Start by marking “Gryphon's Eyrie (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #7)” as Want to Read:
Gryphon's Eyrie (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #7)

Gryphon's Eyrie (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle #7)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  612 ratings  ·  8 reviews

The urge within him is overwhelming, and Kerovan -- he of the cloven hooves and amber eyes--is driven toward the mountains--toward the dark. With him goes the Lady Joisan, who carries within her secrets unknown to Kerovan.

By calling upon the Powers within themselves, willing the forces of Light to f
Published January 1st 1984 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Gryphon's Eyrie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gryphon's Eyrie

I have to say many blurbs are misleading in the extreme. This one, for example, doesn't include the fact that quite a few refugee clans from Native American tribes seem to've found their way into the Witch World (Arvon especially). In this book, it's the Kioga, who play a fairly major part in the story. The series description is inaccurate, as
well--none of the action takes place in High Hallack.

The final resolution of That Which Runs The Ridges is not very satisfying, because the intermediate v
I've owned this and the previous two books for years and have read them several times (rereading the second one right now, in fact).
Anne Elizabeth
The characters don't share their thoughts and feelings as much in this book as they did in the two earlier Gryphon books. I have to suspect that's A.C. Crispin's influence, since The Crystal Gryphon and Gryphon in Glory were written by Andre Norton alone, while this is co-written by the two. It's still good enough for me to continue with the sequel, another cowritten work, this time apparently about one or more of these characters' children. {Smile}
(Another one from my favorite author in high school... from my collection of 40 or so of her novels) I skipped the book in between books 1 & 3, but I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy this one so much... I love the vocabulary, and it had a little romance in it as well which I'm sure appealed to the romantic in me :o)
Kenneth Flusche
Read in Tribute to the Late Ms. Crispin brought back memories of Norton from 40 years ago. More something for my sisters or even my daughter but an ok yarn.
Peggy Lo
i have to say, eyrie is one of my favorite words

Jon is currently reading it
Oct 03, 2015
Richard marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Lisam marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Claire added it
Aug 30, 2015
Kathy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Jem is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2015
  • Jerlayne
  • The Seven Towers
  • The Adventures of King Midas
  • No One Noticed the Cat
  • The Moon and the Face (Kyreol Duology, #2)
  • Heroes Return (Hero, #5)
  • Black Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #1)
  • Shon'jir (The Faded Sun, #2)
  • Pyromancer (Mancer, #1)
  • Wizards Eleven (Land of the True Game, #3)
  • Sorcerer's Son (The Book of Elementals, #1)
  • The Stone Fey
  • The Dancers of Arun (Chronicles of Tornor, #2)
  • Fire Arrow (The Songs of Eirren, #2)
  • The Search for Kä (Gandalara Cycle, #5)
  • The Dark World
  • Prison of Souls (Bard's Tale, #3)
  • Sisters in Fantasy 2
Alice Mary Norton always had an affinity to the humanities. She started writing in her teens, inspired by a charismatic high school teacher. First contacts with the publishing world led her, as many other contemporary female writers targeting a male-dominated market, to choose a literary pseudonym. In 1934 she legally changed her name to Andre Alice. The androgynous Andre doesn't really say "male" ...more
More about Andre Norton...

Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Horn Crown (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #0)
  • Year of the Unicorn (Witch World Series 2, High Hallack Cycle, #1)
  • Spell of the Witch World (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #2)
  • The Jargoon Pard (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #3)
  • Zarsthor's Bane (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #4)
  • The Crystal Gryphon (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #5)
  • Gryphon in Glory (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #6)
  • Were Wrath
  • Songsmith (Witch World Series 2: High Hallack Cycle, #9)
  • The Gates to Witch World
The Elvenbane (Halfblood Chronicles, #1) Elvenblood (Halfblood Chronicles, #2) Elvenborn (Halfblood Chronicles, #3) Witch World (Witch World Series 1: Estcarp Cycle, #1) The Time Traders (Time Traders/ Ross Murdock, #1)