Start by marking “Untangle My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Untangle My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #1)

Untangle My Heart (Tangled Hearts #1)

When her marriage ended in tragedy, Kate DiFrancesco rebuilt her life, but has never gotten over the pain of what she lost. Seeking the help of an ex-lover ignites feelings she’s promised never to have again. She’ll need to untangle herself from dangers in her past in order to break the hard shell around her heart.

Edward Weston has a lot to prove, both to his stuffy upper-
Published November 24th 2013 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Untangle My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untangle My Heart

Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergBully by Penelope DouglasCollide by Gail McHughBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Romance Debuts 2013
320th out of 441 books — 4,002 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensDown London Road by Samantha YoungNever Too Far by Abbi Glines
2013 Release books to read
491st out of 1,027 books — 2,299 voters

More lists with this book...

Michele Mannon
Dec 13, 2013 Michele Mannon rated it it was amazing
Edward and Kate are two characters that will stay with me for a long time. The sparks between them are HOT! I love that Maria K. Alexander writes from the heart, that these characters and their conflict is so real, you're breathlessly waiting to read what happens next to them. I love the hometown spin, as well. Makes me want to head over to the closest Italian bakery for a cannoli, and some hot romance!

Highly recommend "Untangle My Heart" to readers looking for the perfect romance to cuddle up w
Diana Quincy
Dec 04, 2013 Diana Quincy rated it it was amazing
This book is the perfect mix of sensuality and passion, on one hand, and family warmth, tradition and togetherness on the other. Maria K. Alexander seamlessly interweaves it all together into a heart-felt, super-sexy love story. To say much more would be to give away some of the surprises that occur along the way - and it is these unexpected turns that get us in the gut and make "Untangle My Heart" a story to savor.
RoseAnn DeFranco
Dec 14, 2013 RoseAnn DeFranco rated it it was amazing
Untangle My Heart is a super sexy and intriguing read. Edward and Kate sizzle together. It is interesting, and a times heartbreaking, to watch them overcome previous demons in order to move on with their lives. The only thing hotter than this couple together is the food and Kate’s extended family. I’m looking forward to more stories from this promising debut author, hopefully one about Nick, Kate’s impossibly yummy brother!
Charmaine Walker
Feb 02, 2014 Charmaine Walker rated it it was amazing
Kate and Edward..what a dynamic couple :-)
So much heartache in kate's life she deserves happiness. oh Edward..what a hunk just what kate needs once he sorts himself out. so happy lucas was taken care of.
would love to see a follow up book regarding the other characters Vicki. .nick..vinnie etc also Edward kate and lucas
HIGHLY RECOMMEND X
Shay
Jan 30, 2014 Shay rated it really liked it
One of the first books where the backstory was actually tragic enough to justify the characters issues. I loved how Kate and Edward worked out their issues. My only complaint is I felt I missed a previous book or two because of the mentions of the relationships of Charles and Meg and Karen and Kyle.
Joanna Shupe
Aug 30, 2016 Joanna Shupe rated it it was amazing
Kate is a spitfire and Edward is a British playboy struggling with some issues of his own. I like the family dynamics in this one and the way they both made each other better in the end. A fun, quick read!
J.B.
Lots of touching moments! I found myself all teary—twice! The importance of family—old and new—in this book, is a main theme, and so integral to what makes this book wonderful! Plus, I adored tough, smart-aleck Kate (the heroine).
Emma
Dec 26, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! I really felt for the heroine in this story. I was very glad it's a romance because I wanted a Happy Ever After for this heroine in the worst way. I actually cried when she got it, and I rarely cry over books. Great job.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Kate had lost her young son, her unborn child & her abusive husband all in the same accident. Caused by her abusive husband chasing after her. After that, she swore to herself to keep her emotions in check & not let herself be vulnerable to another man. She & Edward had a brief fling the previous summer & as hot as the fling was it was enough. But now she's finding that stronger feelings for Edward seem to be developing, but she can't trust that Edward would be open to more than ...more
Michelle Joyce Bond
Mar 28, 2015 Michelle Joyce Bond rated it it was amazing
When Edward sweeps in to help Kate and her family design a new family restaurant, Kate is completely set against becoming involved with the dashing Brit again. But their short fling is blooming into something more as Edward is drawn closer and closer to her. This is despite Kate’s dark past: an abusive marriage that ended in tragedy. Kate is afraid to risk her heart again, but Edward is determined to win her over. Her strength and the warmth of her close family are things Edward is missing in ...more
Whispers
Disappointed.....

Disappointed.....

