Start by marking “Os Venenos da Coroa” as Want to Read:
Os Venenos da Coroa

Os Venenos da Coroa (The Accursed Kings #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  4,102 Ratings  ·  200 Reviews
Apenas alguns meses depois da morte de Filipe, o Belo, os conflitos, as intrigas, os ódios e a luta pelo poder ameaçam submergir a França numa instabilidade devastadora. O legado de três décadas de eficácia administrativa, económica e política escapou-se como água por entre as mãos de Luís X, que permitiu a confrontação entre ministros burgueses e nobres conservadores se s ...more
Published 2006 by Círculo de Leitores (first published 1956)

To ask other readers questions about Os Venenos da Coroa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Os Venenos da Coroa

Kalliope

On the third volume of the saga of The Accursed Kings, the demise of the Capet dynasty continues, even if the various personalities did not know it yet.

The subtitles to each volume already indicate the episode that will be developed. Poison. And therefore death of the first of the accursed three sons of Philippe IV, Louis X (1289-1316).

In general, Druon follows rather closely the historical events, and his factual content is supplemented by the generous use of the footnotes, which I do not want
José
Jan 09, 2017 José rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 estrellas: Excelente libro, la saga se pone cada vez mejor. Si les interesa conocer los libros que inspiraron las intrigas políticas que George R.R Martin presenta en Canción de Hielo y Fuego, entonces tienen que leer la saga de Los Reyes Malditos.
Sarah u
I loved The Iron King, the first Accursed Kings novel. The second novel, The Strangled Queen, was not as good, but readable enough.

This book, though- I have no idea what has happened. Has something been lost in translation? Have my tastes changed so quickly? This just didn't feel like a novel to me. I read novels to be told a story. This didn't feel like a story. I didn't like being told to refer to the previous books or endnotes in a story, I didn't like reading page after page with no convers
Gabrielle
Ah, Mahaut of Artois! I’ll never understand why you are not better known as one of the greatest villains of literature! You will stop at nothing to defeat your nephew Robert and put your own lineage closer to the throne of France. Plotting, murder, witchcraft, nothing is too extreme for you!

I am such a huge fan of this series of historical novels about the Capetian line and the beginning of the Hundred Year war. The language is clean yet poetic, the intrigue so deliciously detailed and the chara
Samantha
I had a difficult time rating this book. Here's my problem:

My books rated 4 stars could be really, really good but missing that *something* that would make them 5-star. They could also be better than average - good enough that I would feel bad giving them three stars.

My books rated 3 stars range between not quite bad enough to give only 2 stars to and average. Nothing to write home about.

So when I rate this book 3 stars (thank you BookLikes for enabling me to make it 3.5), I feel like I may be g
Richard Hannay
Jan 22, 2016 Richard Hannay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: french, 2016
Druon sigue tejiendo la endiablada tela que marca el fin de la prodigiosa dinastia de los capetos (al menos de los directos, antes de ser reemplazados por la rama Valois de la familia). En este tercer libro cuenta la historia de Louis X le Hutin. De los tres errores que hacen detestable la mayoría de la novela histórica, Druon evita limpiamento los dos primeros: el anacronismo (caso por ejemplo de "Los Pilares de la Tierra" en la que Ken Follet manda a una familia de hippies californianos a hace ...more
Elspeth G. Perkin
The Poisoned Crown (The Accursed Kings, Book 3) is another literary gem in the crown of author Maurice Druon's legacy. Simply this is a brilliant series that illustrates sublime research, distinct writing mastery and should not be missed by those who love classic historical fiction. The Poisoned Crown is the third installment of The Accursed Kings series which follows the shattered reigns of the House of Capet. Each novel continues the saga of the previous installment and I would strongly encour ...more
Kinturray
Jun 21, 2015 Kinturray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELENTE... :)

Tras el trono un variado grupo de jugadores juega el juego de tronos. Los frutos de los actos e intrigas que leímos en el primer y segundo libro aún se están cosechando. Aumenta el caos social, el reino se vuelve inestable, y acrecían los enemigos internos y externos. Flandes parece un enemigo acérrimo y resistente. La alta nobleza no se doblega dócilmente frente a la Corona. El Artois sigue en disputa, al borde de la guerra civil y la ingobernabilidad. Las pequeñas y grandes enem
Mathieu
Jul 29, 2011 Mathieu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Et hop ! Troisième tome, deuxième roi expédié ! La farandole continue !

