Start by marking “Fine Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fine Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty, #2)

Fine Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Daisy Gumm Majesty is a spiritualist and con artist. When she comes across the phantom "haunting" Mrs Bissel's basement she thinks it may be the missing heiress Marianna Wagner, desperately fleeing her unhappy home, so what should she do?
Published July 1st 2003 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Fine Spirits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fine Spirits

Gina
I love Daisy Gunn - spiritualist to the rich of 1920's Pasadena. Daisy freely acknowledges to her friends and family that she is a fake, but she sees her job as offering relief to those who have lost loved ones in the war. In this outting, one of her clients calls her to exorcise a ghost in her basement. Soon Daisy is involved in a case of a missing heiress and the adventure is off and running. A GREAT SERIES
Susan
Although this is number two in a charming mystery series set in 1920's Pasadena, it is not particularly a mystery itself. Packaged as a romance, it's not really a romance, either. Spiritualist Daisy Gumm Majesty is called upon to exorcise a ghost from the basement of one of her clients. Since Daisy doesn't believe in ghosts, she's sure something all too real is causing the noises. Still, she has her family, including the husband who was so badly wounded in the Great War, to support, so she'll do ...more
Pat
More cozy than mystery but still a lot of fun to read. I'd love to taste Aunt Vi's cooking!
Joanna
Another Daisy Gum Majesty down the hatch! These books are just a fun, light read but also very interesting. I do enjoy the descriptions of just about everything, from the frustration of the old Model T and Brown the horse who doesn't want to always go to the very real problems of living with a spouse in constant pain. But her attitude is always very upbeat.
Kat
Harriet
Daisy continues her pleasant narrative, though there are hints at darker times ahead. This starts out with a bit more of a mystery as Daisy is hired to exorcise a haunted basement.
Kathy
fun mystery stories set in 1921. interesting family, with the protagonist a spiritualist (admittedly a fraud, but good at it!) Fun stuff.
Rachelle
Well it's really not much of a mystery....but the characters are engaging and I can't resist the descriptions of old Pasadena.
Bea
Jul 21, 2011 Bea added it
Once again, Daisy Gumm Majesty is a real delight. I wish Alice Duncan books were easier to get. I love this series!
This is cute, but it's just not holding my attention. My TBR pile is too big right now.
Gillian Doyle
Gillian Doyle marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Amy Cox
Amy Cox marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Carolyn Injoy
Carolyn Injoy marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Elle
Elle added it
Aug 04, 2014
violet r bryan
violet r bryan marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Sheila Gilliam
Sheila Gilliam marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Strong Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty, #1) Hungry Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty, #4) Ancient Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty, #6) High Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty, #3) Genteel Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty, #5)