Dua Anak Kucing Bermain Warna

Dua Anak Kucing Bermain Warna

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  1,060 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Mengajarkan campuran warna secara sederhana yang dilakukan oleh dua ekor anak kucing. Ditujukan untuk anak-anak usia balita atau TK.
24 pages
Published 2000 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Dua Anak Kucing Bermain Warna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dua Anak Kucing Bermain Warna

Stephanie
Sep 22, 2007 Stephanie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: budding poets
My grandmother used to read me this book between puffs of her cigarette. How I loved this story...it's the tale of two kittens, Hush and Brush. They have buckets and buckets and buckets of paint, but none that are the color green. Refusing to have their spirits crushed by the evil paint manufacturing company, the two decide to make their own green by mixing various colors together. A series of delightful accidents ensue.

Written by Margaret Wise Brown, the poet laureate of children's literature,...more
Marie Gentilcore
The kids and I read this last night for story time. I thought the story felt a little young for them (Boy 9, Girl 7) but they both enjoyed it and they both said to give it 5+++++ stars. It is a cute story of two kittens named Brush and Hush who are trying to make green paint and go through many different color combinations before they get to green. The illustrations are colorful and add to the story.
Marya
Screw Goodnight Moon. THIS is Margaret Wise Brown's best children's book. The poetry is clever enough to teach children new words, the drawings are awesome, and how can you possibly go wrong with a story about two cats mixing paint colors? At least there aren't any freaky bunnies in footsie pajamas in this one.

Lara
I had this on record, with the little booklet, and I can still remember the little "meow" that told you when to turn the page.
Gwendolyn
This one is well loved by both mk and jo and for some reason it makes me so emotional to read. Oh Brush, Oh Hush! I think I need to buy another copy to keep safe forever (the one we've been reading over and over is from aunt Katrina).
Annette
Oct 06, 2007 Annette rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People with young children, or people who like to do acid
I like this book. Everything is out of proportion and weird. I don't want to give away the ending, but it's pretty cool when the kittens mix all the colors together. I was really hoping for a rainbow...but it was something else.

My favorite page is the one where people live on islands and have houses only big enough to shelter their loaves of bread.
Miriam
Presumably this is intended to teach little kids about primary colors and how to mix pigments.
I found the kittens blitzed expressions and manic behavior less cute than I think I was supposed to.
Mckinley
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book when I was little. I liked seeing the colors blend together.
Lynn
My favorite book as a child. Kittens make all the colors in the world by mixing paints.
David Anthony
Quite possibly the cutest book of all time.
Hilary
This was one of the books that I used at a cat and kitten storytime the week before last.

Hands down, it was the *most* popular book!

I mean, this is along side of Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes (Caldecott winner) and a new book Fuddles about a very fat and spoiled cat.

Curious, I tried two other Margaret Wise Brown books (author of Goodnight Moon and others) and lo and behold! I found the same result.

I found a book about a girl and a bear that live in the same house! There was not one...more
Monika
I think The Color Kittens is probably my favorite out of all of Margaret Wise Brown's books. Illustrated by Alice and Martin Provensen, the artwork is playful and imaginative, supporting the text and bringing it to life. This book has the sweet story and delicate, musical way of rhyming that is so typical with Brown's books...but it doesn't always rhyme. I don't know about you, but when I'm reading aloud a children's book that has the exact same rhyme-rhythm pattern over and over and over, I sta...more
Karen
Yesterday, my little boy painted. He mixed his water colors and came up with some unusual color combinations. And when he finished painting, his rinse-water was brown. Last night, he pulled this book off of the shelf to read. I think he connected the two.

