Start by marking “Gryphon's Eyrie (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #7)” as Want to Read:
Gryphon's Eyrie (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #7)

Gryphon's Eyrie (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle #7)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  567 ratings  ·  7 reviews
THE HERITAGE OF THE GRYPHON WILL CHOOSE ITS OWN. THE TIME OF CHOICE IS NOW.

The urge within him is overwhelming, and Kerovan -- he of the cloven hooves and amber eyes--is driven toward the mountains--toward the dark. With him goes the Lady Joisan, who carries within her secrets unknown to Kerovan.

By calling upon the Powers within themselves, willing the forces of Light to f
Published January 1st 1984 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Gryphon's Eyrie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gryphon's Eyrie

Anne Elizabeth
The characters don't share their thoughts and feelings as much in this book as they did in the two earlier Gryphon books. I have to suspect that's A.C. Crispin's influence, since The Crystal Gryphon and Gryphon in Glory were written by Andre Norton alone, while this is co-written by the two. It's still good enough for me to continue with the sequel, another cowritten work, this time apparently about one or more of these characters' children. {Smile}
Valerie
I have to say many blurbs are misleading in the extreme. This one, for example, doesn't include the fact that quite a few refugee clans from Native American tribes seem to've found their way into the Witch World (Arvon especially). In this book, it's the Kioga, who play a fairly major part in the story. The series description is inaccurate, as
well--none of the action takes place in High Hallack.
Michelle
(Another one from my favorite author in high school... from my collection of 40 or so of her novels) I skipped the book in between books 1 & 3, but I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy this one so much... I love the vocabulary, and it had a little romance in it as well which I'm sure appealed to the romantic in me :o)
Kenneth Flusche
Read in Tribute to the Late Ms. Crispin brought back memories of Norton from 40 years ago. More something for my sisters or even my daughter but an ok yarn.
Peggy Lo
i have to say, eyrie is one of my favorite words

Gene
Gene marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Andrea Oregon
Andrea Oregon marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Swin Hudson
Swin Hudson marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
N I
N I marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Jonathan Coulombe
Jonathan Coulombe marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Desmond
Desmond marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Sep 30, 2014
A.
A. added it
Sep 19, 2014
  • Jerlayne
  • Fire Arrow (The Songs of Eirren, #2)
  • Kutath (The Faded Sun, #3)
  • The Seven Towers
  • No One Noticed the Cat
  • Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)
  • The Adventures of King Midas
  • Pyromancer (Mancer, #1)
  • The Moon and the Face (Kyreol Duology, #2)
  • The Stone Fey
  • Sorcerer's Son (The Book of Elementals, #1)
  • The Claidi Collection
  • Tiger Burning Bright
  • The Dancers of Arun (Chronicles of Tornor, #2)
  • Heroes Return (Hero, #5)
  • The Hound and the Falcon
  • Necromancer Nine (Land of the True Game, #2)
Alice Mary Norton always had an affinity to the humanities. She started writing in her teens, inspired by a charismatic high school teacher. First contacts with the publishing world led her, as many other contemporary female writers targeting a male-dominated market, to choose a literary pseudonym. In 1934 she legally changed her name to Andre Alice. The androgynous Andre doesn't really say "male" ...more
More about Andre Norton...
The Elvenbane (Halfblood Chronicles, #1) Elvenblood (Halfblood Chronicles, #2) Elvenborn (Halfblood Chronicles, #3) Witch World (Witch World Series 1: Estcarp Cycle, #1) The Time Traders (Time Traders/ Ross Murdock, #1)