On suit ici les quelques mois du règne de louis X qui suivent l'exécution de sa première femme. Ce volume est essentiellement centré sur les affaires d'Artois et le tout nouveau couple royal. Mahaut d'Artois et Robert continuent de se mesurer par alliés interposés.

C'est toujours du même niveau : excellent, tant du point de vue de la langue que de l'intrigue, les personnages étant très haut en couleurs (mention spéciale à Spin
Eduardo
Jun 13, 2014 Eduardo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melhor que o primeiro, ligeiramente mais fraco que o segundo, mas acima de tudo épico.
Marina
3rd installment in "The Accursed Kings" series.
Princess Clementia arrives at France after a terrible storm at sea (which, among other things she considers to be an ill omen for her marriage) to meet her fiancee king Louis, who meanwhile goes to an ill-fated war against Flanders.
Jeanne of Burgundy, the one sister-in-law of Isabella of France not guilty of adultery, but only of aiding and abetting, is released from her confinement and reunited with her husband Philippe of Poitiers.
Guccio and Marie
Lisa
Apr 27, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
This one seems to take more liberties with history than the previous two entries. This tale continues the short reign of Louis X and how in ten short months undid a lot of the work of his predecessor. The questions around Louis' death is explored fully in this chapter. The side story continues with the Lombard banker Guccio's quest to marry the woman he is in love with. This story is almost more interesting than the main story line, since this one demonstrates the absurdity of the nobility to ma ...more
Mieczyslaw Kasprzyk
Another step forward in the tale of the Cursed Kings and everything is definitely going downhill for the French monarchy. The new king, Louis, having done away with his adulterous wife, has taken a new, beautiful but moral one and actually changed from incompetent buffoon to holy idiot. Those around him are manipulating the situation to suit their own end, chief amongst them, Mahaut and Robert in their struggle against each other to control Artois. Meanwhile we follow the adventures of Guccio, f ...more
Ella
Jun 22, 2016 Ella rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: francais, classics
[Première lecture en 2009] 3e tome de la majestueuse sage de Maurice Druon.

Dans ce tome, nous observons les conséquences de la mort de Marguerite de Bourgogne sur le court règne de Louis X. D'ailleurs, le tome entier tourne autour des déboires conjugaux du Hutin, ce qui est étonnamment un sujet fascinant.

Un tome plus court et moins intriguant que les autres, surtout dominé par la bonne reine Clémence et toujours plus de déboires entre Mahaut et son neveu Robert pour l'Artois. On sent déjà poindr
Mdelv
Jul 22, 2014 Mdelv rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La narrativa de Druon va en crescendo con cada libro que leo de esta saga. No puedo esperar poner mis ojos sobre ‘La Ley de Los Varones'.

He de decir que este libro adictivo me ha hecho ver la historia (quizás historiografía) de un modo distinto, con un estilo particular me he prendado de sus personajes, de Francia y de su historia.
Crideglace
Feb 04, 2016 Crideglace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ce livre me fait vibrer, j'avais oublié en m'arrêtant avec la Reine étranglée comment je pouvais me perdre dans un roman et manquer ma station de métro.
Les personnages sont attachants, complexes... Bref j'adore et je ne résiste pas à lire le 4ème tome qui le suit.
Heather
I am, admittedly, a little addicted to this series. I know it's not amazing literature, but it's fantastic, fast-paced story telling. More than once, you will ask yourself, did this really happen? Then you will google it and realize it in fact did happen.
20012206
Dec 09, 2013 20012206 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016-120
Cada vez hay mas intrigas y se ve como el poder corrompe a las personas
es un libro pesado pero muy interesante
Cristina Sburlea
I am so in love with this novel
Hector
No es tan bueno como los libros anteriores, sin embargo tiene suficiente drama para ser entretenido.
Elena
3.75 stars.
I enjoyed it slightly less than the first two books, but it remains a fully enjoyable read, and I am very curious to read the next novel in the series.
Mark Ellis
Feb 24, 2014 Mark Ellis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely superb as were the two previous volumes in the series. Can't wait to read the fourth.
Sara Giacalone
These books are an easy read, full of interesting tidbits (as well as some historical inaccuracies). I like the author's occasional pithy statements and remarks.
Clarissa
Sep 17, 2013 Clarissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think I would ever finish this book. It was almost as awful as The Hutin himself.
Rogelio Delfín Chávez
Feb 27, 2017 Rogelio Delfín Chávez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: aficionados a novelas históricas
En esta secuela de La reina estrangulada, vemos cómo el reinado de Luis X El Obstinado se transforma ligeramente gracias a la llegada de la nueva reina de Francia, Clemencia de Hungría. Sin embargo, la influencia del conde de Valois le sigue acarreando problemas y conflictos.

