Start by marking “Hard to Come By (Hard Ink, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hard to Come By (Hard Ink, #3)

Hard to Come By (Hard Ink #3)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,912 Ratings  ·  507 Reviews
Caught between desire and loyalty…

Derek DiMarzio would do anything for the members of his disgraced Special Forces team—sacrifice his body, help a former teammate with a covert operation to restore their honor, and even go behind enemy lines. He just never expected to want the beautiful woman he found there.

When a sexy stranger asks questions about her brother, Emilie Garz
Published November 25th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Hard to Come By, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard to Come By

Lisa
Nov 25, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

Read my review at Sinfully Sexy .

5 Stars!

“Hard Ink was turning into the goddamned Love Boat.”

description

Hard to Come By is book three in Laura Kaye’s Hard Ink series. With each book and novella in this series I become more and more enthralled and invested in this “merry band of misfits” who are trying to clear their names. The overall story arc in this series essentially flows from one book to another. For this reason I highly recommend reading the previous books and novellas first if you have not
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Happy Release Day to Marz and Emilie and their awesome story!

5 'hard to beat' stars!!!

Hard to Come By is the third book in the Hard Ink series, and continues with the team’s efforts to get to the bottom of the ambush that cost them so much. It’s an action packed story and a fantastic read, start to finish.

Blurb…
Caught between desire and loyalty…

Claire Robinson
Nov 25, 2014 Claire Robinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5- "It's the easiest thing I've ever done." Stars!

Hard to Come By literally picks up from where Hard to Hold on To left off, you 100% need to read this series in order, too much has happened on the previous books, which amazingly only actually cover 10 days in the life of The Hard Ink Special Forces Team!

”We’re just some guys who are trying to do the right thing.”

Derek DiMarzio has figured quite heavily in the previous books in this series, being the tech guy of the team it has been his brains a
Beanbag Love
Jan 05, 2015 Beanbag Love rated it it was amazing
Even though the setting is the series title (the Hard Ink tattoo shop), it’s actually suspense romance about a group of former special forces soldiers who were run out of the military by villains whose nefarious purposes had already killed 7 of their brothers-in-arms and yoked them into “less than honorable” discharges.

The first two novels were excellent and the third book – a novella – was even better, IMO. So, naturally, I was preparing for the series to start to crash and burn. Beanbag Cynici
Victoria
Dec 01, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it
“Does this feel good?” he asked as he continued to tease and rub.

Her breath caught and she gave a fast nod. “Oh, yeah. So good.”

He flicked his tongue over her lips, loving the way she attempted to capture it. “I bet you’re really fucking hot here,” he said, pressing a little harder between her legs to make sure she knew exactly what he was saying.

“Yeah,” she said in a breathy little gasp that made him thrust against her palm.

“Bet I could make you feel even better,” he said, sucking her botto
Lover of Romance
After I read Hard To Come By I wondered why has it taken me so long to read this author!! I was very surprised how much I enjoyed this one, as I look back on how much I enjoyed this story, I realized I definitely need to try out the earlier two books. I do love this genre, its so exciting and sexy, and I really enjoyed what the author has done with this story. Even jumping into the series out of order, I never felt like I was totally lost. The author does a fantastic job of introducing the set u ...more
Marta
Dec 03, 2014 Marta rated it it was amazing
“Oh, Baby. Hands on the fucking glass.”

That was just the start of my fall into what is known as the sexiness of Derek DiMarzio.

He has had emotional scars from throughout his life along with the physical scars he brought back from an ambushed mission in Afghanistan. A mission that cost the lives of some of his fellow soldiers and led to the dishonorable discharge of the surviving members, including himself.

Derek was witty, charming, loving and very loyal. Loyal to those he loves, including the
I knew I was going to love Derek from the moment we met him in the first book, he is without a doubt a hero, someone who sacrificed a lot to protect his best friend and fellow Special Forces team member and who has no regrets about any of it. Derek has a great sense of humour but more than anything I love his strength of character and the way he is so loyal to his team. He's the kind of guy that any woman would be lucky to meet and it doesn't take Emilie long to realise how great he is. The conn ...more
Bj
Oct 04, 2015 Bj rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2014, 4-stars
4 "Love is Hard to Come By" Stars! Could true love possibly grow out of deception? Lovers of action-packed, passionate reads, who love their heroes alpha strong and reassuringly protective, along with a bit of suspense mixed in, will not want to miss Hard To Come By.

