Blank-133x176
No Time Like Mardi Gras

Kimberly Lang

No Time Like Mardi Gras

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A scandalous night—and no one will ever know!

Mardi Gras might be the best party in the world, but Jamie Vincent is spending it third-wheeling with her new roommate. So when gorgeous stranger Colin Raine offers to show her around, how can she say no?

Soon Jamie's seduced by the hedonistic carnival—and her delicious tour guide! Technically she's sworn off men, but for one n...more
Published February 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 21st 2014)

Desere
Women the world over know being arm candy is not always fun and games, because it comes down to "I have all the glitz and glam but no real emotional connection."

And as most celebrities do when their wild ride of fame comes under attack, the arm candy is the last to find out about the indiscretions, as well as get called every horrible name under the sun by fans who only know the media’s portrayal of the celebs.

Since heading for the nearest exit and a new life is the sensible choice, this is ex...more
Cheryl
I'm rating this book a little higher than I normally would, because the epilogue is the most fabulous epilogue I've read for a fluffy HEA novel. Of course... it might not make as much sense without reading the rest of the book, but go for it. It's not long and the beginning is almost as fun as the end.

The story: Colin, filling in as a bar tender for his friend on Fat Tuesday, notices a girl sitting at a table, bored out of her mind, while her friend tries to make eyes at one of the musicians. Co...more
Cheryl M-M
What I really enjoyed about this story was the way the author let the female lead evolve. Instead the almost usual strong man helps and comforts the weak woman scenario was replaced with a woman moving on from difficult times and becoming stronger. Jamie decides not to let her past determine her future and makes a choice to leave the mess behind but take the lessons she learnt with her into the future.
The author also takes a wee poke at the media, the public and the almost frenzy like need for g...more
Megan Readinginthesunshine
I must say I absolutely LOVED the sound of this book! Mardi Gras is THE party to be at! And Jamie Vincent ends up going as a thirdwheel with her flatmate and her flatmate’s current man. But soon Jamie comes across gorgeous stranger Colin Raine, and he becomes her perfect man for the crazy and wild evening! Jamie thinks it might just be a one night thing, but Colin is determined to set out to get his girl, and keep hold of her!

I loved this I loved this I loved this multiplied by one hundred!

I rea...more
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Starting over didn’t sound easy, but starting over in New Orleans at Mardi Gras seemed like the best way to handle things for Jamie Vincent. It’d be like her very own welcoming party. So what if she and her roommate have nothing in common? Maybe at some point, the guy in that band would stop playing and they could join the festivities outside the bar in which they were currently languishing. Read More
Lia
I started this one yesterday in honor of Fat Tuesday. And I was pleasantly surprised. I always enjoy these harlequin kiss novels, but I think this might be one of my favs that I've read do far. I liked the characters and the storyline. It wasn't quite as predictable as others. A fun, quick read.

4 stars.
Bungluna
I really liked the hero but the heroine was problematic for me. Great sense of place.
Annick Chinapen
For once was disappointed by kimberly lang. The plot was laborious.
Harlequin Books
"Vivid descriptions of the sights and sounds of Mardi Gras combined with naturally flowing conversations and multifaceted characters will make readers root for the geek to get his girl." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: One Night in New Orleans
Diane
Perfect vacation read
June
Sexual content but not too graphic.

Mardi Gras is apparently quite the wild party. Colin saved Jamie from experiencing it all on her own. But once it was over at the stroke of midnight, they lose contact. You'll enjoy reading how they find each other again and how their relationship progresses and then hits bumps in the road. In the end, the zombies bring them back together.
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Stefanie London
Stefanie London marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Beerchen
Beerchen marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Kathy014
Kathy014 marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Daneisha
Daneisha marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
May 09, 2014
Maryanne Frase
Maryanne Frase marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
USA Today bestselling author of sassy, sexy contemporary romance. Please visit my website at www.BooksByKimberly.com to learn more about me and my books!
More about Kimberly Lang...
The Downfall of a Good Girl (LaBlanc Sisters, #1) Last Groom Standing (The Wedding Season, #4) The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2) Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat) When Honey Got Married