Start by marking “My Big Rig” as Want to Read:
My Big Rig

My Big Rig

Zoom! While playing with his toy truck, a little boy imagines himself driving an eighteen-wheeler through a city, across a bridge, and into the countryside. Along the way, he uses his two-way radio and parks at a truck stop. Finally, he reaches the coast, where he unloads his cargo. His imagination would keep growing . . . but it’s time for dinner!
Published March 1st 2007 by Two Lions (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about My Big Rig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Rig

Kate
Feb 05, 2014 Kate rated it liked it
I am sneaking this out in a paper bag tomorrow to return to the library. Louie would be heartbroken if he knew I was taking it. I think we may have read his entire 1,000 books with this book alone!
Samantha Penrose
This is a really cute book about a little boy whose imagination takes him on a cross country adventure behind the wheel of a big rig! He travels through cities and tunnels, across bridges and valleys, over mountains and across deserts and plains, through the forest and to the sea. He makes stops at a truckstop, uses trucker jargon on his cb radio, and drops his load off at the harbor just in time for dinner.
The illustrations are cute...my three year old LOVES this one!
The plot reminds me of fire
Denis A.
Out of all the board book in my 3 year old's library , he frequently turns to this one for private reading. He'll look at these pages and tell himself a story along to the illustrations. This is an okay story about a truck driver; however, my son would highly recommend this so going 5 stars on this one.
Rosa Cline
Jun 09, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
great picture book for any child that loves trucks. a little boy is playing with his trucks but the story takes him and puts him in the drivers set and takes the reader on a journey 'in the truck'. Simple sentences with wonderful illustrations. My son loved this book as I read it to him.
Kristen
Dec 26, 2016 Kristen rated it really liked it
James and Mama book. I think we've read this at least once every night since we read it the first time. James loves it and I don't mind it....even after a solid 2+ weeks. James really enjoys the pictures and loves to say a few of the lines "and HIT THE ROAD!"
Sylvester
Jul 16, 2014 Sylvester rated it it was ok
2* art
2* story

Squirt's just not so crazy about big rigs - yet. We'll see!

Yuhong Long
Aug 14, 2014 Yuhong Long rated it it was amazing
Love cars
Sophie Brookover
Dec 21, 2007 Sophie Brookover rated it liked it
Shelves: kidlit, picturebooks
Not as good as A Truck Goes Rattley-Bumpa, by the same author, but still good enough to hold Nell's interest.
Janae
Aug 13, 2013 Janae rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
Great for a toddler who is obsessed with trucks. Very simple, easy to understand writing and illustrations that give a child an idea of what it would be like to drive a truck.
Taylor
Mar 19, 2012 Taylor rated it really liked it
The illustrations are great! & he book communicates well the types of semi's & where they go in the country.
Mohammad
Jun 09, 2010 Mohammad rated it really liked it
Crazy about trucks
Patty
Apr 25, 2013 Patty rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-picture
A little boy and his truck drive from place to place. Cute illustrations.
Denise
Apr 24, 2008 Denise rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Bright illustrations make this worth taking a look at and boys who love trucks will like this story.
Lynn
A very nice book for babies. There is a little boy I know who will love this book. He loves vehicles and this is a good book for him. It will be for his birthday in addition to other items.
Kelly
I liked the yellow truck and simple imagined story. Good starting and ending pictures. Illustrations are basic and simple but well-colored.
Danielle
Dec 21, 2013 Danielle rated it liked it
A simple book about truck driving.
Chelsea
Apr 29, 2008 Chelsea rated it liked it
My son and daughter loved this book. We borrowed it from the library. Cute pictures and a short read before bedtime.
Hannah Cobb
Hannah Cobb rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2013
Joseph
Joseph rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Saralyn
Saralyn rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Heather Lander
Heather Lander rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Linda Hall
Linda Hall rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Bernice
Bernice rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2011
Vivian
Vivian rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2010
Tamara
Tamara rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2008
Luke
Luke rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2013
Kristen Hass
Kristen Hass rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2015
Sarah Kramer
Sarah Kramer rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2008
Dark Star
Dark Star rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...