Kate and Edward has a brief affair over the summer. He wants more but she doesn't want a relationship. Her ex was abusive and while chasing her in a car, crashed into her killing himself and their 2 yr old son. Then Edward doesn't want a permanent relationship. It goes back and forth like this. She wants him but doesn't. He wants her but doesn't. I felt sorry for Edward because she was a pure witch. Then half way thru he starts being a prick. I started not to fi
Kerry
Apr 03, 2014 Kerry rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A great read with romance, a bit of danger, and a large Italian family. I loved Kate and Edward and was glad that we didn't have to wait too long to understand why she was so hesitant to begin a relationship with Edward. Their relationship was realistic and had just the right amounts of passion and tension. While reading I assumed this was the second book in a series because of the way other characters and relationships were described, but it seems this is actually the first in the series. I'm ...more
Nicole
Mar 18, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touching story

I adored the story of Edward and Kate! What can I say about Edward? He's British (hello....accent), and hot. But also a little damaged from his upbringing. Kate is a hot-headed Italian chick with her own emotional baggage. What you have when they come together is a really sweet contemporary romance I would gladly recommend as a great read.

Well done, Maria K. Alexander. Looking forward to the next story.
Daphne
Feb 16, 2014 Daphne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

I loved the characters in this story, and it had promise of a good romance. I did find it choppy in places and a little too drawn out in others. It has a really good base for the plot line though. For some this will be exactly the kind of romance you love to read, but for me this was too far from my genre to be considered a favorite. I do recommend this book however to all the people who love a sweet romance.
Anabelle Bryant
Aug 10, 2014 Anabelle Bryant rated it it was amazing
Untangle My Heart is everything I want a contemporary romance to be. Romance, strong plot, characters I care about – you can’t ask for much more from a book. The story is well thought out and believable. The characters are well rounded and flawed, just like people in real life, so that adds to being able to relate to the story. Edward and Kate are equally matched and sexy together. The author draws you into the story and that keeps the pages turning until the happily ever after.
Tiffany Tinkham-Graves
Jan 17, 2015 Tiffany Tinkham-Graves rated it it was amazing
A man gets involved with a woman from his past. Together they got to learn some lessons and help each other. I loved this Romance book that had just a smidgen of action in it to make it a awesome read.
Charity Foster
Feb 10, 2014 Charity Foster rated it liked it
**3.5 Stars** The book is a good read for anyone who enjoys heartache, romance, drama, suspense, love and HEAs. It was an easy read and I enjoyed getting to know Edward and Kate. Loved the HEA and would like to see Kate's brother Nick get his HEA as well.
Dena
Sep 29, 2014 Dena rated it really liked it
Cute, cute story. It's definitely an enjoyable book. The characters and plot line was well defined. It was all sorts of different love wrapped into one book
Jenna
Feb 13, 2014 Jenna rated it liked it
For being a romance novel, this book is entertaining. Once the love scenes begin they are enticing and frequent. The storyline is basic and typical for a romance novel but I repeat entertaining.
Cathie Wheat
Mar 04, 2014 Cathie Wheat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

delightful book with great characters. I think it's a good story and easy to read. Very clever and enjoyable I recommend it wholeheartedly.
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Christina OW
Christina OW rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2014
Duff Berry
Duff Berry rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Ani
Ani rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2014
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2014
Nadzs Andrews
Nadzs Andrews rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Book Promotions: Feel Good Romance 99 Cents 1 2 Jul 22, 2014 10:13AM
  • LEGACY RISING
  • A Touch Of Magic
  • Time for Love
  • A Divine Life (The Divine Trilogy, #2)
  • Winter Song
  • Asking For Trouble
  • Beautiful Music
  • Brainstorm
  • An Eye For Danger
  • Test Pilot's Daughter: Revenge
  • The Soul Series: Special Edition (Soul, #1-3)
  • Secrets, Spies & Sweet Little Lies (Secrets & Spies, #1)
  • Wayward Son (Texas Wildfire, #2)
  • Chasing Pretty
  • Unwritten Rules
  • Sue and Tom (Yearbook, #2)
  • Mia's Journey
  • Return to Audubon Springs (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #1)
A romantic at heart, Maria K. Alexander spent hours as a young girl getting lost in and wishing to be one of the heroines in the stories she read. Books gave her the ability to go to another world where she loved meeting new characters, learning about their problems, and watching them fall in love.

Maria blogs and shares her writing journey with her critique partners at: http://thevioletfemmes.com
More about Maria K. Alexander...

Tangled Hearts (2 books)
  • Forever in My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #2)

“God, do I love a sexy man who brings me donuts,” 0 likes