Start by marking “Idea War: Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Idea War: Volume 1

Idea War: Volume 1 (Idea War #1)

did not like it 1.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  0 Reviews
Sixteen-year-old Callie Baxter refuses to just sit tight and accept the invaders who have occupied her city. Underneath the new Government’s façade of order and fairness lies the ugly reason for its being here, and it’s up to Callie’s group of underground rebels to expose its brutal objective.

She’s worked hard to keep her fledgling group of passionate rebels alive, but as
Published by Wordsmack (first published November 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Idea War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Idea War

Bee
What a great start to what I assume will be a longer story. Set in Johannesburg after Chinese occupation in 2050 or so. I loved the gritty feel of my hometown in it's new brooding hatred of the occupying forces. Dark and angry and very well written. I can't wait to read the rest
Naama
Jan 16, 2014 Naama rated it it was amazing
At some point before this novel begins, well into the 2050s, the Chinese Custodial Authority, or CCA, has taken ownership of South Africa. The world is slowly being destroyed by the Oil Wars and within South Africa, a microcosm of this world starts to play out. Callie, and the other members of the anti-CCA rebel alliance are fighting tooth and nail against the propaganda and violence that have stemmed from this new Oriental government, but the only way to fight violence, is with violence.

Though
Megan (The Book Babe)
Idea War Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.

I'm going to start off by saying thatIdea Warwas actually a pretty interesting read, but by clocking it in at around 54 pages, I feel like I just didn't get the immersion in this book that I typically like. I'm more of a novel girl.

If I'd readIdea Warat full length, the complete story, I feel like I would have liked it more. Making it so short kind of left me with this feeling of an unresolved ending. I didn't understand a lot of the society or the
Louise
Dec 04, 2013 Louise rated it it was amazing
I can't wait to read the next one! This short, but powerful book leaves you with more questions than answers, sure, but I couldn't put it down. It is action-packed and fun and yet it touches on some real and serious issues. I love that is is set in Joburg - a city that is already complex and in this dystopian future just gets more so.
Nerine Dorman
Feb 11, 2015 Nerine Dorman rated it it was amazing
Very short and obviously meant as a serial, this is how YA dystopias *should* read: dark and gritty.
Khin Kyaw
Aug 13, 2015 Khin Kyaw rated it liked it
This is the first part of an action-packed YA series. It's not a full length novel but worth a read purely for the sociopolitical viewpoint, even though it relies heavily negative Asian stereotypes. The pacing is good and the characters are engaging. I'd like to see the complete series in one publication.
Kopano
Kopano rated it did not like it
Nov 09, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Peggy
Peggy rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Asia Mulan
Asia Mulan rated it liked it
May 22, 2015
Leani Wessels
Leani Wessels rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Lauren Smith
Lauren Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Gina
Gina is currently reading it
Jan 10, 2014
Zarked
Zarked marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Robbyn
Robbyn marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Ms. McFaul
Ms. McFaul marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Saloni Rana
Saloni Rana marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Sonia Gouws
Sonia Gouws marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Stephen Friedman
Stephen Friedman marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Ina
Ina marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Adrik Tan
Adrik Tan marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Radiya
Radiya is currently reading it
Jun 06, 2016
I've been writing sci-fi, horror and urban magic short stories since 2006 and had several stories published in Something Wicked. In 2011 I won the South African Science Fiction and Fantasy's South African division of the Nova Short Story contest for my sci-fi piece "Taal". I also moonlights as an Urban Planning student at Wits.
I'm currently dreaming of free public transport and Internet access and
More about Abi Godsell...