Start by marking “Babymouse #17: Extreme Babymouse” as Want to Read:
Babymouse #17: Extreme Babymouse

Babymouse #17: Extreme Babymouse (Babymouse #17)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  400 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Grab your board! The powder's fresh and Babymouse is hitting the slopes in the 17th installment of the popular, award-winning graphic novel series by Matthew Holm and three-time Newbery Honor winner Jennifer L. Holm! (Uh, snowboarding, Babymouse? Is that really a good idea? You don't exactly have a good history with . . . er, being outside). Will Babymouse make it off the ...more
Published by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Babymouse #17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Babymouse #17

I have been a fan of Babymouse from book one. And here we are at 17 still going strong! :) A series filled with sass, smiles, cuteness, and cupcakes. This episode finds our heroine trying to survive a day on the slopes snowboarding under extreme pressure to follow the cool crowd. Can Babymouse find her own way?

”It’s important to go at your own pace and always listen to your inner voice.”

My love for this series often surprises my friends and family because the color pink gives me full blown night
Leah
Extreme Babymouse by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm was a comic style book. This book and series of books stars Babymouse, an adventurous, silly, young mouse. In this particular book, Babymouse wants to go snowboarding. Everyone in school is talking about and actually snowboarding during the winter months. Babymouse wants to be part of all the fun and do extreme snowboarding. Once she finally convinces her family to let her go, she wants to impress and keep up with her school classmates by go ...more
Maxbfunk
Positives/Cautions: I was on the fence about this graphic novel right up until the last four pages. Thankfully it assuaged my worst fear, and proved itself to have a good deal of merit. The art style is cute, if not a little sloppy. The humor is strong, with a good use of non-sequiturs that elementary schoolers will appreciate (especially the ones whose parents let them watch Family Guy). Though it is clearly designed for girls, with pink being the only color frequently shown, the material could ...more
Sarah D'Arco
Another fun installment of the Babymouse series! Babymouse takes to the slopes and learns to snowboard. At first, she is most concerned with doing what all of her friends are doing and sticking with the crowd, but eventually learns to listen to her inner voice. Fans of other Babymouse books will love this great addition to the collection!
Will Medina
As a kid who goes to school with people carrying all the latest fashion trends and lifestyles its kind of hard not to want to be exactly like everybody else. This graphic novel is original because it demonstrates the art of standing up to peer pressure and listening to your inner voice.
Many kids face peer pressure on a day to day basis and thanks to Babymouse they have a way of standing against peer pressure even if that act is as simple as eating a cupcake. In the beginning of the book everyo
Kellee
Love the allusions that Babymouse always has! I think I'm going to start reading them aloud to my students- will bring about great discussions. And of course, Babymouse always learns a lesson.
Donalyn
Another great installment in the Babymouse series. It was awesome to see Lunch Lady make a guest appearance on the slopes!
Donalyn
Another great installment in the Babymouse series. I loved seeing Lunch Lady make a special appearance on the slopes.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
I love the reference to the Lunch Lady. :-) And yes, this one was so much fun.
Callie Stillion
I enjoyed reading Extreme Babymouse. There were lots of laughs, but lots of things that made me kinda think, "What`s going to happen?" Especially in the end, where Babymouse hears the, "Meow," and it turns out to be Felicia, in pain.
But other than that, it was pretty funny. Going to a ski/snowboarding resort, taking beginner lessons. Oh, wow, Babymouse couldn`t stand being with little kids that way.
Anyway, I think Graphic novel lovers would love this book.
Mallory Dreiling
Dolly
Jan 27, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is the seventeenth book in the Babymouse series by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. The plot centers on Babymouse's experiences trying to learn how to snowboard.

As usual, things don't work out very smoothly for Babymouse, but she does learn that "sometimes it's good not to be like everybody else."

Our youngest really likes these books. They are quick reads and she read this book in less than a half hour. I think I read it in half that. We've read this series very quickly and now that we'v
Kaethe
Everyone is going snowboarding. Babymouse gets to go too, but her trip isn't as cool as Felicia's, nor as her own fantasies. I particularly loved the ending.

The one thing I really miss, though, is a best friend. It doesn't have to be Wilson, she can have someone else, but he books seem to be all about Babymouse versus Felicia, and I'd like to see more of the friends she does have.