The pace of this book is sure to keep your undivided attention. From the intriguing scenes that will leave you guessing as to the underlying conspiracy surrounding the circumstances that led to the downfall of the ex-military specia
Sep 06, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Another great romance with lots of suspense and action. Kinda of a let down the way Church got dealt with. I think my only complaint about this series is the books just end. I guess that's cause the next one starts right up at that point. So here's hoping the last book in the series has an amazing epilogue.
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Originally posted at The Book Nympho
SEXYAUDIOBOOKSWOON
It just blows my mind that this series' time line is just a couple of weeks. There is so much going on that it feels like it should be longer. This band of brothers are getting closer to taking down the bad guys and the plot thickens. Just when they think they know what they are up against new information comes to light. Laura Kaye has written a great romantic suspense series. She continues to hold my attention with fast plot lines and sexy romances.

Speaking
Sylvie
Nov 28, 2014 Sylvie rated it it was amazing
Every time a new book from Laura Kaye comes out I think to myself that this one can't possibly be better than the one before it. But every time, I'm proven wrong, and this time is no exception.

Hard To Come By continues the story of a group of Special Forces operatives who were disgraced through no fault of their own, and less-than-honorably discharged, and now seek to discover exactly who is responsible, and to restore their lost honor. If you haven't read the other books in this series, stop re
Quynh
This is my favorite book in the series so far! I love the growing bond between all of the characters and the build up of the plot gets more intense in this one. There were some surprises and revelations I wasn't expecting. Some parts here and there brought me to tears.

As a series, I think it's important if these books are read in order. You become more invested in these characters than if you read this one as a standalone.

The Hard Ink team is still trying to track down people responsible for w
Caz Malpas
4 DIRTY TALKING STARS!!!

This book had my favourite hero so far in the Hard Ink series.
I loved Derek, he was so adorable, honourable and sexy as hell. I loved his positivity towards his disability and how he didn't come across as a victim.

Loved the dirty talking from both the Derek and Emilie, she was a bit of a saucy minx with all her fantasies.

The suspense aspect was good too, a really good read/listen.

Next please.......
Sarah Anne
Apr 03, 2014 Sarah Anne marked it as to-read
"Derek DiMarizo would do anything for the members of his disgraced Special Forces team - sacrifice his boyd, help a former teammate with a a covert operation to restore their honour, and even go behind enemy lines. He just never expected to want he beautiful women he found there.

When a sexy stranger asks questions about her brother, Emilie Garza is torn between loyalty to the brother she once idolized and fear of the war-changed man he's become. Derek's easy smile and quiet strength tempt Emilie
Pat
Nov 21, 2014 Pat rated it it was amazing
Action, suspence, and sizzling romance......love the Hard Ink men! Full review to follow
Sunny
ARC Review

All the men of the Hard Ink came back from their tour of the Middle East damaged. Physically and mentally they are hurting. Derek, perhaps more than the other, is the most physically damaged; he lost his leg. Yet, his attitude, easy humor, computer smarts, and pure grit make him one of the most attractive characters in the series. Plus, he has that dark sexy side. I love man who enjoys dirty talk!

There is no formula for what makes an attractive alpha. I recently wrote a review where th
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Hard to Come By is the first book in Laura Kaye’s Hard Ink series that I have read. I was surprised that it worked as well as it did as a stand-alone. The key events from the past books that have brought these men to this point in their lives is mentioned throughout the book enough that I was brought up to speed, and it never felt like rehashing. Much is mentioned in dialogue between Derek and Emilie as she is the latest victim in the mess that the Hard Ink family has been thrown into.
Derek is
 Lori (Ficwishes)
Nov 17, 2014 Lori (Ficwishes) rated it it was amazing
First of all, I have to say, if you have never read any books by Laura Kaye, you need to stop what you're doing right now and go. Nope. Don't even finish reading this review. You need these books in your life.

Laura Kaye has a way of writing seamless stories that flow in a way that causes the words to form scenes in my head. Many times I don't feel like I'm reading at all, but rather I'm watching a movie or TV series. (Incidentally, these books would make an AMAZING TV series. One that even my hu
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

Holy hell author Laura Kaye has done it again; writing an absolutely brilliant story that was intricate, emotional, intriguing and sexy. When I first started reading this series I wasn’t sure how I felt about the ongoing suspense story arc but as time has gone on I’ve come to realize that it is the glue that holds these characters together and it adds so much interest into the story.
As each book
GraceMyBookSnack
A absolute Hard Ink page turner!

