Start by marking “The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!” as Want to Read:

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  3,413 Ratings  ·  285 Reviews
Is the financial plan of mediocrity-a dream-stealing, soul-sucking dogma known as The Slowlane-your plan for creating wealth? You know how it goes-go to school, get a good job, save 10 percent of your paycheck, buy a used car, cancel the movie channels, quit drinking expensive Starbucks mocha lattes, save and penny-pinch your life away, trust your life-savings to the stock ...more
Published January 4th 2011 by Viperion Publishing Corp (first published November 8th 2010)

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThe Millionaire Fastlane by M.J. DeMarcoEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
CEO 10k a day
2nd out of 109 books — 35 voters
The Art of Startup Fundraising by Alejandro CremadesElegant Entrepreneur by Danielle   TateThe Lean Startup by Eric RiesDrive by Daniel H. PinkThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Boostcamp #6
7th out of 30 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Kingshuk Mukherjee
Rule number 1 of how to/self help/business books- take advice from people who have lived what they wrote. If they are primarily writers and public speakers, and that is their business model, toss the book and move on. The best advice comes from people who have lived it. On to this book-

I don't know why, but some of my favorite business books have had the scammiest titles ever. Regardless, this book has made me go "oh shit I didn't think of that" just about every other page. I'm glad I read this
Ben Love
Dec 04, 2013 Ben Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No no no… not another get-rich-quick book???!!! Except it’s not. 113 out of 125 reviews on Amazon rated this five stars and left a ton of positive comments. So I bought it to see what all the fuss is about…
Rich Dad, Poor Dad is often considered the “go to” book of this category, and I would’ve agreed until I read this. It’s also no Four Hour Work Week either.
I much prefer MJ’s approach – no B-S, practical and realistic advice, handfuls of applicable psychology to push the norms you may have come
Ben
Aug 11, 2011 Ben rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, the bad: MJ DeMarco isn't an elegant writer, nor is he particularly scholarly in the way some business-minded people are. Just take a look at his blog where he posts videos of himself sitting poolside in his mansion, wearing a backwards ball cap, and seriously discussing the parallels of a supermarket conveyor belt and business strategies.

(Read full review here: http://wp.me/pWekB-6k)

DeMarco also seems to be a lucky dot-com millionaire. He started and sold a limousine chartering website f
Cara
I'm kind of embarrassed to be reading a book with this title, but Mike Hrostoski listed it as required reading for his men's conference, plus apparently the author was interviewed on Smart Passive Income at some point and caught my eye back then, too.

So far, it's all common sense, except of course if it was that common, we'd all be rich by now.

The main important parts so far are:
- Wealth is not owning a Lamborghini. It's having enough money to have enough time for what you care about. By that st
Leo Polovets
Jul 06, 2012 Leo Polovets rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing, which surprised me because the title is so bad. No, not just bad, but cringeworthy. Despite the title, the content is golden. The author, a self-made millionaire, breaks down a lot of accepted ideas about how to build wealth (like investing in 401Ks and mutual funds) and presents superior alternatives. The main premise of the book is that the traditional road to wealth has two main problems: the road is not in your control and it’s a very, very long road. The solution is to ...more
Waseem
Dec 17, 2014 Waseem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I've read countless books on wealth creation, business and more, but this is ONE OF THE best I've reward in a long time, dare I say it if not THE best...

The author just tells it how's it says, and has the guts to expose some of the crap that the 'Gurus' teach .. The very gurus and experts although I still learn from and respect today,

But DeMarco of this book just literally spelt out what I always saw as problems in the way we are taught, even from the experts

.. Look if your reading this rev
Eartha
Feb 20, 2011 Eartha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been awhile since I've read a book that I couldn't put down. Definitely one of the most inspiring and motivating business books I have ever read.
Mac
May 06, 2013 Mac rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Screw your passion!! Well...just a bit. If there isn't a market for your passion, and if you want to be young and rich, then you need to change direction. And be smart. Those Tv programs with pretty celebrities saying you should "do what you love and money will follow" are only slightly correct. People buy your product because they like it. They don't ask you how much passion you have before a transaction is made. The following scenario never happened: "That looks horrible, but are you ...more
John
Oct 12, 2012 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really different material and whole 'nother take on getting to where you want to be. This isn't a happy, all-sunshine book on how being positive and dreaming or wishing will get you whatever you want; MJ Demarco hits you upside the head and puts the onus on you. Getting rich isn't an event, he says, but a process and this is how most people fail at getting rich.