Margaret Wise Brown wrote with amazing clarity and beauty and with a ear for rhythm. It is no wonder that her works have endured and are still adored. Color Kittens is a great example of her typical writing for children. And it is also a useful...more
Alison McGavran
The Color Kittens tells the story of two kittens, Hush and Brush, which have buckets of paint and try to mix different ones in order to make their favorite color, green. The kittens end up making all sorts of other colors before they finally find that yellow paint and blue paint makes green paint. This is a concept book that teaches the child reader about colors, more specifically that two separate colors can make a new color. When the kittens discover a new color, Brown incorporates rhyming in...more
Mary
I still have my first edition one of my favorite childhood books. Needless to say I was first an Art major. Spent most of my high school electives in the art room. Along with my many English lit, and writing classes still plan to one day write my own children's books.
Shanleigh
I really can't like this book as much I wanted to for my daughter because of one simple irritating reason. Bumblebees are not orange. This book lists bumblebees as being orange and I have never seen an orange bumblebee. I have also not seen a honey bee, carpenter bee or any other bee for that matter that was orange. I'm not sure why something that actually is orange like a butterfly (Monarch) was not used instead.
Summer
A very cute story about how to mix primary colors together to make all the colors of the world.
sleeps9hours
One of my husband's favorites from childhood. Pretty illustrations.
Rachel
A glimmering shard of nostalgia.
Asho
This is a Little Golden Book that I remember from my childhood. My mom says I used to request it a lot. It's all about mixing colors. I remember the text better than the illustrations, although I just paged through the book and I don't know why I don't remember these illustrations, as they are very distinctive and kind of trippy. I haven't read it to my son yet to see what he thinks, but I can still remember the last line: "There were all the colors in the world and the color kittens had made th...more
♥ Susan
Interestingly enough, I have several different editions of this book, including golden book anthologies etc. One of them I found at a used bookstore. A mid-century encyclopedia of sorts. It actually had an EXTRA PAGE in the book, not included in any other editions I have ever seen. I think the subsequent edit was wise, the shortened (and the one that most people have read) is far superior to the one with the extra page. However I found it fascinating, nonetheless.
Tea
Adorable book, although I'm not sure I am posting in the right edition, it has the right cover page but it isn't hard cover and mine comes with a 33 1/3 RPM Record which I haven't gotten to listen to sense record players are hard to come by but the introduction beginning with "You will know it is time to turn the page when you hear the Kittens meow like this..." makes me squeak with love of cuteness.
Carmen
As much as I enjoy Margaret Wise Brown, this book is just plain odd. It feels like at least two different stories and it is completely illogical - perhaps one might argue that is the book's appeal, but for our family, it was just too silly! My five year old does currently enjoy it but I think she just asks me to read it to her so that she can point out all the things that don't make sense!
David Thompson
I love this book for young children who are starting to find their artistic side. The book has two kittens brush and hush who loves to paint but who did not ave all the colors to paint, so they started mixing colors to discover new ones. This book is an excellent way to introduce the color wheel to children.
Elena S.
I liked it. I would read this book to my 2nd grade students. It helps students to understand that mixing colors makes another color. Two kittens are searching for the color green and throughout their search they discover how to make different colors and eventually make the color green.
Jeanette
Not my favorite Margaret Wise Brown book. It is a little odd. It is great for teaching colors though and my kids really like it. That is what matters. It has grown on me the more I read it but I still kinda groan to myself when one of the kids requests it.
Jessie
This is a fairly cute story about two kittens who make all the colors in the world. They have an extremely trippy, drug addled dream that includes Easter Eggs on legs. My son won't let me read the brown page for some reason, I think the goat freaks him out.
Peacegal
This is a wonderful, classic book about kittens and color and surrealism. Two paint-loving kittens learn about the color wheel and then dream of fantastical things. I'm glad these books are still being published and not lost to the sands of time.
Meg
OMFG I love this book! My mom used to read it to me all the time. And I would read it all the time to go to sleep when I got older, heck I'd read it now if I had a copy! This is such a cute tale and it is so imaginative. Happy memories!
Misty Lynne
By far one of the best children's books written for small children, in my opinion, for it's wonderful imaginative language. This book make me want to read everything I could find by Margaret Wise Brown (she had other pen names as well).
  • I Can Fly (Little Golden Book)
  • Baby Animals (A Little Golden Book)
  • The Bunny Book
  • Dandelion
  • A House Is a House for Me
  • Ginger
  • The Jolly Barnyard
  • The Fuzzy Duckling (A First Little Golden Book)
  • Morgan Morning
  • Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree (Little Golden Books)
  • Angus and the Ducks
  • Mr. Pusskins and Little Whiskers: Another Love Story
  • The Fire Engine Book
  • Seen Art?
  • The Christmas Day Kitten
  • My First Counting Book (Little Golden Book)
  • Grasshopper on the Road
  • Little Miss Giggles
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p...more
More about Margaret Wise Brown...
Goodnight Moon The Runaway Bunny Big Red Barn Home for a Bunny The Sailor Dog