Maurice Druon continúa describiendo la historia de los Reyes Malditos, y los personajes alrededor de ellos, de una forma entretenida y cautivadora. Como siempre, su trabajo de investigación brilla de capítulo a capítulo.
Juan Pulido
Nov 14, 2016 Juan Pulido rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are read in a heartbeat!
Patrick St-Denis
Even though I'm French Canadian, it's thanks to George R. R. Martin that I recently discovered the excellent The Accursed Kings by French author Maurice Druon. Having enjoyed both The Iron King and The Strangled Queen, I was curious to see what the third installment would have in store for readers.

But unlike its predecessors, The Poisoned Crown failed to live up to expectations, through no fault of the author. Indeed, it has more to do with the fact that the book focuses on Louis X's brief reig
Jinny (Lost-At-Sea Book Reviews)
Book number three of The Accursed Kings series. Last we left off, Louis X was still on the throne, his wife had just conveniently left the picture for him, and he was setting his eyes on Princess Clemence of Hungary. Louis had already shown himself to be a bumbling idiot of a king who cannot handle being wrong on anything, so let’s see how he continues to ruin his father’s legacy in this book.

In The Poisoned Crown, Louis successfully becomes betrothed and then, married to Princess Clemence of Hu
MrsRK
Dec 31, 2016 MrsRK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This would be a 4.5 star instead of 5, but this site unfortunately does not allow it; so, I'll go with 5. As in the prior volumes, this is jam-packed with historical facts and tidbits. So, if you do not enjoy historical and very detailed researched books, this might not the one for you. One of the things I enjoy mostly about this series are the historical notes on the back of the book, as well as the brief biographies. My only complaint, once more, is that the book is not long enough!

I was fasc
  • Chicot the Jester (The Last Valois, #2)
  • Fortune de France (Fortune de France, #1)
  • L'Allée du Roi
  • Роксолана
  • Young Henry of Navarre
  • Aphrodite
  • Las legiones malditas (Publio Cornelio Escipión, #2)
  • La reine soleil
  • Aliénor d'Aquitaine
  • El prisionero enmascarado
  • Castile for Isabella (Isabella and Ferdinand, #1)
  • The Siege of Isfahan
  • The Levant Trilogy
  • The Chatelet Apprentice (Nicolas Le Floch, #1)
  • El imperio eres tú
  • The Truth of the Matter
  • Saga Sigrun (Północna Droga, #1)
Maurice Druon was born in Paris. He is the nephew of the writer Joseph Kessel, with whom he wrote the Chant des Partisans, which, with music composed by Anna Marly, was used as an anthem by the French Resistance during the Second World War.

In 1948 he received the Prix Goncourt for his novel Les grandes familles. On December 8, 1966, he was elected to the 30th seat of the Académie française, succee
More about Maurice Druon...

The Accursed Kings (7 books)
  • El rey de hierro (Los Reyes Malditos, #1)
  • La reina estrangulada (Los Reyes Malditos, #2)
  • La ley de los varones (Los Reyes Malditos, #4)
  • La loba de Francia (Los Reyes Malditos, #5)
  • La flor de lis y el león (Los Reyes Malditos, #6)
  • De cómo un rey perdió Francia (Los Reyes Malditos, #7)