Start by marking “Through the Medicine Cabinet (The Zack Files #2)” as Want to Read:
Through the Medicine Cabinet (The Zack Files #2)

Through the Medicine Cabinet (Zack Files #2)

One minute I was looking for my retainer in the bathroom. The next, I was staring at a boy who looked just like me. And I don't mean my reflection! What's going on here?

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 8/6/1996 Pages: 64 Reading Level: Age 7 and Up
Published August 6th 1996 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Through the Medicine Cabinet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through the Medicine Cabinet

Terry Ma
Jan 28, 2013 Terry Ma rated it really liked it
This book was about Zack when he open his medicine cabinet, he saw another him. But when he open again, there was nothing in it. He started adventure of finding other him. He discovered that he can go through other universal by a medicine cabinet. He saw another him in other universal. Also he saw another dad in other universal. Also his dad know about the other him. Zack knew a new friend which is the other him.

The reason why I like this book because it is a fantasy and a funny book, which i
Dec 11, 2013 Sally added it
It's one of book in series of Zack files. It's fantasy book called ' Through the Medicine Cabinet' by Dan Greedburg. Most of it is fun story and impossible episode. Here is one character who named Zack got many impossible episode.

One day, Zack was looking for his retainer . It was usually in medicine cabinet, so he just opened it. Then he saw him from medicine cabinet! he was surprised so he close it. Next day,he saw him again. Then he asked him, what's you name, where you live etc like this. b
Julie Decker
Aug 12, 2014 Julie Decker rated it it was ok
Zack is a regular kid, but his situations are anything but ordinary. This series with lots of light intersections into the paranormal, supernatural, and fantastical is good for an occasional, not-too-serious laugh. In this one, Zack stumbles into a parallel dimension while looking for his retainer. Somehow his medicine cabinet opens into another world that's just like his except everyone's kind of cooler than him and everything's better. Where the heck is that retainer?

The books are short, easy
Inaba Rina
May 19, 2013 Inaba Rina rated it really liked it
-The Zack Files/Dan Greenburg level 2.8
-Time:05/16=30 minutes;05/19=60 minures
-7 words summary:medicine cabinet-parallel-went-similar-change-strange-went back
-Disscution question:
1,If you met a person who similar to you, what do you feel?
*I feel strange and it is very scarly.

It is interesting book because there is a person who similar to zack in the medicine cabinet! I undersatnd Zack met the person in the street but why the person lived there. If I were Zack, I moved out of my house.
Aug 20, 2008 Swankivy rated it it was ok
Being the kids' department head when I worked at a bookstore, I saw these books a lot in my chapter books section and decided to see if they were any good so I could decide whether to recommend them to others. They had a surprising amount of somewhat off-color jokes in them, but other than that they were cute but nothing super-special. I just read a few during my lunch break; they take about ten minutes to read.
Apr 20, 2009 Brian rated it really liked it
Zack files is easily one of my favorite series. I felt like reading this bought me back to the old days when I use to love these books in elementary school. Zack goes through many weird journeys and I find it interesting that he eventually finds his way out of it. I definitely enjoyed reading this book and i would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a quick read and likes mystery books.
Haruna Okutsu
May 13, 2013 Haruna Okutsu rated it it was ok
Dan Greenburg Though the Medicine Cabinet level 2.8
05/13 = 60 minutes
retainer-cabinet-opening day-father-parallei universe
What Zake looked for?
He looked for his retainer.
This story was very fun.
Zake and Zeke changed.
Many years ago their father changed,too.
I like this stories!
Icould understand!
Mar 28, 2012 Jj rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-book-list
Dan Greenburg books are very easy and interesting read. I really enjoyed the story line. I always enjoy every character of the book. I love the very descriptive details and the realistic of the little boy and his adventures. This book is great, exciting, and extraordinary. And a good sense.
Sophia 초록열쇠
Sep 10, 2016 Sophia 초록열쇠 rated it really liked it
I thought this might not be easy to read, but
my son really enjoys this book, too!
I asked me to get more of the Zack Files. ^^
Feb 19, 2008 Heidi rated it really liked it
Another good 3rd grade read about a boy who meets his twin from a parallel universe in the medicine cabinet.
Alia  GoinHam
so far it's about a boy that............ oh why am i telling you the story who got to read it's a mystery.............................
Olatunji Coleman
zack meets zeke his double when zack crosses to zeke universe zeke crosses to zacks will zack be able to make it back in his universe or will he have to stay in newer york for 32 years
Raphael Mc intosh
Raphael Mc intosh rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2012
Chloe Yeung
Chloe Yeung rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Zach rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2014
Daisy rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Robby Parsons
Robby Parsons rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2014
Kendra rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Sagar rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2012
Coral rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2008
Jonathon rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2010
Bruce rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2010
Andrea rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Kaulin rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2009
Sofia rated it liked it
May 21, 2012
Becca rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2011
Jane rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2008
Sep 24, 2011 Sydney rated it liked it
Pretty funny and good author
Noam Weinreich
Noam Weinreich rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Brandon Chen
Brandon Chen rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
What's The Name o...: 90s/00s Children's Book with Parallel Universe [s] 6 43 Mar 29, 2014 09:07AM
  • World's Worst Wedgie (George Brown, Class Clown, #3)
  • Mr. Putter And Tabby Bake The Cake
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Storm Warning (Dog Whisperer, #2)
  • Trapped
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • Iris and Walter
  • Giants Don't Go Snowboarding (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #33)
  • Addicted to Danger: A Memoir
  • Parasite Pig (Interstellar Pig #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Escape of the Deadly Dinosaur: USA (Secret Agent Jack Stalwart, #1)
  • Class President

Dan's 73 books have been published in 24 countries.
His adult best-sellers include EXES, LOVE KILLS, HOW TO BE A JEWISH MOTHER, HOW TO MAKE YOURSELF MISERABLE, and HOW TO AVOID LOVE AND MARRIAGE. How to be a Jewish Mother sold several million copies. It and How to Make Yourself Miserable were in print for 30 years and were on Publishers Weekly’s list of all-time bestselle
More about Dan Greenburg...

Zack Files (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • A Ghost Named Wanda (The Zack Files #3)
  • Zap! I'm A Mind Reader
  • Dr. Jekyll, Orthodontist (Zack Files #5)
  • I'm out of My Body...Please Leave a Message (The Zack Files #6)
  • Never Trust A Cat Who Wears Earrings (The Zack Files #7)
  • My Son, the Time Traveler (The Zack Files #8)
  • The Volcano Goddess Will See You Now (The Zack Files #9)
  • Bozo The Clone
  • How to Speak Dolphin in Three Easy Lessons (The Zack Files #11)