Start by marking “Compromised for Christmas” as Want to Read:
Compromised for Christmas

Compromised for Christmas (Tenacious Trents #1)

Compromise for Christmas, a novella, first appeared in anthology, A Summons from His Grace. It later appeared in a compilation, Scots, Spies & Salacious Lies. It is the first of the Tenacious Trents.

Lady Elizabeth craved excitement and adventure. Unwilling to endure further boring Seasons, she convinces her uncle, who has lived a more adventurous life than anyone else
Published June 1st 2013 by Night Shift Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Compromised for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Compromised for Christmas

Vikki Vaught
Dec 25, 2015 Vikki Vaught rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Charles, and I thoroughly enjoyed this interesting tale. I will definitely be reading books by her again. Compromised for Christmas is a moving story and pulled on my heart strings. I also listened to the audio version, which I purchased for $1.99 since I also downloaded the book for FREE!

Elizabeth Whitton receives a letter from her grandfather, the duke demanding her presence at Danby Castle for Christmas. Unfortunately, the letter is not in code,
Elizabeth Bennet
Mar 25, 2015 Elizabeth Bennet rated it liked it
Chris McFarland
Jun 16, 2015 Chris McFarland rated it it was amazing
The Trent book that started it all. Jean Pierre Bouvier has worked hard to secure his place and position inside Tuileries and court of Napoleon himself. Unfortunately he discovers a secret that puts himself and the beautiful maid Lisette Renard in mortal peril: Lisette's grandfather has just compromised them both.

Forced to flee France and resume their actual identities, John Trent and Lady Elizabeth Whitton barely escape with their lives. But once they make land on British soil they learn that t
Darlene Chisholm
Feb 11, 2015 Darlene Chisholm rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, kindle
This was a nice read. It is good to see an historical romance with a strong woman who is working as a spy rather than another lady's companion. I thoroughly enjoyed it and want to read on to see what happens next. This book ended too quickly - I was looking forward to reading more on what was going to happen when it was revealed to the family what is really going on (or at least the version that they were going to tell).
Patricia
Sep 01, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The Duke of Danby Strikes Again!
This is a sweet story, with sultry overtones, similar to chocolate candy.
A story with suspense added by threat of death. During the French revolution (as ever was the case) the English had spies inside various French stations of power. In this novella, one spy is a lovely young English woman, with a male compatriot close by. To keep her family from knowing where she is, she has told them she met a man in France, married him, and is living happily in southern Franc
Deiatra Dee Deacon Foster
Jul 28, 2015 Deiatra Dee Deacon Foster rated it it was amazing
What do Napoleon, a French groomsman, a French maid, a male & female spy for England, a pretend husband & the granddaughter of a Duke have in common? An amazing novella by Jane Charles!
When their mission is compromised by a letter from Lady Elizabeth’s grandfather has her & her partner running back to England. The problems they incur along the way are minor compared to Elizabeth having to explain to her grandfather why her “husband” isn’t with her.
John Phillip Trent knows he cannot
Mary
Jul 21, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
I reread this short novella as part of the anthology "A Summons From the Duke of Danby." The duke has a stack of special licenses, and he wants his grandchildren married before Christmas. He summons them all home in various ways and does his darnedest to get them together with just the right mate.

Elizabeth Whitton just happens to be a spy in the household of Napoleon when she receives a letter from her grandfather calling her home. He also expects her to bring her French husband (a fiction she c
Becca
Dec 23, 2014 Becca rated it it was ok
This novella had a strong start but a weak finish. Elizabeth and John are titled spies for the English. They had infiltrated Napoleon's court and had been passing along information for years when Elizabeth's grandfather carelessly sent an uncoded message forcing them to flee ( I was angry when it was revealed why he did it). This was a fast paced section that I enjoyed. However, it quickly fizzled with the characters making stupid decisions and cowering before the duke. Smart people that had ...more
Mainer207
May 03, 2015 Mainer207 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Cute short story. I don't usually read novellas but since this was Book 1 of the series I wanted to start at the beginning. And I've never read this author before; a good way to sample her work.

