Start by marking “The Dragon (G.O.N.Y. - Double Dragon #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon (G.O.N.Y. - Double Dragon #2)

The Dragon (G.O.N.Y. - Double Dragon #2)

BOOK 2

Sequel to The Masseuse

Never tickle a sleeping dragon…

Past events have changed Ramsey Stone. In place of the warm, loving masseuse now stands a ruthless man with one pressing goal: revenge. No matter the cost, Ramsey will have his vengeance.

Jezebel Carter has come to the realization that the man she knew and loved doesn’t exist. Heartbroken and angry, Jezebel is f
Kindle Edition, 1
Published November 21st 2013 by VAD Publishing (first published November 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon

Anino
Ok, so this is my 2nd if not 3rd time, reading this book. IMO, Violette Dubrinsky was simply one of the best Romance writers on the market. Forget about genre classifications, because the Chica was just that good.

I use the word "was," because I don't know if she is dead or alive, but I do know this, that this Chick has managed to enthrall her readers with a few superfantastic reads, and then she just closed up shop, by snatching her books from Amazon and other retailers, and not to mention, she
Lauryn King
Jan 02, 2014 Lauryn King rated it it was amazing
Ramsey, Ramsey, Ramsey!

description

I liked that this book delved deeper into Ramsey. You do not piss off an alpha male like Ramsey Stone and live to tell about it. *Spoiler Alert* This book was much darker because of the death of his niece and him seeking answers and retribution. I love how he was still showing care and concern for Jezebel and the baby throughout the entire book. I love Violette's use of the phrase, "Never tickle a sleeping dragon..." because it perfectly describes the intensity of how far
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
Nov 22, 2013 DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewes
What can I say about this book; pure literary genius, that's what! Violette Dubrinsky has producted another genius 5 (plus some) read. The Dragon is a great follow up to the Masseuse. This story has a great plot that grips you from the first page to the last page. The storyline flow is perfect and character interaction is flawless. I went through so many emotions in this book and stayed on the edge of my seat. I could actually see myself as an observer in the background of this tale (movie ...more
☆Monica
Nov 23, 2013 ☆Monica rated it it was amazing
This sequel was so good! I just finished it and want to read it again because it is that good. Thank you Ms. Dubrinsky for such great story and beautiful ending. Usually sequels do not measure up to the first but this one did. I would recommend it for anyone who wants a quality story. This not just an interracial love story but a story of a love that we all want with some action and mystery thrown in. Well done
Pam Smith
Jan 18, 2015 Pam Smith rated it it was amazing
Now I so wanna see Vince happy wit Lilah lol. This was an awesome end to an amazing story.
Sameh
Nov 26, 2016 Sameh rated it it was amazing
i loved and loved and loved the two books .... <3
Monica
Nov 22, 2013 Monica rated it really liked it
This book starts right after "The Masseuse" leaving no time between which I really liked, becuase it flowed from the last book and it would be easy to jump into the story even if you never read the first novel.

Where the first novel was more about romance I really felt that this story really focused more on the crime aspect and KJRS need for revenge. The mystery/suspect element was not without it's highlights, but overall didn't work for me. There were questions--who was responsible for Lily's de
oshawnteexo
I'm happy with the ending

Trials and tribulations is all I can say about this sequel. Ramsey and Jezebel needed all of the strength they had in this book. As oppose to the the first book where there only issue was Ramsey traveling a lot. This book is all about patience and understanding.