Hard To Come By is Derek DeMarzio’s story. While fighting in Afghanistan, Derek (a.k.a Marz) lost a leg while protecting his friend. Just knowing that bit of info, you get an idea of the kind of person he is. Not only is Derek loyal to those he cares about, but also he’s the first to make everyone laugh. He’s just an all around great guy who tries to find the silver lining in everything. I was delighted that he gets paired with someone like Emilie Garza, because s
Sofia Lazaridou
I don't know why but it's always hard for me to write a review for a book in the series despite the fact that I love the books. Marz is my favorite guy, even though all of them are great. I think the author made very obvious which is going to be the couple in the fourth novel in the series. If I want to be one hundred per cent honest I will have to admit two things.

One, I want the series to end and at the same time I don't want to. I am dying to know what really happened and who is behind everyt
Chris- Bookaddict
Nov 19, 2014 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
Once again Laura has done it. This series just gets better and better with each book. Hard to Come by is the third book in the Hard Ink series. I will say if you have not read this series yet you might want to think about it. You also need to start from the beginning to be able to understand how it all fits together. Every book brings more info to the front lines for these men, and you would not understand it if you do not start from the beginning.

We all know that Derek DiMarzio (Marz) will do a
Amy
Nov 19, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
How I do love this series! Just when I think it can't get better, it does.

Derek ‘Marz’ DiMarzio is lonely. He’s envious of his friends who even under the adverse conditions, which they are all living right now, have managed to find love. He spends his days, and many nights, staring at a computer screen trying to solve the puzzle of what’s on the chip found in Becca’s bear, and what the code on her bracelet might mean to them and how it might help clear the team’s name. Losing part of his leg du
Beth
A steamin’ hot romance, an ex-military trying to clear his name and a baffling conspiracy all make Hard to Come By a great read.

Derek has been discharged along with his fellow team from the military. Now they hope to uncover the plot behind the framing of their team. The deeper they dig the more enemies they uncover. Emilie Garza is the only link to a man they know, knows the answers to the conspiracy behind the team's framing. When Derek approaches Emilie, he quickly finds himself drawn to her
The BookWhisperer
Nov 18, 2014 The BookWhisperer rated it really liked it
To me, this was the best book in the series so far. Two thumbs up to Laura who kicked some butt writing Derek and Emilie’s story.

We all know that I am a huge fan of the Hard Ink series so I kind of gobble up the stories when they become available, so when I say that I read this book in less than 24 hours…I mean it. It became a live and breathe kind of book that I could not put down.

Derek’s character was amazing! There was just something about him that kind of made me love him more than the rest
Lynsey A
I really liked this edition to the Hard Ink series. I loved Marz's attitude on life and the way he treated Emilie from the moment they met. Very sweet story, yet it had some very sad moments.

You definitely have to read this series in order. I don't think it would be too enjoyable without reading them that way.

(view spoiler)
Trea
Nov 29, 2015 Trea rated it really liked it
This story was a direct continuation of the series, so if you haven't read the other books in the series, you really shouldn't read this one until you do so. The characterization is great and I was easily able to connect with Derek and Emelie. It recaps with each of the other couples and sets up for the last two couples of the series. It is quite action packed, but doesn't feel forced or fake. I can't wait for the next book in the series!
  • Honor Reclaimed (HORNET, #2)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sin Brothers, #2)
  • Full Throttle (Black Knights Inc., #7)
  • Midnight Secrets (Men of Midnight, #3)
  • Danger Close (Bagram Special Ops, #4)
  • Mine to Have (Mine, #5)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Way of the Warrior
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1)
  • Midnight Captive (Killer Instincts, #6)
Laura Kaye is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary and paranormal romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink, Heroes, and Hearts of the Anemoi series. Laura's hot, heartfelt stories are all about the universal desire for a place to belong. Laura grew up amidst family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her life-long fascination wi ...more
More about Laura Kaye...

Hard Ink (5 books)
  • Hard as It Gets (Hard Ink, #1)
  • Hard as You Can (Hard Ink, #2)
  • Only, Always, Forever (Hard Ink, #3.6)
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)

“Wearing only his boxers, Marz sat on the edge of the bed and removed his limb. And then he shifted under the covers with her. "Now," he said, "Does hiding under the covers involve covering the head, too?" Or just the body?

Such a sweet, cute mane. "Just the body. Covering the head makes it a fort."

His eyes went wide. "Is that so? Duly noted.”
2 likes
“Shane elbowed Beckett as they started to cross toward the door. "It's not a prosthetic limb, it's a hollow leg."

"You know," Marz said, "that would actually be freaking cool. It could be refrigerated, and you could keep drinks and snacks in it."

Beckett just started at him.

"When I'm a kabillionaire, off my refrigerated prosthetic hollow leg, son't ask to borrow a drink. That's all I'm saying.”
1 likes