Start by marking “Same Time, Next Year” as Want to Read:
Same Time, Next Year

Same Time, Next Year (Those Manning Men #4)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  329 ratings  ·  15 reviews
That sparkly New Year's Eve in Vegas, dignified Judge James Wilkens impulsively rescued a most seductive damsel in distress. And one unforgettable night with Summer Lawton had him vowing to meet her at the same time, the same place, the next year...

But even twice was not enough. So sober James impulsively made free-spirited Summer his wife. But with all the odds against hi
Published June 17th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Same Time, Next Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Same Time, Next Year

Sep 26, 2014 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet Contemporary Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Same Time, Next Year is the fourth and final full-length novel in Debbie Macomber's Those Manning Men series. As with pretty much all the books in the series, it's a sweet, light romance. Although thankfully, Ms. Macomber doesn't gloss over sexual attraction, there are no explicit elements, making it suitable for most romance readers. In this book, James, Christy Manning's ex-fiancé and the man she left in the dust, finally gets his HEA. While James isn't a Manning by blo
Debbie Heaton
In Macomber’s romance novel, Summer Lawton finds herself suffering the sting of betrayal. Judge James Wilkens not only rescues her, he assures her that with time, things will be better next year. Impulsively, Judge Wilkens makes an appointment to meet Summer in Vegas in one year just to prove his point. But one year later, they do indeed meet up again only to find the odds stack against them.

As always, Macomber weaves a tale of romance littered with obstacles to true love.
Emily Higgins
Summer Lawton was supposed to meet her boyfriend in Las Vegas to celebrate New Year's. Instead, she found him in the arms of another woman. Devastated, Summer was wandering through the crowds trying to decide what to do next when she ran into James Wilkens. Summer tells James about her feelings of hurt and betrayal. James assures her that she would be feeling much better at the same time, next year. To prove it, he suggested that they meet in Las Vegas again next New Year's. After a year long co ...more
Joyce Gamble
Loved the Manning series and so glad you included James, as he was in all the other stories!!
Sweet and easy, like summer reading should be.
Pretty simple story with dated style
Lee Yahnker
The title was so intriguing that I chose the book even though I avoid romance novels because of their predictability and "goody goody" themes. By the 2/3 point I couldn't read anymore and skipped to the last chapter. No more romance novels!
I didn't make it past the 5th chapter. I thought it was boring and predictable, I couldn't hold out till the end because I just didn't care enough to see how it ended.
I'm glad that Macomber addressed what happened to James Wilkens, who was jilted by Christy Manning. I'm also glad that things worked out for the best for him.
There was the proper amount of raunch in this book... and it stuck with me. And that's all I remember about it. I did read it a loooooong time ago.
i tought it was very predictable, and the caracters were boring to me. But it was a quick read anyway,i wouldn't read it again tough.
Charlotte Wallace
It was a cute read, quick and very predictable. Good anyway.
Erika Etchison
Easy Read. Somewhat predictable.
Hélène marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Shirley Quimby
Shirley Quimby marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Tina Henry
Tina Henry marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Onoetas Oluap
Onoetas Oluap marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Beverley McInnis
Beverley McInnis marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Cherie Dunn
Cherie Dunn is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2015
Mary marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Sherry  Malunat
Sherry Malunat marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Ben Brown
Ben Brown marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
geraldine travers
geraldine travers is currently reading it
Nov 10, 2015
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Release (In Too Deep) (Harlequin Blaze #301)
  • Miracle in New Hope
  • Joint Forces (Wingmen Warriors, #7) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1293)
  • Never Let Go/A Soldier's Secret
  • On a Snowy Christmas Night (Made in Montana, #3)
  • Sunset Beach (The Beach House #4)
  • After The Storm
  • In The Line Of Duty (First Responders #2)
  • When You Call My Name (Hatfield, #2)
  • Seduction Under Fire (Harlequin Romantic Suspense)
  • Edge of Betrayal (Edge, #4)
  • Blade's Lady (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1023)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Avenging Angel
  • Hold Me

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Those Manning Men (4 books)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Those Manning Men, #1)
  • Stand-In Wife
  • Bride on the Loose (Kesempatan Kedua) (Those Manning Man, #3)