Start by marking “Lord, Only You Can Change Me: A Devotional Study on Growing in Character from the Beatitudes” as Want to Read:

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Enjoy the expanded and updated editions of the best-selling "Lord" Bible Study Series from Kay Arthur.The "Lord" study series is an insightful, warm-hearted Bible study series designed to meet readers where they are--and help them discover God's answers to their deepest needs.

Can God Really Change You from the Inside Out? Yes!

Who are you...on the inside? Are you growing in
Published November 21st 2000 by WaterBrook Press (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Lord, Only You Can Change Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord, Only You Can Change Me

Strawberryblonde
Chapters:

1. Getting Beyond Our Masks

2. Where True Happiness Begins

3. Do You Weep Over Sin?

4. Meekness in the Presence of Sovereignty

5. Meekness: Is It Weakness or Strength?

6. Hungering and Thirsting for Righteousness

7 How Can I Be Merciful...Pure?

8. Peacemakers...but Persecuted

9. Salt, Light, and You

Debra Wagenecht
Great study to understand the beatitudes!
Crossroads Ecc
The Beatitudes
Do you ever become frustrated because you are not all you want to be for the Lord? Have you wondered deep in your heart how you could ever change? In the Beatitudes, Jesus calls us to an inner character which can never be attained by human effort. Through the work of the indwelling Holy Spirit, He can change you from the inside out--bringing about the relationship with God you've always longed for. One that is as real and pure on the inside as it is on the outside.
Pamela
Jan 30, 2008 Pamela rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: a Bible study group, not for a Bible as literature student
I'm reading this as background for a Bible as Literature class. I'm approaching the Beatitudes as a list poem.

The book spent more time on behavior than Beatitudes. It may be an excellent book for someone else--but I wanted a sense of the words as paradox. This was not what I expected.
Anne
The ladies' Bible Study group at my church worked through this one a few years ago. I never had a full understanding of the Beatitudes until I read this book. Warning: it's deep. Don't try to read it without taking the time to think it through.
Katherine
This book was awesome for me! I read it after the tragic loss of someone very close and dear to me. Very inspirational book that taught me how to really READ my bible and pray. I finally found joy after months of depression.
Anita
May 16, 2008 Anita rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in the Sermon on the Mount
If you are going to study the Beatitudes and the Sermon on the Mount, this is a good place to start. Very simple read with questions to help you interact with what the Bible is teaching.
Chapman04
Sep 20, 2008 Chapman04 is currently reading it
I am really enjoying this daily study! It is my first by Kay Arthur and I highly recommend it. It is a thorough and personal study of the beatitudes and Your attitude.
Joyce Stewart
There are plenty of times that we are left in the fiery furnace for change.

This book is definitely a great companion and resource to stay strong in your faith.
Jennifer Radtke
Amazing! The thoughts you think while working through this study are wonderfully helpful. Go and get yourself a copy.
Cynthia
My favorite of all the bible studies I have done. Written so that you really relate!
Linda
Great study on the Beatitudes; be changed from the inside out.
T
One of her best.
Gassaway Baptist
Gassaway Baptist marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Adrienna
Adrienna marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Kayla Woodhouse
Kayla Woodhouse marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Kristy
Kristy is currently reading it
Oct 27, 2014
Tonya
Tonya is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2014
Leixy K
Leixy K marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Rachel Estcourt
Rachel Estcourt marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Wanda Badger
Wanda Badger marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Aaron Lee
Aaron Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Tiffany Boyer
Tiffany Boyer marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
  • The Unquenchable Worshipper: Coming Back to the Heart of Worship
  • God in the Dark
  • Voices of the Faithful
  • It Was Good: Making Art to the Glory of God
  • Mary Slessor: Forward into Calabar (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Ruth: Loss, Love & Legacy - Member Book
  • Loving God
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • Humble Orthodoxy: Holding the Truth High Without Putting People Down
Kay Arthur (born November 11, 1933 in Jackson, Michigan) is an international Bible teacher, four-time ECPA Christian Book Award winning author, and co-CEO of Precept Ministries International. Kay has systematized studying the Bible, developing a set of steps to follow so as to "mine" the details of the given book under study. Being systematized, it is accessible to lay persons, rather than scholar ...more
More about Kay Arthur...
Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God How to Study Your Bible Israel, My Beloved Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days As Silver Refined: Answers to Life's Disappointments