Start by marking “I, Amber Brown (Amber Brown, #8)” as Want to Read:
I, Amber Brown (Amber Brown, #8)

I, Amber Brown (Amber Brown #8)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  772 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Amber's father is back in town. That means joint custody and more parental fighting. What part of Amber belongs to her mom? To her dad? To herself? Struggling for her independence, Amber decides to have her ears pierced. Though her morn has said no, her dad doesn't know that. After all something should belong just to Amber -- why not her ears?
Published September 1st 2000 by Scholastic (first published October 25th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about I, Amber Brown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I, Amber Brown

Nicole Stevens
"I, Amber Brown, is about a nine-year old girl named, Amber, that is struggling to adjust to her new life with two divorced parents. Amber feels caught in the middle of her parents' coldness and hostility towards each other, and when her mother says that she cannot get her ears pierced until she is 12 years old, she decides that teach them that they cannot treat her like a piece of property that they split. Amber then deceives her father and convinces him to allow her to get her ears pierced. Sh ...more
Dolly
May 31, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've read a lot of the shorter, earlier stories in the Amber Brown series and although one of them in particular dealt a lot with Amber's parents fighting, mostly they were fairly light and similar to the Ramona books. But this book has a much more serious theme, with Amber's parents sharing joint custody and her mother getting ready to remarry. It's a tough subject to bring up with children, so this may be a good series for parents who are considering divorce to read to their children. It is a ...more
Daisy
Dec 17, 2014 Daisy added it
I won this book for doing good in school or something in 4th grade. It is sad and weird and depressing. Honestly, I read it again and I cried during it more than The Fault In Our Stars. But I loved it. Maybe I'm just a mutant freakazoid.
Becky sb
I really enjoy reading the amber brown stories when I was a kid.
Shyanne
This was one of my favorite books to read about 7 years ago. It's about a girl named Amber Brown, who has divorced parents and hates the fact they have shared custody. I can definatley relate to this book, because I felt the same exact way while reading these books. Anyway,so Amber had these neighbors at her moms (or dads, I can't remember), and she always hung out with them, because it made her feel better. Amber liked her mom's house better, because her mom was a fun, crazy mom that everybody ...more
Amanda
One of the nine books my sister gave me, recently. She's had it for several years. It's a cute book. :)
Senay Mandaher
Amazing

I chose this rating because I thought it was very suspenseful and interesting. I recommend this book to girls who are into a lot of you know stuff we do and talking about age many from 8 - 11.
I found out about this series at school when some of my other friends were reading this book.
I,Amber Brown is amazing
Kayla
Amber Brown chapter books are great books for young readers to read. It is a whole series comparable to Junie b Jones. But this book is fun and adventurous and I think this book is very relatable. The kids will really relate to Amber Brown with the everyday stuff she goes through. Great book for kids to read!!!
Sammantha Bellofatto
As with Junie B. Jones, this book is one for young children. But, it is also wonderful for children who may come from a dplit home. It is always good for children to see differnt sides to the story. I think that makes this book really enjoyable and relatable.
Nicholette
I love Paula Danziger and all her books. Amber Brown is completely adorable. I know I read a lot of children's books, but they are happy in a sad world. I think that's how I kept my spirits up as a kid.
(NS) Becca
see goodreads review

Amber Brown is such a fun character and students love that there are more books to follow! They can easily relate to her everyday problems and enjoy the strong character!
Sarah Myers
I read this in 4th or 5th grade i think and i absolutly loved it. it was one of the first chapter books i really liked. :)
Kate
This book was fun to read, and hope that lots of other people will read it.
Jenny Keener
Great level N book. I just love Amber. She is wise beyond her years!
Cassandra Jones
I got bored. So I read this. For a children's book it wasn't bad. I liked it
Stephanie
I thought it was okay....It makes me not crazy to read the series...
Winnie
love the "i,amber brown"motto thingy.haha
Audrey Scott
i havent read alot but so far i love it
Amber Jade
A fun book that everyone would enjoy.
Jillian
I can not get enough of this book!!
Melrose Park Kids
Amber Brown by Paula Danziger
GnomeBandit
a childhood favorite!
Kashai Galloway
be a good student
Brook
Brook marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Haven't started it yet 1 6 Oct 05, 2008 05:50PM
  • Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding
  • Karen's Doll (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #23)
  • Junie B. Jones Is a Party Animal (Junie B. Jones, #10)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (and Other Thankful Stuff) (Junie B. Jones, #28)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)
  • Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is In! (Judy Moody #5)
  • Cool Zone with the Pain and the Great One
  • Sun & Spoon
  • The Stories Julian Tells
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil
More about Paula Danziger...

Amber Brown (10 books)
  • Amber Brown Sees Red
  • Amber Brown Is Feeling Blue
  • Amber Brown Is Green With Envy
  • Amber Brown Is Tickled Pink
The Cat Ate My Gymsuit Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon P.S. Longer Letter Later (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #1) Amber Brown Goes Fourth The Pistachio Prescription