Start by marking “Curious George Goes to a Movie” as Want to Read:
Curious George Goes to a Movie

Curious George Goes to a Movie (Curious George New Adventures)

The movie that George and the man with the yellow hat have been waiting to see is now playing! Once inside the darkened theater, George is curious about the light coming from the back of the room. As usual, George's curiosity gets him into trouble but his clever tricks save the day. The adventures of Curious George continue in an all-new series beginning in fall 1998 with ...more
Published October 26th 1998 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George Goes to a Movie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George Goes to a Movie

Reepacheep
Mar 13, 2012 Reepacheep rated it it was ok
The man in the yellow hat says, "Stay here and watch the movie and please stay out of trouble." I just roll my eyes... isn't this how all the Curious George stories go? You'd think this guy would have learned by now. I can't help but be aggravated by how a disruptive and destructive pet (also applies to a misbehaving child) receives applause at the end of the story as everything somehow works out for the best. In this case, for once, the damage done isn't entirely George's fault.

And then there's
Elaine Shipley-pope
My children are both avid Curious George fans. They love every generation of movie or show and they have yet to find a Curious George book they don't like. This was no exception.
George and The Man in The Yellow Hat go to the movies! It's George's first time and of course he manages to get into a spot of trouble. With some the help of some simple hand shadow puppets everything works out and of course there is a lesson learned for George. It was a very cute book that both my kiddos enjoyed.
Cathy aka The Attached Mama
My three year old is going through a bit of a curious George obsession. He has also been asking to go to the movie theater every hour or so, so this is about his favorite book in the world at the moment.
Edward Creter
Not as good as his other ones, yet Curious George continues to delight kids. In this one, the little creature goes to see a dinosaur movie with his yellow-hatted bff, but George gets into trouble (again!) when he somehow screws up the film projector! Watch, tho', when he does things right again! A very nice book.
Julie
The Curious George books were always some of my favorites. In this one George and The Man in the Yellow Hat go to see a movie. Of course George is curious little monkey and gets into some trouble.
Children love books where animals act like people. I know I loved Curious George as a kid and I think my class would as well.
Sharonneika
Apr 01, 2011 Sharonneika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
..Georgia has became anxious once again. This time he is trying to figure out how the movie gets onthe screen in a movie theater.In the process he manages to knock the movie off but as usual he finds a clever way to entertain the movie crowd. I think its a great read for kids for entertainment purposes.
Libby
Apr 06, 2011 Libby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
Standard Curious George spin-off fare, although I do feel like George actually stumbles into trouble more than causing it this time...but WHEN will that Man in the Yellow Hat learn to stop leaving George alone?!
The Brothers
As Asher (4 years old) had just been to see if first movie in the theater, this seemed like an appropriate Curious George book to read and compare experiences!

Typical H.A. Rey illustrations.
Dianna
Aug 28, 2012 Dianna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Curious George gets free popcorn because he messes up the movie projector and then "entertains" the audience with shadow puppets.

I really do like Curious George, but not this installment. I think they should stop writing spin-off books, because they're not getting any better.
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
This was a cute story about George going to a movie in a theater. I think this book would be a great thing to read before you take a child out to their first movie in a theater as well. I think it would really help get them excited about the whole thing.
Jessica Nekuda
Nov 01, 2013 Jessica Nekuda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son thought this was funny
Samantha
I love Curious George! He's adorable and very mischievous. He always manages to stir up some trouble and then save the day. =)
Magdalene
Apr 10, 2013 Magdalene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our son loves the adventures of this curious little monkey.
Ebono1
Jul 29, 2010 Ebono1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
not every situation has to be bad. In this story, George is able to help fix the movie projector after it stops working.
Dolly
Dec 06, 2008 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008
My husband and I remember this one from our childhood and it's just as good as ever. Movie houses have changes, but our girls enjoyed this story about the curious little monkey.
Melissa
Jul 12, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boys-2011
The boys love George, and they love movies!
Erin
Figure I would give it a two and my son would give it a four. And in all fairness, it's not that bad. Just repetitive.
Heather
Jan 11, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My kids LOVE all of the Curious George books!
Sarah Sammis
Cute story about George and the Man in the Yellow Hat going to the movies and George learning how movies are projected. Shadow puppets ensue.
Rusty
Sep 30, 2010 Rusty rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
My middle daughter loved Curios George and read everything she could find featuring this lovable little monkey.
Melina Kinder
Feb 24, 2014 Melina Kinder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We love Curious George and this adventure is just as great as all his others
Vicki
George once again manages to fix a sticky situation. When he causes the movie to stop playing he thinks of a clever way to keep the audience entertained.
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2012
Jie Gao
Jie Gao rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Jessica Boudreau
Jessica Boudreau rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2017
Samuel
Samuel rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2011
Sheena
Sheena rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Mindy
Mindy rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
  • Curious George and the Rocket
  • Clifford's Christmas
  • Five Little Monkeys Wash the Car
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • Charlie the Ranch Dog: Where's the Bacon?
  • Snuggle Up Sleepy Ones
  • Little Critter Storybook Collection
  • The Littlest Pilgrim
  • Mouse's First Valentine
  • I Love You Daddy
  • The Best Mouse Cookie
  • Alphabeep!: A Zipping, Zooming ABC
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium