee
Genee rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Glenn Lirman
Glenn Lirman rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Dawn Roe
Dawn Roe rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2015
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Lasagna Gardening for Small Spaces: A Layering System for Big Results in Small Gardens and Containers
  • Barcelona & Catalonia
  • Diario de Oaxaca: A Sketchbook Journal of Two Years in Mexico
  • Europe on a Shoestring
  • Italian Hours
  • Simple Green Smoothies with Jen and Jadah: The Radically Easy Way to Lose Weight, Increase Energy, and Be Happier in Your Body
  • John Steinbeck, Writer
  • Science of the Magical: From the Holy Grail to Love Potions to Superpowers
  • Lincoln's Battle with God: A President's Struggle with Faith and What It Meant for America
  • Novel Destinations: Literary Landmarks From Jane Austen's Bath to Ernest Hemingway's Key West
  • Pictures from Italy
  • Amsterdam (Eyewitness Travel Guide)
  • Typographic Systems of Design
  • How to Grow a Novel: The Most Common Mistakes Writers Make and How to Overcome Them
  • Fodor's Ireland 2011
  • Bukowski For Beginners
  • The Nordic Theory of Everything: In Search of a Better Life
  • 5-Factor Fitness: The Diet and Fitness Secret of Hollywood's A-List
Richard "Rick" Steves is an American author and television personality on European travel. He is the host of a public television series, and a public radio travel show, and the author of many travel guidebooks and autobiographies.
More about Rick Steves...