He outlines the steps to getting there and shows you how to think. This book is about a mindset and is very well-written. Almost everyth
Roberto Zanon
Oct 12, 2016 Roberto Zanon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read
Most probably the best book ever read about business.
Will Davis
Aug 01, 2016 Will Davis rated it it was amazing
There are certain books that, as soon as you start reading them, you know that they are going to change your life. And that's the feeling that I got when I went through the first pages of The Millionaire Fastlane.

Albeit a ridiculous and misleading title (I mean, it sounds like any other "Get rich fast" book), the Millionaire Fastlane is an encyclopaedia of everything financial, especially if you're not proficient in the topic.

Creating a strong parallelism between personal finance and the world
Bryan Vest
Jun 26, 2011 Bryan Vest rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Millionaire Fastlane is an informative and engaging book. Very well written, easy to follow and more truthful than any book of this type that I have read in the past. I do not want to even compare this book to any other book because it is not like any other book, it is full of hard hitting truth. My mind had become numb over the years and I had stopped caring about my path. My idea generation engine had shut down through the doldrums of working a 9-5 and raising a family. Get up eat go to ...more
Roman
Jan 08, 2015 Roman rated it really liked it
First and foremost, I liked the book.

DeMarco's aggressive and intuitive style made this book interesting and easy to understand. However, some of the aspects I don't share with him, especially the ones he sees in loving what you are creating. For him, money is the ultimative goal that results in financial independence and you should do everything to achieve it. There is nothing wrong with it, though.

But, if you try doing something on your own, creating, designing and putting your effort into t
Fotis Chatzinicolaou
Mar 02, 2014 Fotis Chatzinicolaou rated it it was amazing
Ελικρινα δυνατό βιβλίο.

Εχω διαβάσει αρκετα βιβλία για το πως να βγάλει κάποιος λεφτά, αλλά ύστερα από αυτό, κατάλαβα ότι όλα τα άλλα ήταν μάλλον μαλακίες.

Για μένα ένα βιβλίο που σκοπό έχει να σε κάνει να θέλεις να δράσεις, πρέπει να μπορεί να σε εμπνεύσει να λάβεις δράση άμεσα, ΤΩΡΑ. Το The Millionaire Fastlane το κάνει μια χαρά αυτό.

Μην κοροϊδέψω κάποιον. Δεν λέει "κάνε το Χ και θα βγάλεις λεφτά". Όχι. Αν δεν είναι κάποιος έτοιμος να κάνει την δουλεια, να αναγνωρίσει ανάγκες ή να μπορέσει να κ
Eugene
Jul 25, 2016 Eugene rated it it was amazing
Shelves: startups
Aaron Sadhankar
Jan 15, 2016 Aaron Sadhankar rated it really liked it
This is essentially a fairly common sense guide to entrepreneurship.

A lot of the book is spent on evaluating the fallacy of traditional wealth accumulation through work "servitude". That is, working for decades during the prime of your life in order to enjoy life in old age. This book is quite insightful if you've never questioned the logic in that. If you have though, then the value in this book is limited to a few chapters that detail the process of creating something with impact that could le
Silver Kuklase
Feb 14, 2014 Silver Kuklase rated it it was amazing
If you want to be wealthy, you should probaly marry this book. I will use this book as my bible for now and apply what it teaches, because it is powerful! :)
Alex
This is one of those books that had an impact on how I see the world, but I hesitate to recommend it to anyone due to how poorly it is written. While I'm glad I read this book, I can't give it the four-star I'd like to give it for a number of reasons.

As far as entrepreneurship goes, this is my first foray into the topic. As a primer, it served that purpose well. DeMarco lays out (in broad, abstract strokes) the basics of identifying a need, providing a fix or solution for that need, and general
Costantine Plassaras
Oct 21, 2016 Costantine Plassaras rated it it was amazing
Is there any way to put 6 stars? :P :P :P :P

Just read it. It's a 6-star book. Some of you maybe disagree with MJ's opinions but either way, it's a great book to get some mindful mindset shift tips. Comprende?
Gavin Mills
Oct 02, 2016 Gavin Mills rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cringey title but a worthwhile read.
Nina
Feb 17, 2015 Nina rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Had this book been written by another author, it might have gotten a decent rating. But halfway through I stopped and skimmed the rest, and confirmed there was no way I'd keep on subjecting myself to the airs of the author. I get it, his target audience are people who "can't seem to figure out" how to get rich and want to know what the secret is. But there is a big difference between some though love and just breaking down everyone who doesn't fit your fastlane idea.

As for the 'secret', it is r
Robert
Aug 27, 2011 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really wish I had read this book when I first started out in business. It contains so many of the things that I have discovered to be true over the years but would have loved someone letting me know ahead of time and saving me the heart ache. I also found the no nonsense style of writing very appealing.

