Start by marking “The Final Crumpet (A Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
The Final Crumpet (A Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #2)

The Final Crumpet (A Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #2)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  129 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Etienne Makepeace, England's celebrated "Tea Sage," vanished without a trace in 1966, leaving the whole of Great Britain wondering what became of the famed radio personality. Forty years later his hastily buried remains are discovered beneath two sickly Assam tea bushes in the Royal Tunbridge Wells Tea Museum's tea garden--"along with the pistol that killed him. Nigel Owen ...more
Published December 31st 2005 by Barbour Publishing (first published August 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Final Crumpet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Crumpet

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha ChristieThe Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas AdamsDeath by Darjeeling by Laura ChildsThe Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan
Tea Time!
102nd out of 136 books — 60 voters

More lists with this book...

Dorothy
Aug 14, 2012 Dorothy rated it it was ok
Recommended to Dorothy by: Santa Claus
not my cup of tea. I like the classic cozy mystery style. A puzzle, all the clues are hidden there in the text of the novel for you to try to solve it. This wasn't that.

The authors do slightly hint that the amateur sleuths are christians and that God...could also be a brilliant problem solver....might have been a lot further along had they turned this problem over to God, too." p.268 But I would have liked to then see them add more development there and have the sleuths share when they did that
Jennie
Dec 20, 2015 Jennie rated it liked it
Not as good as the first. Did not move along in reading, as did the first book. Interesting plot. The last third was really the best part of the book. This book dwells more on the the relationship between Nigel and Flick.
Lorna
Jan 11, 2014 Lorna rated it liked it
The second in the series just didn't really hold my interest. Perhaps I didn't care about the mystery enough to be overly interested in how it was solved. Or, I was just busy with the holiday season and a little distracted. It wasn't a bad book, just not a great one.
Sarah "Kat"
May 06, 2016 Sarah "Kat" rated it it was ok
There was something that turned me off - the relationship between the two protagonists, the museum directors, that I couldn't quite buy into and then I saw that there was a start of a Christian slant to the book which turned me off.
Kimberly
Sep 25, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cosy-mystery
I have enjoyed this series. It is not very fast moving and goes into details about tea or English tradition that don't really have anything to do with the story, but you get a feel for England the characters. It is clean and the characters have values and morsls. It is so nice to see an author with values.
Raquel Rochelle
Feb 26, 2012 Raquel Rochelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
The mystery storyline and characters were entertaining but there were a few sections that included some religious concepts that didn't fit well with the overall trajectory of the book. Though infrequent and brief, those sections negatively impacted my experience of this book.
Marsha
Apr 03, 2013 Marsha rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
This is a throwaway, read-me-at-night book that doesn't require much of a stretch of brain power. I almost can't believe I put it on my Kindle, but I did. The characters are as bland as the English rain and the 'mystery' is a stretch. Can't recommend.
Jessie
Despite being a Christian publisher, the book was not preachy, except for the few paragraphs that supposedly turned the hero around. Even though there was a murder and Cold War era spies, this was a nice non-violent cozy.
Samm Seals
Jun 26, 2011 Samm Seals rated it liked it
A gentle mystery. read it on a road trip, finished easily.
lot's of suspects and the solution is not expected.
I did think of the culprit but, dismissed it and read on.
Rachel Heffington
Jan 08, 2013 Rachel Heffington rated it really liked it
A perfect sequel to "Dead as a Scone", "The Final Crumpet" was a cozy, complete, amusing mystery that kept you guessing well into the last few pages. :)
Maureen
Jul 29, 2012 Maureen rated it it was ok
I've been dragging my feet on this one, as much as I love books set in Britian. It may get pitched.
Kathy
Sep 02, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-modern
Slow at first. Characters well developed.
Pam Dick
Pam Dick rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
A
A rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Eleonor Mae
Eleonor Mae marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
George F. Tempel
George F. Tempel rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Skittles
Skittles marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Tera Moulton
Tera Moulton rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2016
Billy
Billy marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Crystal Cavern: A Place For Refuge or A Deadly Trap?
  • Fatal Deduction
  • Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)
  • A Steal of a Deal (The Shop-Til-U-Drop Collection #2)
  • Your Chariot Awaits (Andi Mc Connell Mystery #1)
  • Deadfall
  • The Hidden
  • Irreparable Harm
  • And Then There Were Two (Dani Ross Mystery #2)
  • Footsteps
  • Expiration Date
  • Along Came a Cowboy (Pinky Promise Sisterhood, #2)
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • Deep Blue
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
  • Head Game
  • Blind Justice
Ron Benrey, the author of "Know Your Rights, a Survival Guide for Non Lawyers" (for Sterling), and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Christian Fiction" (for Penguin), is also a prolific novelist who has coauthored nine romantic suspense novels with his wife Janet: The Pippa Hunnechurch Mysteries, The Royal Tunbridge Wells Mysteries for Barbour, and the Glory, North Carolina, Mysteries. All th ...more
More about Ron Benrey...

A Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery (2 books)
  • Dead as a Scone (A Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #1)