Start by marking “Lord, Only You Can Change Me: A Devotional Study on Growing in Character from the Beatitudes” as Want to Read:

Lord, Only You Can Change Me: A Devotional Study on Growing in Character from the Beatitudes (Devotional Study )

Enjoy the expanded and updated editions of the best-selling "Lord" Bible Study Series from Kay Arthur.The "Lord" study series is an insightful, warm-hearted Bible study series designed to meet readers where they are--and help them discover God's answers to their deepest needs.

Can God Really Change You from the Inside Out? Yes!

Who are you...on the inside? Are you growing in
Published November 21st 2000 by WaterBrook (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Lord, Only You Can Change Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord, Only You Can Change Me

Janet Pittman
Kay Arthur provides an in-depth study on the beatitudes from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount. I liked the premise given the transformation we all can experience through our faith. Also, I enjoyed my discussion with Kathleen. The author gets a bit preachy, and I personally felt like I was being lectured. There's some redundancy. While I was reading, I kept thinking that the book could have had fewer pages and had a greater impact. Despite these downsides, I was glad I had the opportunity to read it.
Maggie Boyd
Dec 14, 2015 Maggie Boyd rated it it was ok
This is one of three books I read on the beatitudes in the last few weeks.

One thing I appreciated was that the author often broke down the information into key points, having you go back over the scripture and pull out key words and study how they fit in their setting. She gave practical solutions to how to get from where you are now to being a person of the beatitudes and she examined each one carefully.

My problem with the book came from the struggle the author seemed to have with balancing mor
Oct 09, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
One of the best devotionals I've studied! I knew before I began it that I would be tested, and that has proven to be true! There were many days of wondering how I, as a Christian, should handle certain situations. Each daily devotion has plenty of scripture reading and Kay Arthur is excellent at teaching how to use these verses in thinking more about our walk with the Lord. We often hear that we are to be salt and light to this world, but do we think about what happens if a light goes out, or if ...more
Sherie Kirkpatrick
Aug 18, 2015 Sherie Kirkpatrick rated it it was amazing
Very convicting study/book! Good devotional study on the Beatitudes or in other words, how to live out the Christian life that will be pleasing to our Father in heaven!
Debra Wagenecht
Great study to understand the beatitudes!
Crossroads Ecc
Jan 12, 2012 Crossroads Ecc rated it it was amazing
The Beatitudes
Do you ever become frustrated because you are not all you want to be for the Lord? Have you wondered deep in your heart how you could ever change? In the Beatitudes, Jesus calls us to an inner character which can never be attained by human effort. Through the work of the indwelling Holy Spirit, He can change you from the inside out--bringing about the relationship with God you've always longed for. One that is as real and pure on the inside as it is on the outside.
Jennah
Oct 23, 2015 Jennah rated it really liked it
Shelves: devotionals
Chapters:

1. Getting Beyond Our Masks

2. Where True Happiness Begins

3. Do You Weep Over Sin?

4. Meekness in the Presence of Sovereignty

5. Meekness: Is It Weakness or Strength?

6. Hungering and Thirsting for Righteousness

7 How Can I Be Merciful...Pure?

8. Peacemakers...but Persecuted

9. Salt, Light, and You

Pamela
Jan 30, 2008 Pamela rated it liked it
Recommends it for: a Bible study group, not for a Bible as literature student
I'm reading this as background for a Bible as Literature class. I'm approaching the Beatitudes as a list poem.

The book spent more time on behavior than Beatitudes. It may be an excellent book for someone else--but I wanted a sense of the words as paradox. This was not what I expected.
Anne
Apr 09, 2009 Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual-growth
The ladies' Bible Study group at my church worked through this one a few years ago. I never had a full understanding of the Beatitudes until I read this book. Warning: it's deep. Don't try to read it without taking the time to think it through.
Katherine
Aug 06, 2013 Katherine rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome for me! I read it after the tragic loss of someone very close and dear to me. Very inspirational book that taught me how to really READ my bible and pray. I finally found joy after months of depression.
Anita
May 16, 2008 Anita rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in the Sermon on the Mount
If you are going to study the Beatitudes and the Sermon on the Mount, this is a good place to start. Very simple read with questions to help you interact with what the Bible is teaching.
Chapman04
Sep 20, 2008 Chapman04 is currently reading it
I am really enjoying this daily study! It is my first by Kay Arthur and I highly recommend it. It is a thorough and personal study of the beatitudes and Your attitude.
Joyce Stewart
Jun 22, 2012 Joyce Stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are plenty of times that we are left in the fiery furnace for change.

This book is definitely a great companion and resource to stay strong in your faith.
Jennifer Radtke
Jul 16, 2013 Jennifer Radtke rated it it was amazing
Amazing! The thoughts you think while working through this study are wonderfully helpful. Go and get yourself a copy.
Cynthia
My favorite of all the bible studies I have done. Written so that you really relate!
Michelle Cass
Sep 07, 2016 Michelle Cass rated it it was amazing
This book really helped me this summer. I recommend it for anyone.
Linda
Feb 08, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great study on the Beatitudes; be changed from the inside out.
T
Jun 05, 2010 T rated it it was amazing
One of her best.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Natalie Barnett
Natalie Barnett marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
M
M added it
Sep 03, 2016
Savannah
Savannah is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2016
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
Holman
Holman added it
Aug 02, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Queentemilayo
Queentemilayo marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Julie
Julie added it
Jun 12, 2016
Ginnette
Ginnette rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Zondervan Handbook to the Bible
  • Just Give Me Jesus
  • Don't Just Stand There, Pray Something: The Incredible Power of Intercessory Prayer
  • Stories for the Heart-The Original Collection: 110 Stories to Encourage Your Soul
  • Love Has a Price Tag: Inspiring Stories That Will Open Your Heart to Life's Little Miracles
  • Simple Faith
  • Voices of the Faithful
  • The Names of God
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • The Rhetoric Companion
Kay Arthur (born November 11, 1933 in Jackson, Michigan) is an international Bible teacher, four-time ECPA Christian Book Award winning author, and co-CEO of Precept Ministries International. Kay has systematized studying the Bible, developing a set of steps to follow so as to "mine" the details of the given book under study. Being systematized, it is accessible to lay persons, rather than scholar ...more
More about Kay Arthur...

Devotional Study (8 books)
  • Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God
  • Lord, Is It Warfare? Teach Me to Stand: A Devotional Study on Spiritual Victory
  • Lord, Heal My Hurts: A Devotional Study on God's Care and Deliverance
  • Lord, I Need Grace to Make It Today: A Devotional Study on God's Power for Daily Living
  • Lord, Where Are You When Bad Things Happen?: A Devotional Study on Living by Faith
  • Lord, Give Me a Heart for You: A Devotional Study on Having a Passion for God
  • Lord, I'm Torn Between Two Masters: A Devotional Study on Genuine Faith from the Sermon on the Mount