Start by marking “Bride on the Loose” as Want to Read:
Bride on the Loose

Bride on the Loose (Those Manning Men #3)

Jason Manning is content with his life as a bachelor, a slob and a sports fan. Then a precocious girl named Carrie Weston decides to play matchmaker, introducing him to her mother, Charlotte. To his relief, Charlotte is as averse to marriage as he is. But Jason's feelings start to change once he gets to know his Bride on the Loose.

Published June 17th 2013 by Mira Books (first published July 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Bride on the Loose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride on the Loose

Heidi
Oct 29, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing
A very charming love story. I love how patient Jason is.
Julianna
Aug 04, 2014 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet Contemporary Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Bride on the Loose is the third story in Debbie Macomber's Those Manning Men series, and I'd have to say it's probably my favorite in the series so far. Carefree bachelor, Jason Manning was the last of the Manning men still standing, but he's finally brought to his knees by a little thing called love, when a matchmaking teenager tries to fix him up with her mom in hopes that having a man in her life will make her mom more lenient about her dating. Jason wasn't too pleased
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Feb 19, 2008 Gramedia Pustaka Utama rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2002-2003
Seandainya ada cowok seperti Jason Manning, mau banget dapet satu..^_^
Bagaimana tidak bila dokter hewan yang tampan dan cool ini punya kesabaran selangit..kayanya cocok nih jadi doctor mcdreamy..kekkeee..
Charlotte Weston yang tinggal di komplek apartemen milik Jason berhasil membuat Jason yang bangga mengaku sebagai bujangan sejati dengan motto lebih baik punya tiket masuk pertandingan olahraga daripada punya pacar malah bertekuk lutut. Tapi sayangnya Jason tidak mengetahui betapa traumanya Char
Robin Clemons
Aug 20, 2014 Robin Clemons rated it it was amazing
Sensitive to a fault

Sensitive to a fault

it helped me to realize that true love can conquer just about anything!

Although this book was probably written as a way to help someone overcome their own feelings of inadequacy it definitely caused this person to reexamine her own feelings of distrust for the male population.

I would recommend this more to an older adult, but, it could not harm someone that empathises with the plight of the young woman in the story. It also shows how compromise can solve a
Debbie Heaton
In Macomber’s romance novel, Jason Manning is a dedicated and perfectly content bachelor, an avid sports fan, and an overall slob. When precocious Carrie Weston decides to play matchmaker, she introduces him to her mother, Charlotte. Much to his relief, Charlotte has been burned by romance and wants nothing to do with marriage ever again. But before Jason can count to three, his feelings begin to change the more he gets to know the reluctant mother.

As always, Macomber has nailed a sensitive and
Patricia Solla
Apr 13, 2010 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
This is an early series written by an author I really love. The series involves three brothers (the Mannings). Actually there is more to the series I suppose as there are two Manning sisters and unusual marriages mentioned in this book. This book involves a young daughter trying to get her mother a date with one of the brothers so the mother can 'get a life' and then the fun begins.
Kayla
Feb 02, 2016 Kayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I thought this book was a good, quick read. Debbie Macomber's books normally are for you. Even tho this book when along with the rest of the series in the way it was written as well as what happened during the book. So it was a bit predictable but I've already fallen in love with the characters so I just had to keep reading. Only two more books in the series and I can't wait to read them.
Amelia
Mar 09, 2015 Amelia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a clean romance. It didn't have the typical raunchy sex in it, but it was difficult to read at parts. Brought out unpleasant memories, but it was still worth reading. Debbie Macomber typically writes clean romances, so when I picked this up I didn't even look at the harlequin romance. Lol. Cute love story.
Yulia Anggraini
dikira setelah acara kaburx charlotte bakal cerita yang sebenarx k jason...eeeh tw2x...
bener2 bodoh...!

tp klo g kek gtu ,ceritax bakal beda y... ;p
#tp sungguh tidak bisa menahan dri klo ketemu tokoh yg oon...#
Debra Kaitschuck
Sometimes I just wanted to shake some sense into the main characters, but I feel that sort of reaction often with romance novels. The language was clean and the book didn't quite unfold the way I would have predicted, even though it was somewhat predictable.
April Suter
Carrie becomes the matchmaker for her mother. She feels it is time for Charlotte to date and be happy. Their handsome landlord is her first choice--Jason is a vet and has a large family who is ready for a wedding.

250 pages
Jeanne
Mar 26, 2013 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is a good romance story with a dominant male and a frightened female. And throw in one meddling teenager. I enjoyed the story but found some parts a little to sexually explicit for my tastes.
Shakira
Mar 29, 2015 Shakira rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lorraine Shaw
Apr 30, 2016 Lorraine Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A like Debbie's books.
Shakira
Mar 29, 2015 Shakira rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mary Ann Donaghy
May 18, 2015 Mary Ann Donaghy rated it really liked it
Love the characters and how they interacted. It was a nice story.
Lisa Luxemberg
Good beach book. Very quick to read. Romance novel.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Modern
Donna
Dec 12, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit slow in spots, but a good book.
Jan
I like it. Believable characters, and the story wasn't entirely predictable. Liked the teenager, liked the manly man sportsfan Jason, and liked the scared Charlotte.
Ann-marie
A very quick read and one of the Debbie earliest novel. Has a very serious topic which is sexually abuse. Overall a sweet nice read.
Colleen King-bergquist
Kind of predictable, but I really like this author for a quick, fun read.
Alice
Mar 02, 2012 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to find out what happened with the last bachelor in the Manning family!
Mary Baker
Debbie Macomber has given her readers another good read. I enjoyed this book, fell in love with Jason Manning, and was so glad he got his happy ever after ending.
Danise
Nov 16, 2014 Danise rated it liked it
Quick, fun read.
diane shultz
diane shultz rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2013
Jordi
Jordi rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Marilyn Birch
Marilyn Birch rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2014
michael r wilson
michael r wilson rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
  • Bayi Sang Miliarder (The Billionaire And The Baby)
  • Perkawinan (The Wedding)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Anak Rahasia (His Secret Child) - 3 Bayi Untuk 3 Saudara Book 1
  • Just Desserts (Jersey Strong #4)
  • Lonceng Perkawinan
  • Various States of Undress: Carolina
  • Wife by Arrangement / Kekasih yang Sesungguhnya  (Italian Grooms, #1)
  • Bachelor Sisters : Menjadi Mempelai - To Become A Bride (Book 2)
  • Istri Simpanan
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Winter Soldier (Soldier of Fortune, #5 & Long, Tall Texans, #38)
  • The Devaney Brothers: Michael and Patrick: Michael's Discovery\Patrick's Destiny
  • Second Chance at the Sugar Shack (Sugar Shack, #1)
  • Mission: Make-Over
  • Cowboy Take Me Away (Rainbow Valley, #1)
  • Stories for Christmas: Free heart-warming festive tasters from three bestselling authors
  • The Apartment
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Those Manning Men (4 books)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Those Manning Men, #1)
  • Stand-In Wife