Start by marking “Cold Company” as Want to Read:
Cold Company

Cold Company (Alex Jensen & Jessie Arnold #9)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  418 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Multiple award-winning author Sue Henry once again carries us into the heart of America's last frontier with a gripping tale of suspense set in a land whose rugged, exquisite beauty appeals to the adventurous and strong...and to those who are drawn to darkness.

Cold CompanyThe summer solstice is near -- bringing long sunlit days to the Alaskan wilderness -- and for famed mu
Published June 4th 2002 by William Morrow (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Cold Company, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Company

Ann
It is summer in Alaska, the days are long, and the nights are more dusk than dark at this latitude. Jessie Arnold is rebuilding her cabin in this latest book in the series by Sue Henry, Cold Company. I'll give it a sold 8 of 10. Jessie is a dog sled racer and an independent woman living in the middle of some of the most beautiful land in the country training her dogs for the next opportunity to race in the winter months at the Iditarod or the Yukon quest. I have listened to several previous book ...more
Mckenna Fuller
Jessie Arnold lives on Knik road, Alaska. All over there has been several killings of women and all of them get the same red roses before something happens to them. This book is told very well and gives you a good idea of what life is like in Alaska. The plot was very well constructed and well thought out. I had no idea what was going to happen next it was perfect for a mystery book. The setting was very authentic because the author lives in Alaska. I have read most of Sue Henry's books and the ...more
Jewett
This book tells the story of Jessie's struggle to rebuild her life. At the same time there is murder and mayhem an of course she is right in the middle of it.
Joanne
An Alaska mystery. Dog musher Jessie Arnold is rebuilding her cabin after a fire and a skeleton is found on her property. Police discover the remains are about 20 years old and along with the remains is a token from another missing person of the same time. While investigating the old deaths a serial killer is killing young women and mysterious deliveries of roses are being sent to cold country women. Suspensful and descriptive, the book got a little slow during the middle, but then wraps up nice ...more
Alannah Davis
Another excellent Alaska mystery by Sue Henry. Polished the entire thing off today - couldn't put it down!
Linda
I really enjoyed this book. I've read other books about Anchorage's serial killer Robert Hansen and was surprised when Sue Henry made reference to him in this book.
BubblesTheMonkey
I read it in about 5 hours approximately. It really is a page-turner.
Sandy Duke
The most interesting part of this book was the description of building a log cabin. A fictional account of the work of a real serial killer, the outcome is predictable. Several characters were left undeveloped until the end of the book when their roles come into prominence. I believe more development of these characters would give the reader more empathy and/or understanding of their plight.
John
Sue Henry has a good knack for describing the geological and ecological details of Alaska. Her heroine is a dog musher, trying to rebuild her cabin and life after a devastating fire. Unfortunately, too many underdeveloped plot lines interfere with a good story line. The usual serial killer angle was especially trying. This was an author that one shouldn't waste a second book on.
Sandy
Jesse Arnold is in the process of rebuilding her cabin that was destroyed by fire when a body is found in the excavation area. It seems to be an older man and he may have died 25 years before but then a couple of bodies show up in the nearby river area and it seems to be the work of a local serial killer, but he is still in prison.
Robert Van Tuyl
I like books that just pick up where the last book left off. Jessie, our protagonist, attracts problems like girls to Clark Gable. Unlike most straight-forward mysteries, Jessie more or less stumbles to a good solution with some good guy casualties along the way.
Mandy
it was a great book except for the ending. it felt like the author rushed the ending, didn't give the serial killer a motive or even a background. could have gone more in-depth.
Sally
I love Sue Henry's mysteries (set in Alaska). She describes the scenery and life style. I like the way she develops her mysteries.
Leila
I thoroughly enjoy 'being in Alaska' through the eyes and emotions of Sun Henry. The story is secondary to the adventurous 'travel'.
Elaine
Another murder in the arctic tundra. Human monsters and cold weather buried in the ice.
Ryan
Another Alaska Mystery by Sue Henry which I throughly enjoyed.
Niece
Alaska Mystery-Jesse Arnold series-Have enjoyed series!
Jo Anne
I pretty much have read this entire series :)
Helen
serial creep with roses
Genevieve
Genevieve marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Denise Vandiver
Denise Vandiver marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
  • So Sure Of Death (Liam Campbell, #2)
  • The Maltese Goddess (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery, #2)
  • Novena for Murder (Sister Mary Helen, #1)
  • Funeral Food (Tory Bauer Mystery, #1)
  • Zero at the Bone
  • Apparition Alley (Kate Delafield, #6)
  • Blood Lure (Anna Pigeon, #9)
  • Deadly Housewives
  • The Recycled Citizen (Kelling & Bittersohn, #7)
  • Rainbow's End (Felse, #13)
  • Suspicion of Guilt (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #2)
  • Shiny Water
Sue Henry is the author of six novels in her award-winning Alaska mystery series: Murder on the Iditarod Trail, Termination Dust, Sleeping Lady, Death Takes Passage, Deadfall, and Murder on the Yukon Quest. She has lived in Alaska for almost aquarter of a century, and brings history, Alaskan lore, and the majestic beauty of the vast landscape to her mysteries. Based in Anchorage, where she teaches ...more
More about Sue Henry...

Alex Jensen & Jessie Arnold (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Murder on the Iditarod Trail (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #1)
  • Termination Dust (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #2)
  • Sleeping Lady (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #3)
  • Death Takes Passage (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #4)
  • Deadfall (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #5)
  • Murder on the Yukon Quest (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #6)
  • Beneath the Ashes (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #7)
  • Dead North (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #8)
  • Death Trap (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #10)
  • Murder at Five Finger Light (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #11)
Murder on the Iditarod Trail (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #1) Dead North (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #8) Murder on the Yukon Quest (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #6) The Serpents Trail (Maxie and Stretch, #1) Murder at Five Finger Light (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #11)