A lot has gone down with Ram and Jez they're been the brought through the wringer. I'm surprised they still had their love for each other with all of those trials and tribulations. All the betrayal taking place a
Norma Smith
Jan 17, 2014 Norma Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-r-romance
The story of Ramsey Stone and Jezebel Carter was a great read in love's saving grace. The book the Dragon was my favoraite of the 2. The twist and turns in this romance story was worth the ride. Ramsey is a man who loves hard and will do what's needed to be done to protect the ones he loves. Jezebel is a strong willed woman who loves the dragon who she fears and loves at the sametime. If you want a great romance to bite your teeth into start with the Masseuse to see how Ramsey and Jezebel find ...more
Icy
Apr 07, 2014 Icy rated it liked it
I loved the first and thought the second would have me just as much. Before I was half way done I was contemplating putting the book down for good. It was lagging and I was so tired of Jez. How could someone supposedly be so smart yet so stupid. You're are asking questions but general question to where no answer answered anything just made more questions. I just wanted to shake her and yell "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU". I forced myself to finish this because I paid for it. I love when a ...more
Kim
This book lost a bit of steam for me coming off of such a high from the first book. I just didn't like all the distance between Ramsey and Jezebel. I understood it was necessary for the plot to seem feasible, but a lot of that fire was missing. Ramsey didn't feel like a mob boss to me. He seemed like he was just playing a roll which he kind of was since he really wasn't into that job. He wanted his life with Jez more, so the whole boss thing wasn't completely believable for me. The outcome was ...more
Natasha
It seems that a lot of people are gaga for Ramsey Stone. I, unfortunately, am not one of them. I just had a hard time with what he became after (view spoiler). I understand family loyalty but it went a little far for me with (view spoiler). As the book went on, I didn't really understand why Jezebel still loved Ramsey. (view spoiler) ...more
Kristin
Jan 04, 2014 Kristin rated it it was amazing
I just read Masseuse and Dragon in one day. Ms. Durbinsky has placed herself solidly on my favorite authors list. I've read other books that she's written but these two are by far my favorite. I don't normally like strong stubborn women, but I found myself drawn to Jezebelle because underneath all that she was still a woman and she made no excuses for being a strong one. I also loved Ramsey, considering he was the head of a crime family, with Jezebelle he remained the same caring, loving man he ...more
Keisha
Jul 06, 2016 Keisha rated it it was amazing
It has been a while since I have picked up a book that was not PNR and even longer since I have grabbed a book and did not want to put it down! Dubrinsky has won me over, did I mention that I am not into mobbish/gangsta books?

A few things grated on my nerves, but I could see those things happening though I didn't like it. Great twists and turns. I liked the complexity of Ramsey. I also liked that we were finally able to have all questions answered.

Great adult story, adult situations, adult lan
Tina
I don't think I am the intended audience for this one. I do like this author she is a great storyteller. But this book just didn't completely work for me in the end.

The entirety of the book has us all mired in this criminal underworld. It is claustrophobic and for much of the book Jezebel is utterly powerless. She had no agency whatsoever. I could somewhat put up with the story of Ramsey's redemption. But I had to sit through Jezebel's inertia to get there.

Full Review at Booklikes
Christine Johnson
Excellent read!

After reading the Masseuse I couldn't wait to download this book. And I'm so happy I did. I couldn't wait to finish reading Jaz and Ramsey's story and to see what happened between them. Both of them tried to push the other away. Jaz tried to push Ramsey away because of who he was and the lies he told. Ramsey tried to push Jaz away to keep her safe but the love they had to one another wouldn't allow for them to be apart. If you have not read the Masseuse or The Dragon you should.
Deloris
Nov 24, 2013 Deloris rated it really liked it
I love Violette Dubrinksy is one of my favorite writers and I love Ramsey and Jez this book is good but different from the first story. This book is more serious and dark we get to know who The Dragon really is and he is lethal we learn more about his family. Ram is sexy in this book but he is so attentive with Jez's pregnancy its cute the questions he asked at the doctors exams were comical . I enjoyed reading this book and I hope I get to read more about this group of characters.
Ese
Nov 15, 2015 Ese rated it really liked it
Shelves: am-bw
I like the first book more than the second one only because I like the blossoming of their love. I LOVE Violette Dubrinsky. Her writing and the details she puts in her books always make me Happy.
I am a huge fan of Korean Culture and so I enjoyed this book thoroughly and would recommend it has great action and great fiery romance from Jezebel and Ramsey... I love alpha males .. so I am super satisfied with this book
Bonnie
Jan 06, 2015 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
How far will you go to protect your family and loved ones? How far would you go to protect your family from your family? This book answers that question beautifully.

