Start by marking “Curious George Goes to a Movie” as Want to Read:
Curious George Goes to a Movie

Curious George Goes to a Movie (Curious George New Adventures)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  585 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The movie that George and the man with the yellow hat have been waiting to see is now playing! Once inside the darkened theater, George is curious about the light coming from the back of the room. As usual, George's curiosity gets him into trouble but his clever tricks save the day. The adventures of Curious George continue in an all-new series beginning in fall 1998 with ...more
Published October 26th 1998 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George Goes to a Movie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George Goes to a Movie

Edward Creter
Not as good as his other ones, yet Curious George continues to delight kids. In this one, the little creature goes to see a dinosaur movie with his yellow-hatted bff, but George gets into trouble (again!) when he somehow screws up the film projector! Watch, tho', when he does things right again! A very nice book.
Reepacheep
The man in the yellow hat says, "Stay here and watch the movie and please stay out of trouble." I just roll my eyes... isn't this how all the Curious George stories go? You'd think this guy would have learned by now. I can't help but be aggravated by how a disruptive and destructive pet (also applies to a misbehaving child) receives applause at the end of the story as everything somehow works out for the best. In this case, for once, the damage done isn't entirely George's fault.

And then there's
Melina Kinder
We love Curious George and this adventure is just as great as all his others
Julie
The Curious George books were always some of my favorites. In this one George and The Man in the Yellow Hat go to see a movie. Of course George is curious little monkey and gets into some trouble.
Children love books where animals act like people. I know I loved Curious George as a kid and I think my class would as well.
Sharonneika
..Georgia has became anxious once again. This time he is trying to figure out how the movie gets onthe screen in a movie theater.In the process he manages to knock the movie off but as usual he finds a clever way to entertain the movie crowd. I think its a great read for kids for entertainment purposes.
Dianna
Curious George gets free popcorn because he messes up the movie projector and then "entertains" the audience with shadow puppets.

I really do like Curious George, but not this installment. I think they should stop writing spin-off books, because they're not getting any better.
Libby
Standard Curious George spin-off fare, although I do feel like George actually stumbles into trouble more than causing it this time...but WHEN will that Man in the Yellow Hat learn to stop leaving George alone?!
Dolly
Dec 06, 2008 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2008, childrens
My husband and I remember this one from our childhood and it's just as good as ever. Movie houses have changes, but our girls enjoyed this story about the curious little monkey.
Vicki
George once again manages to fix a sticky situation. When he causes the movie to stop playing he thinks of a clever way to keep the audience entertained.
Sarah Sammis
Cute story about George and the Man in the Yellow Hat going to the movies and George learning how movies are projected. Shadow puppets ensue.
Ebono1
not every situation has to be bad. In this story, George is able to help fix the movie projector after it stops working.
Samantha
I love Curious George! He's adorable and very mischievous. He always manages to stir up some trouble and then save the day. =)
Rusty
My middle daughter loved Curios George and read everything she could find featuring this lovable little monkey.
Magdalene
Our son loves the adventures of this curious little monkey.
Heather
My kids LOVE all of the Curious George books!
Melissa
The boys love George, and they love movies!
Jessica Nekuda
My son thought this was funny
Cian
Cian is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2014
  • Curious George and the Rocket
  • Clifford's Christmas
  • Five Little Monkeys Wash the Car
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • Katy No-Pocket
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad (Little Critter)
  • Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones
  • The Three Billy Goats Gruff
  • The Witch Who Was Afraid of Witches
  • Marsupial Sue Book and CD
  • Crazy Hair Day
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Visits the Zoo Curious George Flies a Kite