Start by marking “Mind Games (Lock & Mori, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mind Games (Lock & Mori, #2)

Mind Games (Lock & Mori #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  40 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Sherlock Holmes and Miss James “Mori” Moriarty may have closed their first case, but the mystery is far from over in the thrilling sequel to Lock & Mori, perfect for fans of Maureen Johnson and Sherlock.

You know their names. Now discover their beginnings.

Mori’s abusive father is behind bars…and she has never felt less safe. Threatening letters have started appearing o
Published December 6th 2016 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Mind Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Games

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasEmpire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareGlass Sword by Victoria AveyardHeartless by Marissa Meyer
YA Novels of 2016
1,116 books — 8,574 voters
Doors of Stone by Patrick RothfussThe Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinWhite Hot by Ilona AndrewsOathbringer by Brandon SandersonPeace Talks by Jim Butcher
Forthcoming Books
340 books — 1,399 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

Lock & Mori was one of my favourite books this year, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on book 2. When the opportunity came up to be a part of the blog tour, I jumped at the chance, so thank you Hannah, and the team at Simon & Schuster!

After the ending of Lock & Mori, Mori is now feeling somewhat safe. Her father has been arrested, and she and her younger brothers are safe from hi
Becky Hutchison
Dec 07, 2016 Becky Hutchison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, young-adult
In LOCK & MORI: MIND GAMES, Heather W. Petty has written a tight, intriguing mystery filled with interesting twists and turns and several unique Sherlock Holmes references. Though it ends in a cliffhanger, the path to that point contains such a captivating storyline with well-drawn, compelling characters (and a pinch of small side cases to appeal to young Sherlock Holmes fans), that the story is well worth the time it takes to read it and wait for the next installment.

The story begins shor
Jaime Arkin
Nov 20, 2016 Jaime Arkin rated it really liked it
Mind Games picks up shortly after the arrest of Mori’s abusive father … and even though he is behind bars she still doesn’t feel safe! The police have received anonymous tips that implicate Mori in the deaths of the Regent’s Park Killer and she has started to receive threatening notes at her doorstep. Thankfully she has the ever present Lock to lean on and help her figure out who is threatening her safety and innocence. His brilliant (if frustrating) mind will certainly be able to help her ...more
Annette
Dec 06, 2016 Annette rated it liked it
Mind Games is the second book in Petty's Lock & Mori series and the young Sherlock and Moriarty are in the thick of things.

Mori's number one goal throughout the entire book is to make sure she protects her brothers. That means her father must stay in jail. But she is receiving threats, and someone is trying to frame her for all of her father's murders.

I didn't enjoy Lock & Mori as much in this installment. The entertaining banter I mentioned in my review of Lock & Mori was nonexisten
Heather Brown
I really wanted to like this series, but it just isn't the one for me. The girl is too self-absorbed to be a good main character.
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Mystery
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

Mind Games, by author Heather W. Petty, is the second installment in the Lock & Mori series. This series is a modern day take on the Sir Arthur Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and his would be criminal mastermind & nemesis Professor James Moriarty. In this retelling, James Moriarty is a 16-year old female with a brilliant mind for the math's, while 16-year old Sherlock remains the same aloof, intelligent, but nerdy detectiv
Amber
Nov 23, 2016 Amber rated it really liked it
Heather Petty
Oct 17, 2016 Heather Petty rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Super excited for everyone to read this book! Feel free to use this space to ask questions if you have any. <3
Lauren
Sep 13, 2016 Lauren marked it as investigate
I'm putting this on hold until the full series is out. I'm too nervous about what is going to happen to these characters and their stories. Prequel stories when you know it doesn't end well for them, are always hard for me. Though I did really enjoy Lock & Mori.
Jewel DiSalvo
Dec 04, 2016 Jewel DiSalvo is currently reading it
Omigosh it has a cover SOMEBODY PINCH ME I' M DREAMING! Can't believe I will have to wait until September . It's going to be agonizing . :c:c:c What does Mind games mean for the plot ? Will Mori turn on Lock I NEED TO KNOW.I have a feeling this book is going to raise the stakes ( as if they weren't high enough ?!:))
Lexie
Jul 29, 2016 Lexie marked it as arc-owned-to-read  ·  review of another edition
IS IT HERE YET? No?

I don't normally get so hyped over a book, but I sincerely love Mori so much. I just want more of her and Lock being awkward clever geniuses.
Karl
Karl rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2016
Rebecca Ingenhorst
Rebecca Ingenhorst rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2016
Gray7170
Gray7170 rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Hinduism University
Hinduism University rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Ella Branson
Ella Branson rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
viktoria
viktoria rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
niha
niha rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Sheerisans Bücheruniversum
Sheerisans Bücheruniversum rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Lyctea
Lyctea rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2016
bbl612
bbl612 rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2016
Katharina
Katharina rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Marisol
Marisol rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Coconutkiss
Coconutkiss rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2016
Jmrees2gmail.Com
Jmrees2gmail.Com rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Vivien
Vivien rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Liz Overberg
Liz Overberg rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
  • The Gauntlet (The Cage, #3)
  • The Nobleman’s Revenge (The Hanna Duology, #2)
  • The Swan Riders (Prisoners of Peace, #2)
  • Smash & Grab
  • Diplomatic Immunity
  • A Little Taste of Poison (Uncommon Magic, #2)
  • The Last True Love Story
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • I'm Not Your Manic Pixie Dream Girl
  • The Ends of the World (The Conspiracy of Us, #3)
  • Rose & Thorn (Ash & Bramble, #2)
  • The Immortal Throne (Into the Dark, #3)
  • The Architect of Song (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #1)
  • Untitled (Gates of Thread and Stone, #3)
  • Fire and Heist
  • Spectacle (Menagerie, #2)
  • Untitled (Many-Worlds, #3)
  • Bound by Blood and Sand
YA author of the LOCK & MORI series (available from S&S BFYR). Awkward Witch of the Forest. High Cat Lady of Reno. Kdrama addiction specialist.
More about Heather W. Petty...

Lock & Mori (3 books)
  • Lock & Mori (Lock & Mori, #1)
  • Untitled (Lock & Mori, #3)