The Essential Montessori: An Introduction to the Woman, the Writings, the Method, andthe Movement

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Since the remarkable success of Maria Montessori's first school ninety years ago, her theories have had a revolutionary influence on educational practices around the world—not only in avowed Montessori schools but also in learning programs of every type. In the United States alone there are thousands of schools dedicated ot the Montessori method, and there are many others...more
Published April 1st 1997 by Plume (first published May 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Essential Montessori, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Essential Montessori

Susan Schuler
I have always wanted to learn more about this woman and her movement and this book was very helpful.
Tracy
This introduction to the Montessori method was concise, but I got bogged down in the history and background. I wanted to know more about the method to which they kept referring. I skimmed most of the second half of the book and have moved on to "Teaching Montessori in the Home: the Preschool Years" for more detail on the method itself.
Shelldog42
I had heard the word "montessori" thrown around, and this book helped me better understand what the method originally meant, and what it has come to mean. very helpful!
Solady Batterjee
A book that I always go back to,, it is full of stiker notes, easy to read compared to the original Montessori books.
Debbi
A nice overview of M. Montessori, her work, and her views concerning the education of children.
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Juli Anna Herndon
Juli Anna Herndon is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2014
Ayanga Von
Ayanga Von marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Yoshi Tama
Yoshi Tama marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Jul 13, 2014
Catherine
Catherine is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Abiodun Omokhafe
Abiodun Omokhafe marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Mariam
Mariam marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Sophie Broadhurst
Sophie Broadhurst marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Kundrap
Kundrap marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
May
May marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years The Essential Montessori