Library copy.
Wendy
I love Babymouse! She dreams big and envisions herself as succeeding! The humor is in the exact opposite happening:) Babymouse's mom is sarcastic, which creates adult humor as well. It is a great graphic novel with a short amount of reading. The humor makes it a fun read for any age. My grandma, 88, enjoyed hearing it when we read it with her this weekend. At any rate, I liked that Babymouse was able to snowboard by the end of the book too:)
Carly
This exciting comic book follows a little mouse named Babymouse as she wants to go snowboarding to fit in with her fellow classmates. I thought that this is an exciting book that takes the reader on an adventure as Babymouse finds that sometimes it is better not to follow the in crowd, but follow your own beliefs. I have never really enjoyed comic books, but if this series was around when I was kid, I would have enjoyed reading them. This book would be good for a little kid because there are a l ...more
• I liked that it used humor to show fear when Babymouse. Also the author used relatable nursery rhymes like humpty dumpty and the ugly duckling. However, I would not use this in my classroom due to the immature level.
• Guidance lesson on peer pressure or fitting in with others, this is more a female directed book, Grades 1-3
• (2013, Oct 7). Horn Book Guide. http://www.booksinprint.com/DetailedV...
Jodie
Laurel and I read this book together and we both really enjoyed it. Fun story and fun pictures. Love the message of listening to your inner voice.
Brenda Kahn
Babymouse continues to delight in this 17th installment.
Shelli
This is 17th book in the entertaining graphic novel in the Babymouse series. I highly recommend these books for reluctant or low level readers (particularly girls). In this installment Babymouse becomes obsessed with the idea of snowboarding. It seems to be the only thing her classmates are talking about and Babymouse doesn't want to be the only one not hitting the slopes. As always Babymouse can be a bit of a brat and a drama queen. In the end she learns a valuable lesson though about listening ...more
Rebecca
Babymouse's inner voice is a lot like mine :)
Tara
the kid loved it. EXTREME!
The Styling Librarian
Extreme Babymouse by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm - Oh my goodness, I never tire of reading Babymouse books! This one was a fantastic example of how to deal with peer pressure, listen to your inner voice, and have fun in the process... I love the voices in the story and love the strength of the storytelling still on book 17. I also love that numerous boys and girls are huge fans of Babymouse and Lunch Lady in my school, celebration to reading graphic novels!
Mackenna Brooks
Extreme Babymouse was a very cute book. I think this is a good book for both male and female students. Babymouse decides to go snowboarding, and not just regular snowboarding.....extreme snowboarding! Babymouse is not the first person you would think would go snowboarding, so reader's are unsure if Babymouse is even going to make it out alive. Extreme Babymouse is a good book for emergent readers in grades one or two.
Diane
"I guess sometimes it's good not to be like everybody else"

Everybody is going snowboarding on the weekend. Babymouse wants to go, too, but she's a beginner. Should she hang with the others who are taking the more dangerous hills? Or should she listen to her "inner voice" that is telling her she's not ready for that challenge yet?

A great message for young students.
Cindy
Now my all-time favorite Babymouse - could be because I'm totally biased since I love the snow, mountains, and especially snowboarding. :) and an appearance by Lunch Lady! But overall, I love that yet again Babymouse is taking a risk at trying something new, and in the end listens to her "inner voice." I loved it.
Read  Ribbet
Babymouse continues in a face your fears story with snowboarding and the slopes at the center. In the end we have a nice message about knowing your limits. Accessible graphic novel to put into the hands of the reluctant reader so they might venture into the other titles in this series.
Julie
Babymouse wants to hit the slopes! She wants to be like evryone else. Will she learn to follow her inner voice? This is a good book. The book says,"I guess sometimes it's good not to be like evryone else." I think it sends a good message to children in regards to trying to fit in.
Alaina Sloo
Part of a light, funny graphic novel series for children grades 2-4, following a little girl mouse through the trials and tribulations of growing up. Lots of pink. In this one, Babymouse goes snowboarding for the first time and learns something about bragging.
  • Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)
  • The Great American Dust Bowl
  • Odd Duck
  • Benjamin Bear in Bright Ideas
  • Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever (Bink & Gollie, #3)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run
  • Like Bug Juice on a Burger (Eleanor, #2)
  • Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: One Dead Spy
  • Binky Takes Charge (Binky)
  • The Misadventures of Salem Hyde: Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)
  • Bluffton: My Summers with Buster Keaton
  • Earthling!
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade
  • Crankee Doodle
  • Giants Beware!
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan
Jennifer L. Holm is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling children's author and the recipient of three Newbery Honors for her novels OUR ONLY MAY AMELIA, PENNY FROM HEAVEN, and TURTLE IN PARADISE.

Jennifer collaborates with her brother, Matthew Holm, on two graphic novel series -- the Eisner Award-winning Babymouse series and the bestselling Squish series. She is also the author of several other highly pra
More about Jennifer L. Holm...

Babymouse (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1)
  • Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
  • Heartbreaker (Babymouse, #5)
  • Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)
  • Skater Girl (Babymouse, #7)
  • Puppy Love (Babymouse, #8)
  • Monster Mash (Babymouse, #9)
  • Babymouse: The Musical (Babymouse, #10)
Turtle in Paradise Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1) Penny from Heaven Our Only May Amelia (May Amelia, #1) Super Amoeba (Squish, #1)