It was okay. For entertainment value it was quite good - adventure, fear, romance, family (always good for some tension.). The ending was a little quick but it WAS a short story. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Tracey
Nov 22, 2014 Tracey rated it really liked it
another good short story to read. both hero and heroine were spies in France. heroine's grandfather summon her home to England for Christmas while she is still on a mission. she had to lie to her family that she was married to a french man during her years of absent. now that she had to go home, no one ignores the grandfather the Duke...
Wendy Tavenner
May 15, 2016 Wendy Tavenner rated it it was amazing
Great first book with John and Elizabeth as spies in France. She is summoned home by her grandfather the Duke of Danby. When the letter comes both John and Elizabeth fear there cover has been found out and the barely escape and traipse through France with soldiers on there tails!!! A great beginning to the Trent saga!!!
Sally Hannoush
Aug 24, 2014 Sally Hannoush rated it really liked it
This was a cute short story. It had left me smiling and inventing other parts of the book had it been longer. The novella flowed well for the length. It had action, adventure, drama and love. The grandfather was my favorite character and I saw him as a puppet-master and had many puppets. This is just an act in the epic story.
Keri
Jan 16, 2016 Keri rated it it was amazing
Compromised for Christmas

A cute little story, although I wish we could have met John's family and have the wedding. I also like the epilogues at the end of stories. All in all,cute read for and hour or so!
Leiza McArter
May 21, 2016 Leiza McArter rated it really liked it
Loved this book! I just wished it was longer, but the pace was good enough that it didn't need anything else, unless you added in more spy adventures and more love tension between Elizabeth and John. But, overall, loved it!
Jill
Dec 31, 2015 Jill added it
haha just trying to meet my goal for this year, but this one was well worth the money I paid ($0). I probably would have spent .99 on it if it were longer. I got it for free from amazon in case this sounds like I got this illegally :)
Marcella
This novella was entertaining, but I'm not convinced of the love between hero and heroine. Maybe their love already grew in the two years they knew each other before the start of this story, but I didn't feel it.
Jessica
Jun 08, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Great read...but too short!

I am not normally a fan of novellas, unless they are a part of a series. This novellas was well written. Full of intrigue, spies, and the ever dominating Duke of Danby. My only wish is that it could have been longer.
Lorri French
May 21, 2016 Lorri French rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this e book

I enjoyed this very much and hated for it to end. I loved the story and characters John and Elizabeth. I hope they appear in further books in the series.
Jessica
Dec 14, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, christmas, 2015
Romance novellas have little to no sex, so I'm finding I'm enjoying them more than standard romance. Good spy plot!
Nicole
Feb 25, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: jane-charles
Loved the book. However, it is a teaser leaving you wanting more..... I will be reading all of the series!

(I am a little frustrated with the grammatical errors in my ebooks lately.)
Donna Parrott
Donna Parrott rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Carina
Carina rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Anita Quigley
Anita Quigley rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Kym
Kym rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2015
P.
P. rated it it was ok
Dec 12, 2014
Sandra R
Sandra R rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Mary E
Mary E rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2014
  • Unexpected Comfort
  • Red Satin
  • Love Pursued
  • Love is all You Need: A Sweet Romance Box Set
  • Scandalous Virtue (The Saint of Seven Dials, #0)
  • To Lure a Proper Lady (Duke-Defying Daughters #1)
  • The Desperate Love of a Lord (Marlow Intrigues, #3.5)
  • His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)
  • Scandalous Brides (Four Bestselling Full-Length Regency Novels)
  • A Lady By Chance (House of Haverstock, #1)
  • To Wed His Christmas Lady (The Heart of a Duke, #7)
  • Christmas Angel (Company of Rogues, #3)
  • Goodbye Blues, Hello Love
  • Gift-Wrapped Governess: Christmas at Blackhaven Castle / Governess to Christmas Bride / Duchess by Christmas
Jane Charles has lived in the Midwest her entire life. In fact, she lived in the same house until the day she married. As a child she would more likely be found outside with a baseball than a book in her hand. In fact, Jane hated reading until she was sixteen. Out of boredom on a long road trip she borrowed her older sister’s historical romance and fell in love with reading. She long ago lost ...more
More about Jane Charles...

Tenacious Trents (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • A Misguided Lord
  • A Perfect Gentleman
  • A Lass for Christmas
  • A Reluctant Rake
  • Lady Revealed
  • A Pact Between Gentlemen (Regency Christmas Pact, #1) (Tenacious Trents, #7)
  • Landing a Laird