Start by marking “Defiled, featuring John Tall Wolf (Ron Ketchum Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Defiled, featuring John Tall Wolf (Ron Ketchum Mystery, #2)

Defiled, featuring John Tall Wolf (Ron Ketchum Mystery #2)

Published December 30th 2012 by Stray Dog Press, inc. (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Defiled, featuring John Tall Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defiled, featuring John Tall Wolf

Merle
Not as strong as the first Ketchum novel (Nailed), but still well done. It also has the extra detail of introducing what may be Flynn's most unusual character, John Tall Wolf. He's spun off into two adventures of his own, but gets a good introduction here.

Environmental havoc is the theme of this one, and a few new characters enter the story. Still well written, and the people are real with real impulses and feelings.

Defiled (A Ron Ketchum Mystery #2) by Joseph Flynn
Katherine
The second in the series, good, but not as good as the first. There were a few things that bothered me, but I won't go into them since it would ruin the story for those that have not read it. I will say Walt's death was not premature I think. There is so much more you could do with that character. This author seems to like to get rid of characters, I'm hoping that isn't going to be a pattern.
Dolly
Mar 11, 2016 Dolly rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Review: Defiled: The Sequel to Nailed Featuring John Tall Wolf (A Ron Ketchum Mystery #2) by Joseph Flynn

Monday morning doesn’t start well for Ron Ketchum, chief of police of the Sierra Nevada resort town of Goldstrike, California. His deputy chief leaves town looking for a new job. A “dirty” bomb — C4 plastic explosive attached to a container of radioactive material — is found on Lake Adeline, the town’s crown jewel. Hale Tibbot, a rich, divisive real estate developer, is murdered and
Danita Nelson
Sep 26, 2016 Danita Nelson rated it it was amazing
Joseph Flynn Strikes Again

Didn't want to put it down! Intrigue, suspense, and a serious dose of suspended reality makes this book a must-read.
Black Butterfly
Oct 19, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
OMG! LOVE THE "RON KETCHUM MYSTERY" SERIES, THE FIRST ONE (NAILED) WAS WOW, CAN HE DO IT AGAIN? YES-SIREEEE! HE SURE CAN AND DID! STRANGE HOW SOME AUTHOR'S CAN TELL A STORY BETTER THAN SOME OTHERS, MR. FLYNN IS A "MASTER-OF-THE-GAME STORY TELLER". READING HIM I VISUALLY SEE HIS WORDS IN A FULL COLOR PANORAMIC MOVIE. THE TOWN OF GOLDSTRIKE AND THE PEOPLE LIVING THERE SEEMS LIKE I KNOW THEM PERSONALLY. THIS BK#2 DEALS WITH SO MANY TIMELY ISSUES, SUCH AS THE LACK OF COOPERATION BETWEEN LAW ...more
Kimberly Hicks
Dec 31, 2013 Kimberly Hicks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberly by: BookBubs
Shelves: read-on-kindle
After having read Nailed and enjoying the characters in the Ron Ketchum series, I was pleasantly surprised with this second installment. I usually do not like to read series, but when the characters are this good, it's hard not to see how everyone ends up. Although there weren't any mountain lions scaring us in this book, and I must admit, I sort of missed having the four-legged creature around, we find a sinister two-legged variety going around trying to blow up Goldstrike and defiling Lake ...more
Lynn
Jul 07, 2016 Lynn rated it really liked it
Good Read

I really enjoyed the John Tall Wolf novels and originally read this book because Tall Wolf also appeared in this book along with several other characters from the series. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Ron Ketchum books are also well written and nearly as interesting as the Tall Wolf books. Highly recommended.
Al Kacere
Mar 03, 2016 Al Kacere rated it it was amazing
Another fun read!

This was another fun, quick-moving novel in the series. This was hard to put down and had a great cast of characters that I look forward to reading more about in future novels. I will definitely read the next one in this series!
Michele bookloverforever
2 heroes from different story lines meet. complicated tale of environmental terrorism, long lost gold, a dirty bomb and a bizarre murder brings John Tall Wolfe to Ketchum's town. lots of action, a little tragedy.
Gerald Shapiro
Sep 14, 2015 Gerald Shapiro rated it it was amazing
Another good read Mr. Flynn

Once again the cast of characters are varied and have unique personalities. You can actually put this book down for a few days, come back and the story line is still intact.
Antigo Martin-Delaney
Jun 08, 2016 Antigo Martin-Delaney rated it really liked it
Fun read

Enjoyed the introduction of the John Tall Wolf. His humor added much to the storyline. It was also fun to have agent Benjamin show up. I could have done without Ron's former partner. She did not really add much to the story for me.
Roger
Dec 29, 2014 Roger rated it it was amazing
Good read

Read the three other books with tall wolf and they were all very good. The nailed and defiled books were an excellent read. Recommend all five books.
Suki Korp
May 16, 2013 Suki Korp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book-I really hope that there will be another Ron Ketchum book! I especially enjoyed the pairing of John Tall Wolf and Ron Ketchum.
Clint
Oct 25, 2013 Clint rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
I really liked this book. I love the characters and the way the author makes the scenery come to life.
Irene Jindra
Irene Jindra rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
andy buckert
andy buckert rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Mitch Rogers
Mitch Rogers rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Williamcody
Williamcody rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2016
A
A rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Karen Konchalski
Karen Konchalski rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Stephen Brewton
Stephen Brewton rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2013
Harold Pearson
Harold Pearson rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2014
James
James rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Elaine
Elaine rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Julie A Berry
Julie A Berry rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Sheila Trant
Sheila Trant rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2016
marie pote
marie pote rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Staged Fright (Bodies, #1)
  • Killing Sam Knight (The Knight Chronicles, #2)
  • Departed (A Leopold Blake Thriller, #3)
  • Torn Apart (Hero, #1)
  • Bad Karma in the Big Easy
  • The Devil's Cauldron
  • Money & Murder (Matt Kile Mystery, #3)
  • Playing With Fire: The True Story of a Nurse, Her Husband, and a Marriage Turned Fatal
  • Warning Order (Grant Stevens, #2)
  • Battle Group Avalon (Castle Federation #3)
  • Tipping Point
  • Dynomite!: Good Times, Bad Times, Our Times--A Memoir
  • Of Fear and Faith (Death and Destiny #1)
  • Lady 52 (A Jack Daniels/Nicholas Colt Novel)
  • Love on the Edge
  • Circling the Runway (Jake Diamond Mysteries Book 4)
  • The Killing Times (The FBI/Romance Series #1)
  • Devious: A 9th Circle Prequel Short Story
Joseph Flynn has been published both traditionally — Signet Books, Bantam Books and Variance Publishing — and through his own imprint, Stray Dog Press, Inc. Both major media reviews and reader reviews have praised his work. Booklist said, “Flynn is an excellent storyteller.” The Chicago Tribune said, “Flynn [is] a master of high-octane plotting.” The most repeated reader comment is: Write faster, ...more
More about Joseph Flynn...

Ron Ketchum Mystery (3 books)
  • Nailed (Ron Ketchum Mystery, #1)
  • Impaled (Ron Ketchum Mystery, #3)