At first glance, the title of the book can be deceiving. Put those fears aside and read it, you'll be glad you did. This is a book that will challenge your perception of being financially succes
Daniel Dropuljić
Nov 03, 2014 Daniel Dropuljić rated it it was amazing
Even though to me the title sounds super corny, it turned out to be one of the best books I’ve read since it made me adjust parts of my life immediately after reading.

Message: The main message of the book was that the standard go study-get a degree-get a job-retire and be the richest man in the retirement house is a farce. This is described in the book as the slow-lane, a synonym for a life of mediocrity.

Instead he describes a fasten which basically comes down to working your ass off for a coupl
Uninvited
Mar 06, 2016 Uninvited rated it it was amazing
First of all, this book features a totally ridiculous title. And for that reason it can either put some people off, or create false expectations.
This is not a "take you by the hand and make you rich" kind of book, and it certainly isn't some feelgood Alchemistesque "believe and your dreams will come true" bullshit.
What this book offers is a way to change your mindset regarding how you see the world and the opportunities around you. Its purpose is to rewire your brain to think as a producer inste
IAM_ALICIAMARIA
Jun 13, 2014 IAM_ALICIAMARIA rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read for individuals that want to build wealth using new strategies. The book breaks up into three parts the fast lane, the slow lane, and the side lane. These three areas explain strategies that people use to build wealth . The side lane and the slow lane are common methods that people use to build wealth and are highly unsuccessful. The fast lane is the most successful method to build wealth in the long and short term. I highly recommend this book to individuals that are ...more
Mehul
Aug 07, 2016 Mehul rated it it was amazing
Read it Once, twice, thrice and again and again till you Imbibe it completely.

Like Songs Of The God (Bhagwad Gita) is a Holy book on spirituality , I would say Millionaire Fastlane is a Holy Book on business and on attaining Financial Freedom. The Best Book I have ever read in this genre. Ultimate.
Nathan Murphy
Jun 28, 2014 Nathan Murphy rated it it was amazing
This was like a combination of Rich Dad Poor Dad and The Four Hour Work Week. Whilst I'd always recommend to read all 3 I would have to say MJ does the best job on the mindset side of things. His brutal honesty makes for constant wake-up calls and self evaluations. Don't be put off by the cliche title. You won't be the same after reading it.
Clay
Sep 09, 2011 Clay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book and great advice but easier read than done. As a small business owner who is close to my number I will say I have traveled this path pretty closely. But it has taken me sixteen years and a lot of work. I can say that the most important lessons for me have been focusing on a niche and not being distracted by other opportunities. I always tell myself to "mind my own business".
Daniel Kao
Apr 23, 2013 Daniel Kao rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book with very solid points from a very bold personality.

This book, while definitely not for everyone, talks about the entrepreneurial mindset in a very clear way. This book separates people into three categories, and talks about the differences in financial mindsets of each of the three groups of people.

Very insightful book, definitely worth checking out!
Alyse
Jun 05, 2014 Alyse rated it it was ok
Great concepts and principles at the beginning of the book, but the constant repetition (could have been much more concise), car metaphors and arrogant style of the author starts to wear about midway.
weak start but massive gold information after that 2 30 Jan 21, 2014 06:18PM
  • How to Get Rich
  • Cashvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • 50 Prosperity Classics: Attract It, Create It, Manage It, Share It
  • The Education of Millionaires: It's Not What You Think and It's Not Too Late
  • The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur: The Tell-It-Like-It-Is Guide to Cleaning Up in Business, Even If You Are at the End of Your Roll
  • The Millionaire Messenger: Make a Difference and a Fortune Sharing Your Advice
  • Scientific Advertising
  • Gorilla Mindset: How to Control Your Thoughts and Emotions to Live Life on Your Terms
  • One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams Into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work
  • 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
  • From Rats to Riches
  • Who Owns the Ice House?: Eight Life-Lessons From an Unlikely Entrepreneur
  • Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You
  • Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • How to Be a Billionaire: Proven Strategies from the Titans of Wealth
  • The Choose Yourself Guide To Wealth
  • Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke: And How to Get Smart, Healthy, & Rich!
  • Start Small, Stay Small: A Developer's Guide to Launching a Startup
4207025
MJ DeMarco is the current founder of Viperion Publishing Corp., a media company focused on online and print content distribution. He also is admin/founder for The Fastlane Forum, the webs' leading destination forum for start-up, finance, and entrepreneurial business discussions.

He was the former start-up Founder/CEO of Limos.com (1997-2007), a global ground transportation aggregator and marketpla
More about M.J. DeMarco...

“Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows. ~ Michael Landon” 5 likes
“All events of wealth are precluded by process, a backstory of trial, risk, hard work, and sacrifice. If you try to skip process, you’ll never experience events.” 5 likes