Ramsey is a very determined man who will stop at nothing to protect his family even when it came to protecting his family from his family.

5 delicious stars for a beautiful ending.
Mspraise50
Nov 25, 2013 Mspraise50 rated it it was amazing
This is a 2 book series which was a real page turner. Love conquered all in the end because that is what true love does! Jezebel Carter made Ramsey Stone work for her love and he had to change in order to keep her in his life. Excellent read, would highly recommend this series to anyone who loves, drama, mystery, intrigue, action in their reading!
Zinzi
Jan 04, 2015 Zinzi rated it it was amazing
Ok. I officially like this author!!

This book was a great read. Wasn't too fast paced and not too slow either. Short, but great series. I hope there's a novella or something, that gives us a glimpse in their lives after the dragon....

This makes want to keep reading IRR books. This author is so good at writing them, so I'll keep reading them.
Connie
Wow! This book has everything except a dragon! It has family drama, love, romance, gang wars(Double Dragon), murder, kidnapping, betrayal and revenge. The story is interesting and fast paced. The characters are well-developed and engaging. Totally shocking who the real "bad-guy" turned out to be! I really loved this two part series!
Tona
Jul 09, 2014 Tona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book!

I really really enjoyed this book. It had a little bit of everything. There was mystery,betrayal, murder, heartbreak and romance, all set to an international backdrop.The characters were fully developed, exposed and explored. I didn't want it to end.
Victoria
Oct 17, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it
ok this book did not have the same feel as thefirst. I believe they could have been combined and not released as two stand alone books. this was a (3.5)... read for me.. some of it seemed forced to make up the story.....just an okay read for me.
Nikki
Oct 04, 2014 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-to-z-2014
love the ending! thank goodness no cliffhanger! jezebel and ramsey are a perfect match. and i'm going to stop here because i don't want to give anything away. you cannot go wrong in reading both books. i'm a new fan of violette dubrinsky. well done!
Karen's Bookshelf
In this sequel to The Masseuse, Ms Dubrinsky does it again. The Dragon was a thrill ride from beginning to end. This story has it all, romance, betrayal, and a lot of drama. The chemistry between Ramsey and Jezebel proves that true love, no matter what comes along, will not be denied.
SAe
Sep 09, 2016 SAe rated it it was amazing
I can't tell you how many times I've read this book along with part one. This book and author is seriously under-rated.
Ladyamelia
Nov 27, 2013 Ladyamelia rated it really liked it
This was just as good as the first book, with a bit more suspense and drama thrown in the mix. And of course, there was a nice amount of steamy love scenes. ;-)
Lucretia Garrett
Mar 03, 2014 Lucretia Garrett rated it it was amazing
This was a real action packed whodunit but I like the love story and the adventure...The strong female and sensitive male really made this book special I will be reading more by Mrs. Dubrinsky...
Lace
Jan 01, 2014 Lace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can not get enough of the characters of this book or any of this authors works. I just purchase the books without reading the synopsis because they are that good.
  • Avarice (Alfonzo,#12)
  • The Throwaway Year
  • La Famiglia  (Battaglia Mafia #4)
  • Beyond the Breaking Point
  • A Life Sublime
  • His Best Man's Baby
  • Chayton's Tempest (The Megalodon Team #8)
  • Full Circle  (Full Circle, #1)
  • When Saint Goes Marching In (The Saint Series #2)
A romantic at heart, Violette Dubrinsky enjoys creating intricate situations and placing entertaining characters into them. She is currently the author of Fallen and Bound, the first and second books in her latest Saga, the Dark Gods. Within the year, she intends to release a fantasy-saga, a werewolf saga, and stand alone contemporary romances. She can be reached at violettedubrinsky@gmail.com.
More about Violette Dubrinsky...

G.O.N.Y. - Double Dragon (2 books)
  • The Masseuse (G.O.N.Y. - Double Dragon #1)