Start by marking “In The Still Of The Night” as Want to Read:
In The Still Of The Night

In The Still Of The Night

Television star Annie Lang would trade all her success for love, but she hides the secret behind the disappearance, eight years before, of the two very different men whose influence has dominated her life.
Published (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about In The Still Of The Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The Still Of The Night

Louise Mundt
This book started out great but then slowly dwindled. I liked the frail character of Annie Lang, her struggles at the academy and her head over heels romance with Johnny the tenant. It had potential.

But then nothing happened... Annie - though now a TV series star - remained unchanged and was the same person she was, when she was 16 years old. And all of the other characters acted more or less at random.
Willow
Nov 01, 2016 Willow rated it really liked it
I liked this book regardless of the reviews it got. This book may have had its flaws but nonetheless I liked it a lot...
Shelley
Feb 21, 2014 Shelley rated it it was ok
This book was written in 1995. I think I've had it since about that time. It's moved from one state to another, one home to another over the last 14 years. Not sure why it's taken me this long to finally pick it up. I guess I have too many books to read. The pages are even yellowed, ha!

Before writing my review, I always like to read other goodreaders reviews. There were only a few to my surprise. Then I dug a little deeper and I discovered Charlotte Lamb also wrote Harlequin books, ahhhhhh!!! Pr
Jenn
Jul 09, 2011 Jenn rated it liked it
I feel horrible about this. I really do. But I cheated. And this is something I never do. Yes, I cheated. About halfway through I read the last couple of sentences of this book. So I knew whodunit. I knew who the woman was who lured away Derek. I knew exactly who the fingers pointed to. And yet I kept on reading. Still felt the need to tidy up all the little details. Was it worth it? Do I feel justified in my cheating? Maybe a little. Maybe I never would have finished this book without cheating. ...more
Sorcha
Nov 04, 2011 Sorcha added it
Shelves: 2009
Annie Lang is a famous TV actress and star of the police drama, "The Force". She has everything except love, which she has had to sacrifice for her career. A card from a secret admirer seems to answer her prayers, but the truth is far more sinister.[return]Reasonable, british based thriller, of Annie becoming a famous TV actress (On a show very similar to The Bill), but who is haunted by her past. Soon she realises she is the target of a sinister attack from person/persons unknown.[return][retur ...more
Christine
Jul 09, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I enjoyed this novel though there were a couple of things that annoyed me. For example there was quite a lot of repetition, the amount of times that it is said that Annie Lang doesn't wear much makeup and prefers the natural look is mentioned multiple times. I feel that the characters are developed well enough at the beginning and that there was too much repetition of the characters attributes later in the novel.

The book was enjoyable though, the characters were likable enough and the plot was i
Lisa
Apr 16, 2009 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I got over half way through the book but just couldn't go any further. The heroine was nearly always traumatised by something or other. She lived under her mother's thumb, and didn't get out of the habit of being passive up until the point I put the book down.

I need strong characters, especially if they're main ones.
Cerys
Feb 11, 2012 Cerys rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008
Well it was better written than the synopsis and had a twist which I really should have seen but didn't. Enough suspense for me to read the last quarter of the book in one sitting but not one of the greats. It was a good holiday read.
Karen Thomson
Aug 28, 2015 Karen Thomson rated it liked it
A fast read - a thriller that was a bit....much. The characters were not terribly believable, and the suspense was slow, but not bad.
Virginia
Virginia rated it did not like it
Jan 11, 2017
Kate Sanderson
Kate Sanderson rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Chris
Mar 27, 2013 Chris added it
Ned. Titel: in de schaduw van de nacht
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013
tyco
tyco rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2013
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2015
Helen Olijnyk
Helen Olijnyk rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Saad Mohamed
Saad Mohamed rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2016
Marc
Marc rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2009
Helle
Helle rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2012
Betty Beeman
Betty Beeman rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2016
Karen Wickham
Karen Wickham rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Suzy
Suzy rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Kristy
Kristy rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2010
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2008
Betty
Betty rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Donna PK
Donna PK rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Dawnie
Dawnie rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2012
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2009
Sheila Ann Mary Coates Holland
aka Sheila Holland, Sheila Coates, Charlotte Lamb, Sheila Lancaster, Victoria Woolf, Laura Hardy

Sheila Ann Mary Coates was born on 1937 in Essex, England, just before the Second World War in the East End of London. As a child, she was moved from relative to relative to escape the bombings of World War II. Sheila attended the Ursuline Convent for Girls. On leaving scho
More about Charlotte Lamb...