In The Still Of The Night

In The Still Of The Night

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Television star Annie Lang would trade all her success for love, but she hides the secret behind the disappearance, eight years before, of the two very different men whose influence has dominated her life.
Published (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about In The Still Of The Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The Still Of The Night

Shelley
This book was written in 1995. I think I've had it since about that time. It's moved from one state to another, one home to another over the last 14 years. Not sure why it's taken me this long to finally pick it up. I guess I have too many books to read. The pages are even yellowed, ha!

Before writing my review, I always like to read other goodreaders reviews. There were only a few to my surprise. Then I dug a little deeper and I discovered Charlotte Lamb also wrote Harlequin books, ahhhhhh!!! Pr...more
Sorcha
Nov 04, 2011 Sorcha added it
Shelves: 2009
Annie Lang is a famous TV actress and star of the police drama, "The Force". She has everything except love, which she has had to sacrifice for her career. A card from a secret admirer seems to answer her prayers, but the truth is far more sinister.[return]Reasonable, british based thriller, of Annie becoming a famous TV actress (On a show very similar to The Bill), but who is haunted by her past. Soon she realises she is the target of a sinister attack from person/persons unknown.[return][retur...more
Christine
I enjoyed this novel though there were a couple of things that annoyed me. For example there was quite a lot of repetition, the amount of times that it is said that Annie Lang doesn't wear much makeup and prefers the natural look is mentioned multiple times. I feel that the characters are developed well enough at the beginning and that there was too much repetition of the characters attributes later in the novel.

The book was enjoyable though, the characters were likable enough and the plot was i...more
Lisa
I got over half way through the book but just couldn't go any further. The heroine was nearly always traumatised by something or other. She lived under her mother's thumb, and didn't get out of the habit of being passive up until the point I put the book down.

I need strong characters, especially if they're main ones.
Cerys
Feb 11, 2012 Cerys rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008
Well it was better written than the synopsis and had a twist which I really should have seen but didn't. Enough suspense for me to read the last quarter of the book in one sitting but not one of the greats. It was a good holiday read.
Chris
Mar 27, 2013 Chris added it
Ned. Titel: in de schaduw van de nacht
Amanor
Amanor added it
Aug 29, 2014
Tommie
Tommie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Tea
Tea added it
Mar 13, 2014
Megan Kent
Megan Kent marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Lin
Lin marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Mirrhya
Mirrhya marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Lisa Reaume
Lisa Reaume marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Jodie Hannett
Jodie Hannett marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Lele
Lele marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Katz!
Katz! added it
Sep 01, 2013
Heather Thornhill
Heather Thornhill marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Danes
Danes added it
Jul 18, 2013
Rina
Rina marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Niral Shah
Niral Shah marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Purple_monkey
Purple_monkey marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sheila Ann Mary Coates Holland
aka Sheila Holland, Sheila Coates, Charlotte Lamb, Sheila Lancaster, Victoria Woolf, Laura Hardy

Sheila Ann Mary Coates was born on 1937 in Essex, England, just before the Second World War in the East End of London. As a child, she was moved from relative to relative to escape the bombings of World War II. Sheila attended the Ursuline Convent for Girls. On leaving scho...more
More about Charlotte Lamb...
Temptation Fever Forbidden Fire Dark Dominion Savage Surrender