A History of Archaeological Thought

A History of Archaeological Thought

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The development of archaeological thought is analyzed by examining archaeological history to determine to what extent its trends reflect the personal and collective interests of archaeologists.
Published January 26th 1990 by Cambridge University Press (first published January 1st 1989)

Djinnjer
I keep this book to cure insomnia. I have never been able to get through an entire chapter without falling asleep, regardless of where or when I'm reading it. It should be interesting! It's not poorly written! I have NO IDEA what my problem with it is.
Annie
Oct 22, 2008 Annie added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Archaeologists
Wow, welcome to grad school Annie...
Caitlin
trying to read whole chapters for Archaeology tutorials was such a hard thing. kept putting me to sleep.
Sara
Mar 03, 2012 Sara rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
The first chapter was very confusing, as was some of the later ones, but maybe that's just because I am not so good with the theoretical stuff...BUt I would recommend reading the first chapter last.
Sofia
May 10, 2013 Sofia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: archaeologists, students
Shelves: archaeology, science
Well written and comprehensive book. For all those who are interested in archaeological methods and theories behind the practice.
Melanie
Pretty good at describing the various ways of approaching archaeology through the ages using specific sites as examples.
Lee Broderick
A comprehensive guide to the subject: to the extent that "consulting Trigger" is a phrase known to most archaeologists.
Jaime
An impressive life's work, but I prefer the updated 2nd edition.
Aimee
For the theory dork in all of us.
Shane Bess
Shane Bess is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2014
Julian Patton
Julian Patton marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Mon
Mon added it
Jun 18, 2014
Carlo Del
Carlo Del marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Tay
Tay marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Robin Hoffman
Robin Hoffman marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
James
James added it
Apr 27, 2014
Pamela
Pamela added it
Apr 23, 2014
Linus Vieira
Linus Vieira marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Emmanuel Patrice
Emmanuel Patrice marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Megan Ferguson
Megan Ferguson marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Kunal
Kunal marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Liam Townsend
Liam Townsend marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
The Huron: Farmers of the North Ancient Egypt: A Social History The Children of Aataentsic: A History of the Huron People to 1660 Understanding Early Civilizations: A Comparative Study Natives and Newcomers: Canada's "Heroic Age" Reconsidered