Start by marking “Mister Rogers Talks with Parents” as Want to Read:
Mister Rogers Talks with Parents

Mister Rogers Talks with Parents

4.69 of 5 stars 4.69  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This book describes the understanding of children that forms the core of Mister Rogers' communication. There's nothing magical about this understanding, and Fred Rogers and Barry Head share it with anyone who reads this book. 6 inch. x 9 inch., 320 pages
Published June 1st 1993 by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation (first published June 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Mister Rogers Talks with Parents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mister Rogers Talks with Parents

Natalie
Mar 24, 2008 Natalie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone with children
Shelves: library, parenting
This book was awesome. Mister Rogers has such a great perspective of developing children. I learned a lot - some of which I used helping Sam deal with Tommy's surgery.

This book deals almost entirely with the emotional development of kids - fears we don't think about (like going down the drain, all of the blood coming out of our body when we get cut) to remind us that kids are not just short adults. They need a lot of guidance and love to help learn about this big world.

I haven't seen this book i
Lenay
Outstanding parenting book by such a wonderful teacher. This book was published in 1983 and has excellent and surprisingly *current* parenting advice. I happened to find this book in the library and being a huge fan of Mr. Rogers as a child, I decided to check it out.
As a new parent, it is almost impossible to avoid the deluge of information & wild popularity of the Attachment Parenting (AP) movement. While I do not at all strictly adhere to the principles of Attachment Parenting, I do incor
Eric Sundquist
Mister Rogers breaks down many of the anxieties of growing children as well as the anxieties of growing parents. His gentle, caring voice comes across on every page. The book may be a little dated, but the truths it presents are appropriate for all generations. Mister Rogers Talks with Parents is simply a must-read for all new parents who want to know what is going on in the heads of their developing children.
Lauren
Oct 02, 2014 Lauren rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ANYONE
Shelves: baby
Mr. Rogers continues to be an amazing influence on my life even now that I am now the Parent and no longer the child! I recommend this book to ANYONE who ever has any kind of connection with a child.
Shannon
This is a good one. Mister Rogers is a hero for our times.

Angel Diaz
Angel Diaz marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Helena
Helena marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Farah
Farah marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Janey
Janey marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
LeAnna
LeAnna marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Aaron Lambert
Aaron Lambert marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Oneoddfrog
Oneoddfrog is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Rolandofeld
Rolandofeld marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Quin Rich
Quin Rich marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Libby
Libby marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Chrissy Charisma
Chrissy Charisma marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Lisa Waltman
Lisa Waltman is currently reading it
Oct 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Fred McFeely Rogers was an American educator, minister, songwriter, and television host. Rogers was the host of the television show Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, in production from 1968 to 2001. Rogers was also an ordained Presbyterian minister.
More about Fred Rogers...
The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember Life's Journeys According to Mister Rogers: Things to Remember Along the Way Dear Mister Rogers, Does It Ever Rain in Your Neighborhood?: Letters to Mister Rogers Many Ways to Say I Love You: Wisdom for Parents and Children from Mister Rogers You Are Special: Neighborly Wit And Wisdom From Mister Rogers