Little Bear Treasury: Little Bear/ Little Bear's Friend/ Little Bear's Visit

Little Bear Treasury: Little Bear/ Little Bear's Friend/ Little Bear's Visit

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  367 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Hardcover collection.
Published January 1st 2003 by Harpercollins Childrens Books (first published 1982)

Margo Martin
The book Little Bear’s Visit written by Else Holmelund Minarik is a chapter book that includes four different chapters. In the first chapter, ‘Grandmother and Grandfather bear’, little bear goes to visit his grandparents where they feed him all types of good food, such as cake and cookies and milk and honey. Then, little bear and grandfather sit down outside where little bear wants grandfather to read him a story, but upon his return, he is already asleep. Little bear then goes on to find his gr...more
Rachel
This treasury included three books, "Little Bear," "Little Bear's Friend" and the Caldecott Honor book for 1962, "Little Bear's Visit". Apparently I had read "Little Bear", the first book in this treasury, back in 2009 but didn't remember it. Oh well, it wasn't any better the second time. I know this series is really popular but I just didn't like it. The text flow was off and the stories were awkward. The illustrations by Maurice Sendak are pretty much the treasury's only redeeming quality. I l...more
Rachel
I liked it. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Heather
Currently reading this book. We just finished Wind in the Willows, and this book is going to ZOOM right on by us. I was hoping it was going to be 1/2 in the middle of Wind in the Willows & 1/2 between Frog & Toad are friends. Only cause I'm tired of reading Frog & Toad. <3 them don't get me wrong, it's tiresome reading it 1000 times tho. This is a very very easy book to read. Surely the kids can DIY on this one & leave me out of it. ;)
Lucia Benzor
Okay so I only read Little Bear's visit but it wasn't there by itself. This was funny, easy to read, and a classic. You can't find books written like this anymore. Even the pictures, because the book is old, can give reader's insight as to how things used to be in the olden days. Funny!
Story Revolution
To celebrate Little Bear's thirty-fifth anniversary, three paperback editions in the series—Little Bear, Father Bear Comes Home, and Little Bear's Visit—have been slipcased in a boxed gift set for a whole new generation of children.

Emily
This book contains three of the Little Bear stories. I love every one of these stories and can remember reading them when I was little. The three stories are Little Bear, Little Bear's Friend, and Little Bear's Visit.
Carel
Oh, how I love Little Bear and his family & friends! This author is really in tune with how little people see the world ~ it's a delightful read and you don't have to have children to enjoy it.
Kat
This was one of my favorite books when I was a little kid. I read and reread this collection more times than I can count. The pictures from the book are still clear as day in my memory.
Gretchen
These books are wonderful--they teach many things we want our children to learn and they are good for beginning readers--the drawings are great.
CalebJacobOwenZac
Caleb (5) liked it well enough. But I was surprised at how well it held Jacob's attention at age 3. He loved it. Maybe because he is my Osito :)
Theresa
early reader set, have the set that i own, and they were in the library for early elementary education
Ted
A wonderful book with illustrations by Maurice Sendak (who did Where the Wild Things Are).
Lori
Aug 11, 2009 Lori added it
I never get tired of Little Bear! And now Michaela is reading a few words, too!
Hannah Thill
The illustrations are worth looking at.
Kristyn
Kristyn marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Amanda Dozier
Amanda Dozier marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Kathryn Walker
Kathryn Walker marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Lovemybrothers
Lovemybrothers marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Melissa Cortinas
Melissa Cortinas marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • Nutshell Library
  • Henry and Mudge and the Long Weekend (Henry and Mudge, #11)
  • The Little Fir Tree
  • The Sweet Smell of Christmas
  • The Mouse and His Child
  • Mortimer's Christmas Manger
  • A Picture for Harold's Room
  • Grasshopper on the Road
  • What Do You Say, Dear?
  • Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?
  • Santa's Favorite Story
  • Burt Dow, Deep-Water Man
  • Winnie The Pooh Treasury
  • Room for a Little One: A Christmas Tale
  • You Can Do It, Sam
  • The Big Orange Splot
  • Angus and the Ducks
  • Free to Be...You and Me (The Original Classic Edition)
Else Holmelund Minarik is the author of the Little Bear series of children's books, which were successful as books, and were also made into a successful children's TV series. The Little Bear books sold more than 6 million copies worldwide.

Else Minarik was also the author of another well-known book, No Fighting, No Biting!

She was born in Denmark, and with her family immigrated to the United States...more
More about Else Holmelund Minarik...
Little Bear Little Bear's Friend A Kiss for Little Bear Little Bear's Visit Father Bear Comes Home